It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics who are skeptical just to maintain skepticism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

The incident that made me believe in UFO's is off topic. Therefore it is irrelevant and against ATS regulations.

However, I'll tell you what I just told another poster.

There is a point to this thread which you cannot see, taste, or sense. The reason why I know that you don't know the point to this thread is the way that you consistently respond. I'm pretty sure it went like that anyway.

As a matter of fact, I pretty much told you the point to this thread in my last post to you. Read it carefully because its working to the very T. If you claim to be a skeptic, that's fine. But, you're acting more like a debunker. You might want to check out that flow chart again.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
I've went around many of these UFO rooms and conspiracy boards just to count the number of skeptics who maintain their ignorant little box of reality. I'd love to say that there's some originality in what they are doing, however, it all begins to equate to the same nonsense spewed from the mouths of the WEAK who insist on maintaining and controlling the perceptions of others.

Personally, I think its healthy to keep a skeptical mind when dealing with information that could easily be fabricated. However, when idiots like these troll the boards and put into question the experience, research, and hard work of people who have developed a lifetime of credibility (Buzz Aldrin, Edgar Mitchell, former Presidents, politicians, countless numbers of pilots, police officers, military personnel) then I have to question the credibility of the FOOLS who believe that they are qualified to debunk the evolutionary pioneers of our society.

Tell me...Who is going to have enough credibility for you people to finally accept that there are things going on that you are not aware of? Modern society hasn't been around that long. We, as an entire civilization, barely know (or don't know at all) what resides on the floors of our oceans because of pressure, and yet, THESE SELF MADE GENIUSES BELIEVE THAT THEY CAN POSTULATE AND DETERMINE WHAT DOES, OR DOES NOT EXIST IN THE INFINITY OF THE UNIVERSE. Do yourselves a favor and quit pretending like God has granted you intelligence that supersedes the rest of us mere mortals.

Not that long ago, when the world was supposedly FLAT, people defended that theory to the point where it jeopardized the lives of scientists looking to prove it wrong. It was the skeptics that held on for so long, because it threatened the integrity of Religion and control, that caused many deaths and created ridicule for those who sought to look outside of the box.

TO THE SKEPTICS, IF YOU WANT TO STUNT YOUR OWN GROWTH, BY ALL MEANS...CONTINUE ON YOUR PATH. BUT DON'T UNDERMINE THE EVOLUTION OF OTHERS BECAUSE YOUR PATHETIC IDEA OF REALITY IS DETERMINED BY YOUR OWN LIMITED AND OUTDATED KNOWLEDGE.

And believe me, many of the BELIEVERS out there are aware that there are people fabricating information just to get attention. We're not all sold on the idea that everything that flies in the sky is of an extra-terrestrial origin. The only people that you are protecting with your little attempts to debunk every situation is yourselves. In the end, you're only defending your OWN predisposed ideas as if there was never anything new that could be offered.

Its funny, because this quote comes directly from the movie THE MATRIX.

MANY ARE SO HOPELESSLY DEPENDENT ON THE SYSTEM THAT THEY WILL FIGHT TO PROTECT IT.

That's just a little bit of homegrown wisdom from Hollywood, and it sounds hauntingly like every self made expert/keyboard warrior/skeptic on ATS.

In the end...you have nothing to gain by destroying the ideas, beliefs, and dreams of others. You're actually only hurting yourselves.

Ok, beyond quoting any Keeanu Reeve's films, can you explain why the non believers are "WEAK, FOOLS, SELF MADE GENIUSES, GROWTH STUNTED, LIMITED, PATHETIC IDEALISTS? Beyond everything you've written, have you anything to back it up other than that? Or are you going to go to the well again and tell me I didnt read the thread and call me a skeptic? I'm asking you for some of what makes you you. You should share your profound knowledge. It must be profound since you instantly belittled others in the opening statement. Where's the foundation to the insults? What makes you so right beyond faith? That's a fair question.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

You haven’t answered either of my questions. Why not?

