Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Disk Shaped UFO Over Snowdonia 24/07/2009

page: 4
97
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
Hello all and thankyou for your replies.

I have a little problem, when I transfered the pictures early this morning not long after getting back, I noticed the disk in the picture straight away and so proceeded to edit it.
I played with the contrast and sharpness and that is all I did but as I went to save the image instead of saving it, I saved as. I have the original image on my phone but when I try and transfer it, it wont work and I dont know why? If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Im really not interested in folk who say oh its just a raindrop blah blah blah or its obvious its been photoshopped because I know it is real and not a hoax.

I took the picture with my Nokia N95 for anyone who wants to know.

Im really annoyed now as it wont transfer, Aaaahhhhhhhhh frustrated!!!!


Haha, your inability to transfer the RAW image when asked, will straight away throw people off which i'm sure you are aware of!

Not really interested in what folk have to say regarding it NOT being anything but an object on the window? You should be respectful of everyones thoughts on your image, as you have to see where their skepticism is coming from, over the internet, in this digital age, especially with photoshop so easily available now.

AND especially as you've claimed you didn't see the UFO with your own eyes, only on the image afterward.

How are you trying to transfer it to the computer? Bluetooth or cable?



[edit on 25-7-2009 by Lister87]




posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lister87
 


Oh, sorry if you got the impression that I took you for a close minded person. Not at all. I just wanted to be clear with that no matter what anyone of us believe it will still remain unknown. So even if I quoted you and responded to you I wrote it so it would fit into anyones mind.

Since we all believe differentlly I mean.

And yeah, it was the EXIF info I was talking about, and you are correct, even that info can be manipulated. Anything can be manipulated today unfortunally. That is why it is so hard to prove anything today.

Cheers.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
No saucer. Seeing a saucer requires alot of interpretation of something that is really just a patch of color that happens to be about the same color as the hills below it. Take note that the other raindrops invert the image like a convex lense. The one where the "saucer" appears is one made up of the hill and the sky turned upside down.

Just a refraction from a raindrop. I see no reason to make more out of it.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I really hope you'll be able to transfer the unedited image for others to watch.

And perhaps inspecting and photographing the window of the car where you took the picture.

Not that those saying it's something stuck on the window will be silent if the window comes back clean, as you then could have just wiped it.

To me, it really doesn't look like something on the _

S&F , and I'll be watching this thread.

Good luck!



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Im keeping an open mind and willing to give the op the benefit of the doubt on this matter.

As far as debris on the window or on the lens i find it hard to believe that it only showed up in the one picture in just such a location as to be perfectly visible.

Also given some of the people on this site and their reaction to such things i find it hard to believe that anyone would post anything that would wreck their credibility for some stars and flags.

Too bad beauty that you didn't notice the object at the time. I don't suppose that you took any other pictures out the window in question just to show that the object wasn't static.

Good find nonetheless!



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast
 


N95 has many available options when it comes to sending.

You have:

multimedia, email, bluetooth, infra-red, web upload and the use of a cable.

You have managed to send it across once, surely it can be done again.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lister87
 


Yes I understand what you are saying but what I am saying is I know the image is real and not a smear on the window or raindrops.
I am using a cable to try and transfer it right now but it just wont budge from the phone.
My pc is not bluetooth enabled so I am unable to transfer it that way.

I cant tell you how P****d off I am but at least I have the original.

I may get in touch with MUFON and see what they have to say because this is one hell of a picture and I know it could cause a lot of buzz in the Ufo scene.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
reply to post by Lister87
 


Oh, sorry if you got the impression that I took you for a close minded person. Not at all. I just wanted to be clear with that no matter what anyone of us believe it will still remain unknown. So even if I quoted you and responded to you I wrote it so it would fit into anyones mind.

Since we all believe differentlly I mean.

And yeah, it was the EXIF info I was talking about, and you are correct, even that info can be manipulated. Anything can be manipulated today unfortunally. That is why it is so hard to prove anything today.

Cheers.


No worries, i guess things can be taken the wrong way over the internet too easily because we can't actually tell how someone is saying it!

I don't think any UFO sighting or image will be ever proven 'right' or 'wrong' unless the government were to come out and say something, or some proof that was somehow incorruptible/editable appeared.

