It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity - History's Greatest Scam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ZenOnKwalsky

Godless Islamists away? (and the likes of myself ofcourse). Well I can't say it's doing a very good job is it? Does 9/11 strike a bell? Plus I live in North America and have access to the same society as yourself. I don't think belief in jesus does keep anyone "away"...whatever that means.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
No doubt, corruption has taken place, but...

Please explain (in extensive detail?) how your signature "sums up the moronic origins of Christianity" ?

thanks!

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
If you think that Christianity is backwards and garbage, why are you wasting your time discussing it? I don't go to my neighbors and talk about trash.

I agree. Why not try to dismiss Islam? Roman Catholicism? Paganism?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by speakplain

Another in the daily line of Christian bashing threads.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread earlier this morning. Is it me, or are there more and more of these lately?

The only 'religion' that it is 'cool' to be part of is Buddhism!! Shamanistic belief systems are also treated with respect.

Moslem 'bashing' threads are treated as racist by many ATS'ers, as are Jewish ones.

But Christianity is still being treated as the greatest threat to secularlism that the world has ever known! I wonder why?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
Gday,

Originally posted by teapot
Given as that original sin is defiance of God, Mary the mother of Jesus, the woman who was faithful (to God) in the extreme, was the Immaculate Conception, also translated as virgin.
Reference to the virgin birth is not strong enough to refute the validity of the Christian faith.

You have confused two different things :

* the virgin birth (Mary's birth of Jesus)
* the immaculate conception (Anne's conception of Mary)

A common error.

K.

No confusion here mate!

The Immaculate Conception (purity) produced Mary (purity)!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by makinho21
reply to post by teapot

You make some pretty ridiculous points, that more or less have no bearing on the validity of this stupid fable you believe in. First off - yes artificial insemination does exist, however you need sperm. It only came about 1884. So fail on that point - mind you it didn't help your case because it requires SPERM.
Asexual reproduction ofcourse does exist. Humans do not reproduce asexually. We do not have the mechanism for it. Even hermaphrodites, who are born with both pairs of sexual organs are unable to reproduce - the organs don't work properly. They are usually sterile due to chromosomal malfunction. Anyways, there is no reason to bring this up other than try and make it seem as if it supports your outlandish dogma - which it doesn't.
Furthermore it sounds like you are talking about parthenogenesis, which does occur in the animal kingdom, however, it has never been documented in humans or mammals to occur naturally. Basically it is cloning so unless Jesus looked like a Jewish tramp (ie: his mother) then this has no place in our debate. If that is what you want to cling to, in desperate hope of somehow making sense of your ludicrous believe, so be it, but don't try and twist fact to support your fiction.

Scientific knowledge takes a long time to catch up with the wonders of nature!

It is interesting that my outlandish (and somewhat unchristian!) pointing out of the diverse opportunities that nature can create to propagate, should cause such offence!

Incidently, scientists in the UK have found a way to grow fake sperm from stem cells! How freaky is that! Not as freaky as God and that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

I think Roman Catholicism is part of Christianity is it not? Why would I bother with the others anyway....Christianity is the only one arrogant enough to boast a figure that is god and man, and "saved" us all and so on. Islam has prophets, but nothing like that. Paganism? Is there really need to even bring that up. Do you believe in leprechauns and fairies and pixies? Such fiction makes wonderful reading, but it's obviously not real. Same thing with Paganism - I'm pretty sure it's safe to say Zeus and Mount. Olympus don't exist.
Christianity is all around me and unfortunately, Christians don't seem happy until I believe what they believe. Why not keep their delusions to themselves? They can't...and they won't be satisfied until they push their trash on everyone else - much like some Muslims I know. That is why I have a problem with it. If I lived in the Middle East, most like I would be attacking Islam, however, the religion closest to home and the one I know the most about is Christianity.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by makinho21

I think Roman Catholicism is part of Christianity is it not?

Roman Catholicism is certainly not Christianity. Chick Publications has a tract that explains, in great detail, why Catholicism isn't Christianity. www.chick.com...

Christianity is all around me and unfortunately, Christians don't seem happy until I believe what they believe. Why not keep their delusions to themselves? They can't...and they won't be satisfied until they push their trash on everyone else - much like some Muslims I know.

Christians aren't spreading the Gospel because they just want people to join their religion, Christians spread the Gospel because where you spend eternity is the most important decision you'll ever make. Hell is a terrible place and they don't want you, or anyone else, to end up there; and neither does God.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
'

The very notion of organized religion is primitve and fear based. The people who follow are sheep looking for a shepard, ... without the intelligence or courage to blaze their own trail.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

Your argument is self refuting. I cannot explain it to you if you can't see that. By definition, a miracle is the temporary suspension of known laws - else it is not a miracle.
If miracles or unexplained phenomena NEVER occur, then you might be right. I don't claim to know everything, therefore would not be arrogant enough to conclude that a miracle is impossible. Certainly it was seen as a miracle by the people involved at the time (see Bible), and I believe the Bible to be the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
'

The very notion of organized religion is primitve and fear based. The people who follow are sheep looking for a shepard, ... without the intelligence or courage to blaze their own trail.

It baffles me how someone can come out with such a widespread assumption!

