It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Lanterns and ISS cause alot of UFO reportings, N0?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think you are misunderstanding my post. I was giving a general reply. I was simply saying that even though the people who witness the UFO know what they saw and that it was not the ISS or some other pedestrian object, they will still ignore your testimony and keep telling you that what you saw was the ISS. In spite of overwhelming evidence that it is NOT the ISS>

My last paragraph in my original post was highlighting a normal response from that crowd of people who do this. It is like they are dismissing anything the witness saw and are telling you what you saw , even though they themselves weren't there to see what you saw. They seem so sure of what YOU saw. So maybe they do know what you saw and they don't want you to know what you saw and are saying it's the ISS or birds or something stupid.

Just don't get me wrong. I too am on the UFO side. I've seen these moving stars. I've seen the ISS. they ARE NOT the same thing. there is something else up there that people all over the world have been seeing. as for me I think it's probably a new black project recon plane much more advanced than the aroura.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Thanks BASSPLYR, got you now..

I don't want to take away from anyone about UFO's, I just want people to know and use the websites available to eliminate the sighting of ISS and the like and the chance of a local occasion using Lanterns causes UFO reportings..

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedev
I'm not aiming this at Ufologist's, more towards the few posts I have seen since joining a few weeks ago and other sites with descriptions of what "could be" Lanterns or the ISS..?

To be honest as a keen watcher of the skies for over 25 years, i still get strange looks from friends if I point out a satelite!!

The ISS is very bright and again If you go about pointing it out to someone You could be left feeling silly and wired to the moon so to speak...

Just thought I'd raise this point, please don't get hot and bothered if I've insulted your intelligence.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the UFO debate but rather help folk who stumble on this sort of thing and think Omfg!! Then flood the proper debate with normal sky activity...

It must be a result of alot of UFO sightings "not all" and I suppose they are to the individual as they are "Unidentified" to them at that point..?

Thoughts and wisdom please ATSers..

[edit on 24-7-2009 by weedev]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by weedev took out smiley faces!]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by weedev]

You don't seem like somebody who has read through or watched a lot of information that is posted on here.

There are thousands of claims and other anomalies that can not be explained by either of those 2.

You are generalizing thousands of years worth of reports.
What about all of the sightings before the ISS was even made?

Those can not all be chinese lanterns...

And only the slow moving , or barely moving ones can be attributed to the Chinese Lanterns because they do not move fast, so a good portion of many ufo's in sightings do.

You have much to learn.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

You have not read the whole post or understood the OP!

Thanks anyway...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've had recently a real sighting and last week 2 Chinese laterns came over, they were nothing like my recent sighting. The first was during daylight and I caught it on tape, it didn't glow and I could have posted it for my fellow atsers to riddle, but I didn't because I am sincere. It looked like a square dark object flying pretty fast. The other one came over a couple of hours later as it turned dark. It was low in orbit going with the wind and the light flickered. It was during a clear sky only visible for a few hundred yards because the light wasn't very bright. Nothing like the bright objects I saw almost 4 weeks ago which were almost a mile away and seen by multiple witnesses in a radius of 10 Miles.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

There is also a very strong correlation between the behaviour of these UFO orbs and the stories written of in ancient biblical scriptures. If you truly want my opinion, I can tell you with very high certainty that these objects are spiritual, multi-dimensional extraterrestrials that the primitive civilizations turned into gods.

- But they are more likley to just be Geo-Plasma caused by tectonic stress.

- what are you basing this high level of certainty on?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Careful......

He blows up if you challenge him too much...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Have to agree with this topic, some chinese lanterns were released saturday eve near our house and I had to double take the 6 or so flickering orange lights in the sky. It was only when I watched their slow movement with the direction wind & clouds and saw the final lantern rise from the ground that I realised, now to a less observant person they could cry UFO. I personally have released many a lantern at parties etc, and i am adamant I could spot the difference between a lantern and a 'ufo' after a few mins observation.

However, there are those 'orb' reports out there that dont comply to the chinese lantern rule, independent movement as if on a flight path, constant low altitude, helicopter speed, and size.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stig_otd

Totaly my point, thanks!

There are folk out there that will see the ISS for the first time and shout UFO, also Lanterns do cause UFO reports too often...

I was hoping this thread would help explain some of these common everyday actual sky activities!

To help solve the true UFO sightings..

Wast of time me thinks

Thanks for the posts anyway troops

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join