It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics who are skeptical just to maintain skepticism

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

I don't believe that your post is off topic. However, I did make a reply to you with some links attached. Many of the astronauts DID claim first hand experience and also provided their testimony that they have received information from "People in the know."

I don't know which other astronauts you mean (could you please name them), but Edgar Mitchell, whose contributions as an astronaut I do respect, never said he was told official secret information by our government or other governments. All of the information given to him by officials of foreign governments have been "off the record" second-hand information.

This information is not something that other researchers, such as Stanton Friedman, could not find through interviews with these same officials.

I mean, even people on ATS have posted information about aliens that came from officials of other countries. These foreign sources of information that Mitchell has may be no different than the sources of information I read about on ATS.

It doesn't make it any "more true" just because it came from Edgar Mitchell.

Like I said, I respect Dr. Mitchell and respect his right to have personal beliefs about alien visitation -- but that does not mean that I necessarily agree with those beliefs.

Well, its obvious that you checked none of the posts which I had given to you earlier. I'm sorry bud, but those links have Edgar saying just the opposite on national television...from his own mouth. You can't really argue with it. Its not a question of fact or fiction, its just whether you choose to watch the links regardless of the belief that you're holding onto. It took me a second to find those, so, you should probably see it with your own eyes and give me some credit for locating them after you made a fictitious statement. And, I don't think you intentionally made this statement, but, until you man up and take a look at the footage, you will remain in denial.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Mike_A
Trolling at its best.

I'm sure you misspoke, Mike_A. This would be at its worst. Trolling like this is the most insidious form.

Gee, I thought that the trolls were the one's who went to other people's posts with a consistently negative attitude. I mean, doesn't the expression come from "Trolling around on the internet?" I guess, If I were the one going to posts and trying to tear it down at every turn, I could adequately be called a troll. However, it seems that you may have your definition a tad bit backwards.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Hey....

I think your... thread... has... run.......out............of...................puff

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

Hey....

I think your... thread... has... run.......out............of...................puff

hmmm...we can only hope!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'm not surprised that the only response you can muster is a smiley. Not much you can say when your lying nature is so exposed.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I've always been skeptical about skeptics.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'm not surprised that the only response you can muster is a smiley. Not much you can say when your lying nature is so exposed.

Despite my earlier disdain for this thread, I do think it should be kept alive. Every post asinine and inane post Evolved Ministry makes further exposes him for what he is.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You're a funny guy. And I think if you learn to lighten up, you'd probably do well on a comedy circuit. Better yet, I think that if you actually did it while serious that you would have a better crowd response because people would realize that your natural personality would be far funnier than anything that you could invent within your own mind. And let me tell ya, from what I've seen, you could entertain crowds for days!!! By the way...sticks and stones may break my bones, but, calling me a liar will never hurt me.

It must really anger you that I actually decided to look up some information after another poster requested it. You see, instead of asking me for proof (like you did) he made a statement that could either be proven inaccurate or validated by simple research. So, I chose to prove him WRONG. Conversely, you asked me to prove an opinion with factual evidence. Here's where things went wrong for you...Opinions don't need evidence...sorry about your luck MikeA, but, I don't do someone else's homework for them.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Despite my earlier disdain for this thread, I do think it should be kept alive. Every post asinine and inane post Evolved Ministry makes further exposes him for what he is.

Good stuff again. Oh yeah...this was the guy who thought that you could trust any HUMAN being to do anything, because by nature, we are all fallible and prone to the same mistakes!!! Are you and Mike A dating???

Next time I need an operation, I'll call you instead of a surgeon!!! Why would I want a professional when any HUMAN being will suffice?

But hey, back to the topic. Skeptics/debunkers (more on the debunker side) are silly people who seem to think that all human beings are prone to the same weaknesses as other human beings. I would say that's about as wacky as you all claiming absolutes about a Universe that you have a limited understanding of. Since there are many different variations of people with different limitations, for you to lump everyone in the same categories is rather ridiculous. Some people have great vision, others do not. Some people can lift ridiculous amounts of weight. Others cannot. Some people can hear exceptionally well, some are deaf. The list goes on and on. I'd say that you might want to insert your foot in your mouth before any more fecal matter is expelled, exposing an enormous amount of ignorance and lack of critical thinking. Oh, by the way, ad hominem!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fls13

I've never witnessed a tiny quote with more logic, intellect, and insight than the one that you just posted. And, I am in total agreement!!!

Thanks for your post!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by makinho21

I think to be in the mindset that we are alone is almost ignorant considering the vast size of the known universe. It is hard for most people to even fathom, and I guess the easy way out is to just ignore what is around you and live in a bubble. Personally, I have not witnessed UFOs, and I don't know what to think of "abduction" stories, but I am 100% there is life elsewhere and that we do get visits. The videos and photos and commentary from the likes of people like Aldrin and that pilot from the other post, tell me there is something else flying around in our skies. It would be nice to think humans are special, but I highly highly doubt "life" is a one-time thing. I think the universe only makes sense if the rest of that space is also occupied - if we are alone, what a complete waste of space.