The digital age/internet/photoshop has totally killed public belief in photography, at one point photography was seen as the final nail in the coffin, if you had a photograph of something, that was the truth there and then (I'm talking about 1800s through to probably around 1940/1950 ish) but as manipulation and digital imaging appeared, we now live in a constantly skeptical world, especially when it comes to photographs of things such as this.




posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
Im really not interested in folk who say oh its just a raindrop blah blah blah or its obvious its been photoshopped because I know it is real and not a hoax.


Well, I guess you have to live with it really. Even if you know even in your bones that this is real, it will not be enough for those who have yet to experience this.

As I said before, you saw this, you were there, you have your point of view. However, your point of view will always be yours and it can't be cloned over to someone else. Everyone has to get their own point of view based on the information being available to them.

Others opinion will always differ from yours.
So please try not to take any of the comments here personally and let them share their point of views with you even if you disagree with them.

Hope you get that transfer working. =)
Keep up the good work.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
reply to post by Lister87
 


Yes I understand what you are saying but what I am saying is I know the image is real and not a smear on the window or raindrops.
I am using a cable to try and transfer it right now but it just wont budge from the phone.
My pc is not bluetooth enabled so I am unable to transfer it that way.

I cant tell you how P****d off I am but at least I have the original.

I may get in touch with MUFON and see what they have to say because this is one hell of a picture and I know it could cause a lot of buzz in the Ufo scene.


Maybe you could try emailing it to yourself via the phone? I don't understand why it wouldn't transfer, that's odd.

I am interested to see the image and the three layers that are on the 'UFO'.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


I am sitting here trying to do it now but it just wont transfer.
Im thinking because it transfers the pictures to Nokia lifeblog 2.5 and does it on a timeline maybe this has something to do with why it wont transfer again but I really dont know?



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon

As I said before, you saw this, you were there, you have your point of view.


To be honest, i think that was the main problem i had with the post and image, is that she claimed she didn't see the 'UFO' herself at the time, only in the image later, which of course is fair enough, but from the image she has uploaded, we see nothing more than a dark shape, although apparently her original image has it in much better detail, so we shall see i guess, haha.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lister87
 


Yes I will try emailing it to myself, thanks that is a good idea so long as it does not interfere with the image?



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast
 


Check so you havn't by mistake turned on any "protection" on that images.
I had N95 a year ago ( constantly broke so I switched to HTC...Not sure if that was wise though =P ) and if I remember correctly there were a option to protect them so you couldn't delete them or anything.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Akezzon]



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


I am sitting here trying to do it now but it just wont transfer.
Im thinking because it transfers the pictures to Nokia lifeblog 2.5 and does it on a timeline maybe this has something to do with why it wont transfer again but I really dont know?


Firstly, are you using PC or Mac? I assume a PC of some sort as most modern Macs have bluetooth! (maybe i'm assuming wrong incase you have an older Mac)

When i transfer to and from my phone, i just drag and drop into the actual phone via MY COMPUTER > NOKIAN95 > MEMORY CARY> _______



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
reply to post by Lister87
 


Yes I will try emailing it to myself, thanks that is a good idea so long as it does not interfere with the image?


It shouldn't do if you just email the whole file itself!



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lister87
 


No, I said that when I zoom in on my computer and play with the image sharpen etc that it looks to have 3 sections to it. The original image is exactly the same as the image I posted here apart from the contrast and sharpness.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Great picture. It must have got the goosebumps on the go when you looked at it.

As an option for an explaination, what about a parasail canopy?

Good luck with the transfer, please don't lose the original! Could you MMS it or email to another device?

If you enjoyed Snowdon, travel up to the Lake District and take in Scafell and Coniston. Then Ben Nevis and you've done the three tallest peaks in Britain. Do them in 24hrs for a real achievement.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast
 


Lifeblog could be the problem.

Also a memory hog, if you don't use it it's best to delete it.

But we're swaying off topic a bit now



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal
 


I see whats being talked about now. Thanks for pointing that out. There sure seems to be allot of sightings that show up after pic's are processed. It seems that the camera picks up what can't be seen with the naked eye.





new topics

top topics



 
97
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join