I really would like an answer to the second because your whole position hinges on it.

I’ll let the nonsense about witness testimony being an area of forensics go (CSI? Really?) but I really would like you to answer that question.

What did you mean when you said;

when idiots like these troll the boards and put into question the experience, research, and hard work of people who have developed a lifetime of credibility (Buzz Aldrin, Edgar Mitchell, former Presidents, politicians, countless numbers of pilots, police officers, military personnel) then I have to question the credibility of the FOOLS

Who is going to have enough credibility for you people to finally accept that there are things going on that you are not aware of?

What does that mean if not “I believe what these people claim”?

Do you believe aliens are visiting the Earth or not? It’s a very simple question.

My position??? LOL!!! Who declared a position? I want one!!! Tell me, what was that position again?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Okay...I'll be brief without using too much technical jargon. Because...its my opinion. LOL.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Well guys...gotta go for the evening. That will give you plenty of time to think of something that will challenge me and force me to relent "MY POSITION"

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

OK Im an ignorant moron who doesnt understand your thread. You started it with a vehement attitude toward others who oppose you, and rather than grow with a a discussion you folded your arms like a child, showed no evidence and ended it by telling me I do not understand the point of the thread. All the while avoiding questions I presented to you. Good job. Welcome to ATS

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

He's just the ATS version of "Dial an Argument".

You won't get any sense out of him.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

My position??? LOL!!! Who declared a position? I want one!!! Tell me, what was that position again?

That doesn’t answer my question. Can you answer it?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL:
Let's keep the discussion CIVIL and ON TOPIC, please.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
ATTENTION ALL:
Let's keep the discussion CIVIL and ON TOPIC, please.

The moderator actually read my mind.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

OK Im an ignorant moron who doesnt understand your thread. You started it with a vehement attitude toward others who oppose you, and rather than grow with a a discussion you folded your arms like a child, showed no evidence and ended it by telling me I do not understand the point of the thread. All the while avoiding questions I presented to you. Good job. Welcome to ATS

Yes...I folded my arms and pouted like a child. Then I called my mother and asked for her unconditional support. I must admit, I shed many tears when I realized that I was defeated by your superior logic and questioning.

Oh yeah...as for the evidence. Lets not leave that out. When one presents an opinion, it is merely just that. I made a blanket statement with one opinion after the next of which you can choose to respond or not. However, one only presents evidence when they are embarking on a hypothesis to eventually turn it into a theory. That is a part of the scientific process. Opinions or "faith" (such an ugly word) needs absolutely nothing to back its foundation.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I'm still waiting to hear what my position was. If you're referring to my disdain of silly attacks against people of credibility, then, my position is as such. If you need proof of my position on people making silly attacks, read my original post. I think that about covers it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
reply to post by spinalremain

He's just the ATS version of "Dial an Argument".

You won't get any sense out of him.

God I love this guy. I wish I could take a picture of him and hang it above my mantle.

The dial an argument thing was good. And probably marketable.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

You haven’t answered either of my questions. Why not?

I really would like an answer to the second because your whole position hinges on it.

I’ll let the nonsense about witness testimony being an area of forensics go (CSI? Really?) but I really would like you to answer that question.

What did you mean when you said;

when idiots like these troll the boards and put into question the experience, research, and hard work of people who have developed a lifetime of credibility (Buzz Aldrin, Edgar Mitchell, former Presidents, politicians, countless numbers of pilots, police officers, military personnel) then I have to question the credibility of the FOOLS

Who is going to have enough credibility for you people to finally accept that there are things going on that you are not aware of?

What does that mean if not “I believe what these people claim”?

Do you believe aliens are visiting the Earth or not? It’s a very simple question.

Hmmm...what did I mean when I commented about idiots trolling boards and questioning people of credibility?

1. Wow. I think that statement speaks for itself. I thought it was pretty cut and dry. If you cannot find the meaning in that statement then this process will be long and painful to you.

