It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
www.mactonnies.com...

Link to photos

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
(NASA/NSA shaking heads in disbelief!) HAHAHA let that one slip did you Buzz? Did you see the reaction of the guy just off camera when Buzz started going into the subject? You could feel the tension and Buzz catches his (disapproving) eye...like "Shut the hell up already!"

I'm a little interested what others think about the obvious obscuration of traveling to Mars instead of back to the moon...better stuff there?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by John Matrix

...looks like a man in a space suit lying face down?

Based on the known resolution capability of the camera on the craft taking the picture, then I guess your "man in a space suit" would have to be the size of a mountain!!

We can calculate its size (approximatlely, of course) and see if it matches the original caption of the image:

NEAR image of the day for 2000 May 3
AKA
The View from Low Orbit

This image of Eros, taken from the NEAR Shoemaker spacecraft on May 1, 2000, is among the first to be returned from "low orbit." Between May and August, the spacecraft will orbit at altitudes near 50 kilometers (31 miles) or less. This will be the prime period of activity for some of the spacecraft's science instruments. The X-ray / gamma-ray spectrometer will build up maps of chemical abundances, while the laser rangefinder measures the shape of Eros to within meters (a few feet). At the same time the magnetometer will watch for indications of Eros' magnetic field and the near-infrared spectrometer will map rock types.

The imager will take pictures of the entire surface of Eros that capture features as small as 4 meters (13 feet) across. This particular image, taken from an orbital altitude of 53 kilometers (33 miles), shows a scene about 1.8 kilometers (1.1 miles) across. Numerous craters and boulders as small as 8 meters (26 feet) across dot the landscape. The large, rectangular boulder at the upper right is 45 meters (148 feet) across.

near.jhuapl.edu...
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I'd say between 30 and 40meters across (between 98 and 131 feet).

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I know exactly what's on the moons of Mars. I've known since at least 1993.

Phobos and Deimos

Seems like a hell of a place to visit.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Haha, great!
So Buzz wants us to fight the demons!
Let me charge my BFG9000...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I love that after he says "who put that there" twice, it's almost like he realizes that he's talking about something he's not supposed to and then he tries to cover up by saying the universe or god put that there. I've done the same thing when talking to my girlfriend. I'll have a neat story I want to tell her and I get all excited abouut it and then remember that it's about my Ex but I only remember as I'm saying it, then I instantly try and change the story as if nothing is wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MakeSoap

Of course. Besides, if it was really put there "by the Universe", what would be the interest?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
I think Buzz might be starting to get a little old. It's possible he just let a top secret fact slip out, the expression on his face right after he said it (During the brief but noticeable pause) was one of someone who is trying to come up with a quick save in a conversation, then he says the universe or god put it there or whoever.

It's possible he just said something he shouldn't have said.

Yeah, I kind of agree. I think Buzz Aldrin knows A LOT more than he's willing to admit.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Great find.

Starred and flagged.

Now heading off to research this some more.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I agree buzz knows more than he's letting on,hints here & there keep us guessing,i think something is waiting to be found on the moon but we won't find out unless we go there ourselves,NASA isn't going to show us anything.

he probably thinks,oh my i'm in trouble now

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
redacted

[edit on 23-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk

he probably thinks,oh my i'm in trouble now

I really don't think Buzz Aldrin believes he is in trouble because he mentioned the large structure on Phobos. But he is probably very happy that more people (and especially the conspiracy theorists!) will now become more interested in Mars and it's moons.

Mars Global Surveyor photographed the "monolith" and other structures on Phobos back in August 1998, and the images have been available to the public for many years. So the excistance of this structure has not really been a big secret...

Mars Global Surveyor images here:
marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...

More images of Phobos:
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Whaaa????

Okie dokey then. Thanks Buzz for letting that one slip. Who put that monolith there? well if you don't believe in Aliens then you can say good old God did it!

Nah, he can't mean what he said...

can he?

Star and Flag for you OP.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Spencer Tracy

Hi, The interview lasts over an hour, the clip is just a taster/teaser for the full video from Cspan, which is now on sale.

www.c-spanarchives.org...

It does say "Live interview" on the screen though, so maybe someone has it taped.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sounded like he almost let the cat out of the bag when he said visit the moon.........of mars

Sounded like he was winging it after that

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Originally posted by Helmkat

Who put that monolith there? well if you don't believe in Aliens then you can say good old God did it!

Ermmmm....Okey dokey, maybe good ole' Buzz was just talking about it like it was some sort of natural occurence.

Unless you think Aliens put THIS in Wyoming?

[edit on 23 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Weedwhacker... I saw striations like that while recently drifting down the Deschutes in Oregon... Any idea how those are formed?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Originally posted by Helmkat

Who put that monolith there? well if you don't believe in Aliens then you can say good old God did it!

Ermmmm....Okey dokey, maybe good ole' Buzz was just talking about it like it was some sort of natural occurence.

Unless you think Aliens put THIS in Wyoming?

[edit on 23 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

Hey , isn't that the mountain from Close Encounters of Third Kind?

Seriously though, Wheedwacker, he does seem to be speaking kind of strangely, doesn't he? You can can agree with that can't you? One usually doesn't refer to a mountain as a monolith.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
In geological terminology the word structure means a natural formation. Aldrin, having been trained in geology as preparation for his Apollo mission, is using the word in that sense.

His statement "Who put that there?" is referring to those who would like to believe that it is an artificial construct. In saying "The universe put it there. If you chose, God put it there.", he is saying it's a natural formation, not a made thing.

He is in no way saying it is artificial.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Any idea how those are formed?

That is Devil's Tower National Monument ( kinda pretentious, calling it a "national' monument!
) and if my memory is correct, it was an ancient volcanic cinder cone (very large cinder cone) that has eroded away, all except the hardened magma (I love that word --- magma, makes me think of Dr. Evil...)

Here, let's see what Wiki says:

...Geologists agree that Devils Tower was formed by the intrusion of igneous material. What they cannot agree upon is how, exactly, that process took place. Geologists Carpenter and Russell studied Devils Tower in the late 1800s and came to the conclusion that the Tower was indeed formed by an igneous intrusion. Later geologists searched for further explanations. Several geologists believe the molten rock comprising the Tower might not have surfaced; other researchers are convinced the tower is all that remains of what once was a large explosive volcano.

In 1907, scientists Darton and O'Hara decided that Devils Tower must be an eroded remnant of a laccolith. A laccolith is a large mass of igneous rock which is intruded through sedimentary rock beds but does not actually reach the surface, producing a rounded bulge in the sedimentary layers above. This theory was quite popular in the early 1900s since numerous studies had earlier been done on a number of laccoliths in the Southwest....

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, on Phobos the structure of that anomaly is not likely to be of igneous origin. Sure is interesting, though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join