Do you realise, that you sound exactly like every other religion basher on here? Doesn't that make you a sheep? You sound like a disciple of David Icke.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Buddy if you try and tell Catholics they are not "Christian" - they will probably try to give you a smack. Your link is to some obscure theory that is obviously intended for born-agains and evangelicals to use against Catholics, but the fact remains - Catholics are Christian. I don't know why you would try to refute that...simply because they don't "interpret" that book the same way as you do? Seems a little ignorant. Maybe those other Christian sects are jealous Catholicism is more popular and wide-spread. I don't know...
Also, a belief in a mystical afterlife is not a good enough reason to force dogma on others. It's never been proven, there is no evidence to suggest it exists (in the way you put forward), and really, they have no business trying to make others believe their fairytales.
That is why I stand here and denounce it - because it makes people think that others that don't see life their way need to be "saved", which is a terribly ignorant and arrogant perspective.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by makinho21]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Buddy if you try and tell Catholics they are not "Christian" - they will probably try to give you a smack. Your link is to some obscure theory that is obviously intended for born-agains and evangelicals to use against Catholics, but the fact remains - Catholics are Christian.

Catholics are not Christian. They do all kinds of things that are never heard of in the Bible. Praying to Mary isn't in the Bible. Popes aren't in the Bible. The eucharist isn't in the Bible. Praying to the patron saints isn't in the Bible. The Rosary isn't in the Bible. The confessional isn't in the Bible. Priests aren't in the Bible. Nuns aren't in the Bible.

The main reason why Catholics aren't Christians is because they believe in salvation by faith AND works. But the Bible says that all we need for salvation is Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Just because they do things "not in the bible", doesn't mean they are not Christian. They believe in Jesus Christ - they believe he rose from the dead and he is the son of the god (and/or is god or whatever). I think that's pretty indicative of CHRISTIANS. They are a bit different, as are 100s of Christian groups that do something a little differently than you might. Does that mean they are wrong and not a 'true' Christian? No...it just comes down to you thinking you are right and "knowing" they are wrong. Maybe they just interpret things a little differently. There are lots of Christians who claim "Jesus is Buddha" and so on...that's not in the bible. That doesn't make then non-Christian does it? They still follow the same principles and teachings laid forth by your friend JC. Furthermore lets look at the word - Christianity - the obvious root is Christ. If you believe in Christ you are Christian. No doubt about that. Christianity's core foundation is the belief Jesus was divine and so on. Catholics believe this. Thus they are Christians. You can try and make them appear different and mischievous with their "satanic" ways, but I think born-agains don't like them because they atleast have the rationale to realize how outdated and dumb some of the bible is. Catholics are more progressive and accepting than evangelicals, and they get spit on for that.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZenOnKwalsky
I dont care what You can invent against God. I simply like Christianity...Not only the ideals of mercy and tolerance but also the Holy Cruasades and the way it keept the godles islamists and likes of you away...
[edit on 24-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

Calling "Islamists" "godless" really does not make any sense what so ever! In fact it shows a complete lack of understanding regarding other religions... Last time i looked they believed in a god, granted not the same god as you believe in but that does not make them godless.

Kind of reminds me of a quote i like.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

because it just ridiculous that so many people believe in this nonsense. they let it dictate thier lives. and christians are the worst, they are the ones always trying to get everyone else to believe in what they believe in. its a joke.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by speakplain

Who's David Icke ?? heard the name before, but never really clicked. Anyhoo, I was a little rough up there, And although Christianity is a tool that can be used positively, .... I only speak from my experience as a Christian of many years, through 3 seperate churches.

And its not about christians, or catholics " as I was early in life" .... or the bible, ... its about religion in general.

I always thought Religion was a product of spirituality, not the other way around, ... I can go on and on, but in the end, we all end up in the same place.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Ahh yes a wonderful quote. I considered putting it in my signature. I did not know who said it though, I heard it through Christopher Hitchens. I'd just like to point out that Islam has the exact same god as Jews and Christians. Which is why it is so stupid they hate each other. They all stemmed from the same supposed lineage...and the same "covenant" with god, and yet they are enemies. Some family. I'm 100% correct on this. Same exact god.
Thank you for your comment as well. I was feeling a little lonely there, as if the whole christian world showed up to comment haha

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

They believe in Jesus Christ - they believe he rose from the dead and he is the son of the god (and/or is god or whatever).

They also believe that Christ's death wasn't enough to pay for our sins, which goes completely against what the Bible says. Catholics believe in salvation through faith and through works, which isn't true. Christ's death on the cross was enough to pay for our sins. Yes, Christians are supposed to do good works, but as a result of being born-again, not because we think it will get us to heaven.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yeah i couldn't agree more, so much for preaching love, respect and peace when people who don't believe the same things are wrong and the enemy.
For the record i don't follow any religion, yet i am not against them and don't completely disagree with "spirituality" or whatever peoples preferred term is.

One thing that really confuses the hell out of me is how people can be so closed minded as not to even have the correct facts when commenting on someone else's beliefs or religion... You would have thought that to have such strong views you would have read more than one book on the subject.

But yeah, your not alone in your views lol.

[initiate flaming from christian's]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join