Thank you for your post. Yes, the mindset that it takes to actually believe that this is the only planet that harbors life is tiny indeed. The fact is, I think people actually forget that earth is orbiting and rotating in an infinite amount of space. Somehow people get the notion that earth is a home base for normality, and forget that we are in the cosmos with everything else. Give these people an atmosphere, and somehow it creates a loose bubble of reality based on 2000 years of ignorance taught by one talking monkey to another. We have not even begun to map what exists within our own tiny galaxy and yet, most of these people are certain that they can definitively vouch for what exists beyond those realms. If we don't know what resides in the bottom of our own oceans, we should stop trying to postulate the never ending reaches of the Universe. It all amounts to silly little monkeys beating their chests!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

Hey....

I don't know...It still seems to be smoking quite well. But when it does I'll....inform....you................immediately. Don't.....want........to....leave......you.....out........of..........the.........loop.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Does this mean you are skeptical about yourself? And that you are skeptical about being skeptical about yourself? And therefore skeptical about yourself being skeptical about yourself being skeptical about yourself? And so forth?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Very well said. I too find it hard to believe that so many troll these threads to derail anything about ET life and the fact that they are here with us, and have been here for a very long time. They always ask the same question too, where is the evidence? This they ask, but show no evidence to the contrary, not even in the face of millions of photos and videos, and sworn testimony from prominent people all over the world, and from all walks of life. A very good example of this kind of behavior can be found in the following quote.....

Originally posted by Geladinhu
What are you talking about?
I can't even believe you created such a nonsensical thread!
You should look for a doctor, because you are definitely delusional!

Notice the use of the word "nonsensical," which means: words or language having little or no sense or meaning. Your words make perfect sense to me, and I will bet to many others also.
Scepticism can be a good thing, when applied to the right subject matter. but when applied to something with so very much supporting evidence, even Federal Laws cover it...

In 1982 a law was passed by the U.S. Congress which included a section which made (or could be interpreted to make) contact with ET's illegal. More exactly, the law authorized the detention and quarantine of any person who has been "extra-terrestrially exposed", which is defined as a condition of having either (a) entered the atmosphere of, or landed upon, some non-terrestrial celestial body, or (b) "touched directly or been in close proximity to (or been exposed indirectly to) any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter who or which has been extra-terrestrially exposed by virtue of" (a). Quarantine could be as long as NASA wished it to be, and was to be enforced by armed guards. The decision as to whether or not a person was "extra-terrestrially exposed" rested with the NASA Administrator (or his agents) and could me made without the need to observe the usual niceties of the legal process, such as arrest and trial.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

So, if there are literally millions of people who are lying, and thousands of faked photos and videos, and even the Congress of the united States is in on it, well, dear sceptic, you are right then. But, you will never convince me that ET does not exist, simply because I know better, as do millions of my fellow members of planet Earth.

Sorry for the rant, but this gets under my skin sometimes. Once you have seen one of these craft up close, it changes your life forever.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Your appeal to ridicule argument is the rope by with you are hanging yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Excellently stated. I was not aware that there was an actual law on record forbidding extra-terrestrial contact. JEEEZ. I agree with your post wholeheartedly and appreciate your comment. Feel free to come back at any time!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Your appeal to ridicule argument is the rope by with you are hanging yourself.

Wow...it took you THAT long to read my retort after your last post huh? Well its funny, I don't feel anything around my neck. There's no squad leading me to a noose. Let me check outside...nope, there's nothing happening, no guys with white hoods or angry mobs.

I guess I'll go with the notion that I was the one hanging you, or maybe you were hanging yourself by such a silly little statement that you ignorantly made while attempting an attack. You should probably play chess more often. That way you know how to place your pieces, especially during a debate based off of OPINION. So far, you aren't doing yourself, or your fellow skeptics, any justice. I'd hang this one up, because things are looking worse and worse for you.

Oh, and to stay ON TOPIC, which you clearly are not (don't worry, I won't call the mods like you did) Skepticism needs to be looked at with a SKEPTICAL eye. You're on this thread trying to prove your opinion to be correct against someone who has a bit more common sense than you're apparently used to. I won't fall for the attacks, I won't fall for the challenges, and refuse to entertain the shots to the ego. So, in essence, all of your ammunition is, for a lack of a better term, USELESS. Skepticism seems to be your limitation. Try opening your mind a bit. It needs the air.

By the way...I wish you a pleasant ad hominem!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What else is it other than a lie to post a video in which Edgar Mitchell says that he believes alien life has visits the Earth and then in the next to say “I never said, nor did any of the astronauts that extra-terrestrials are visiting earth. To my knowledge, they merely said that they existed.”?

It’s either a lie or it’s sheer stupidity. Do you deny that this is what Edgar Mitchell claims in that video? Do you deny that you said that? Or are you going to post something completely irrelevant to try and avoid the clear fact that you are nothing but a troll.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Does this mean you are skeptical about yourself? And that you are skeptical about being skeptical about yourself? And therefore skeptical about yourself being skeptical about yourself being skeptical about yourself? And so forth?

I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Moderator-Note:

From this point forward, personal attacks (ad hominem) will be deleted with point deduction. That goes for both sides of the debate. Keep it nice and civil folks.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join