2. So you're asking me whether I believe what these people claim? I will say this. I would believe Buzz Aldrin's version of reality versus some guy on the street who claims abduction. Both may be correct, but, Buzz's opinion is probably the far more credible one.

3. And now you want to know whether I believe aliens are visiting earth? Actually, how is that related to the topic? This topic is about skeptics, or, more to the point, debunkers who blindly attack people of credibility. My belief or disbelief in aliens and their relationship to this planet is irrelevant to the point. So, I choose to stay within the confines of the topic as opposed to risk repercussions by ATS.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Orion65

Thank you for your post. Excellently stated.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Good post. I thought it defined things quite well.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So you're asking me whether I believe what these people claim? I will say this. I would believe Buzz Aldrin's version of reality versus some guy on the street who claims abduction. Both may be correct, but, Buzz's opinion is probably the far more credible one.

Can you just provide a straight answer, yes or no?

And now you want to know whether I believe aliens are visiting earth? Actually, how is that related to the topic?

Because that is what Edgar Mitchell claims, if you reject that claim then you are guilty of the very thing that you are attacking others for. It has everything to do with the topic. Moreover it will finally put to rest what you do and do not believe so that we may get back to the original line of discussion regarding the value of the evidence that such people represent without you constantly filibustering and throwing up straw man arguments about what you DON’T believe. So please, answer the question.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

My big question is, if the case is so overwhelmingly proven as you argue then how come you are not going over that information instead of spending time in silly whine rants about the short fallings of those that disagree? These ad hom *attacking the people who disagree instead of concentrating on the information is ad hom* threads are getting old. Quick. I mean I believe aliens are here as well but with all this silliness I am starting to wonder how much is it my want to believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

If the believers and debunkers could actually get along, then we'd
not only have the scientific approach to finding new ideas,
but, we'd also have the people who push to promote
many of those new ideas and bring them to the mainstream.

There are many smart people on these boards who choose to utilize
their talents for the wrong things. A common goal is necessary
to push our evolutionary thought processes to new heights

Consider that when you are posting on boards and you see nothing
but attacks flying back and fourth. Maybe the skeptics should do their best
to expose the debunkers for whom they are to keep YOU from getting
a bad name.

You might want to entertain that thought.

Good points there.

Has anyone noticed?

The gathering.

It is astounding to watch debunkers/naysayers gather in this thread
like flies on a turd.

Don't the debunkers/naysayers have the logic to realize
they are indeed actively providing the "supporting evidence"
to the points made here by OP and others?

Well done to all!

What's up with the strange notion that new ATS members would be
inexperienced dumb-asses when it comes to the complications
of "forum-Life"?

There is a real world outside of ATS.

The ATS board is not about the ATS board, nor about it's members.

I'll have to bring a band of yes-men first,
before I would be able to establish credibility on ATS?

Does this actually mean, I'll have to get myself a brown tongue first,
which will cash in by a rain of stars and flags?

Or need I simply start throwing with turds and join
the debunker crowd to become a respected member?

Like always, the debunker/naysayer has a problem staying on topic.

P.S.:

I only registered here recently,
therefore I am a loser without friends.

Wanna be my first friend here?
I'll make you mine, if you make me yours??

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

That is another tactic employed by this drive-by member. When asked direct questions they outright refuse to answer. Instead, he refuses to acknowledge answers you have provided (for example, if he asks you why you think 2 + 2 answers 5 and you respond that you don't, it's 4, he'll repeat the accusation and say you haven't answered) and continues engaging in ad hominem after ad hominem.

Don't engage him in his behavior. He does nothing to help our understanding of this phenomenon. Everyone just comes out smelling like the BS he peddles.

MODS:

Right below the reply and preview buttons it reads:

(Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)

EvolvedMinistry has done this repeatedly; minimal posts stating nothing other than he agrees. Why is he allowed to do this?

[edit on 25-7-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join