It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli official: US should honor past deals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Israeli official: US should honor past deals

www.google.com

JERUSALEM — Israel's deputy prime minister said Tuesday that U.S. calls for a freeze on West Bank settlement construction run counter to past agreements between the two nations and could undermine U.S. credibility.

The comments by Dan Meridor underscored the growing rift between Israel and the U.S. over construction in the settlements. Meridor, a respected veteran of Israeli politics, is considered a moderate voice in the new Israeli government.

President Barack Obama has urged Israel to halt all settlement construction as a confidence-building move to restart stalled peace negotiatio
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Oh dear! Are Israel going to lose their biggest ally and probably NATO support?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We can only hope, but I am not holding my breath.

As much as I would like to see Israel kicked to the curb by the US, the current admin is likely to maintain the alliance, if perhaps keeping the Israelis more at arms length.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Agreed.

Although Israel is an Allie and we have supported them in the past their actions of late only proves they have their own agenda and they are willing to do what is necessary to accomplish it no matter who gets in their way.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Please pardon my extream ignorance, but could anyone tell me why Israel is so important to the US? I get that they are a democratic nation. I get that they are an ally in the middle east. But why would we go to such measures to make sure they are our buddies?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The US's credibility in the eyes of the world has been destroyed because of it's association with Israel

The respect with which the US and Americans generally were once regarded has been decimated because of its association with Israel

American's distrust of their own politicians has increased immeasurably because of what is believed to be Israel's interference and parasitic grasp

America's reputation has been destroyed because of its association with Israel

America's economy has been destroyed

America's standards have fallen through the floor -- witness the lies and garbage which pass for 'news', tv and movie content

America's future, once so promising, now lies in ashes

How much longer can the US afford Israel ?

How much longer will Americans tolerate Israel's interference and dummy spits, whining, grasping, destruction, threats and insolence ?

Maybe the answer is, 'not much longer. Not a moment longer in fact'

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ever had a friend, or an in law who sponges? They come over and eat your food, drink your libations, bask in the protection of your home, yet never say so much as thank you. Then you find out they complain that since you didn't do it every day, you mistreated them.
I am not an anti semite. Not at all. But Israel as a whole is beginning to truly show what a shallow, self centered 'Nation' it is.
A spoiled child can yell and scream all they want, but punishment is mandatory to fix a growing problem. A smack in the butt sometimes is needed.
Israel is a problem, and it is escalating. Israel complains constantly that they 'DESERVE' more. If it weren't for the US Israel would have been wiped out a decade ago. They have no problem sending spies into the US to steal from America. Then they build a wall. They attack without hesitation and act like martyrs when they are questioned.
Again I have nothing against our Jewish friends. I do however have a real problem with Israel.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well, isn't it a "little" harsh..
Israel is a democracy - as you noted. There is a right wing coalition and Obama asks for it to step down basicaly. There would be no coalition week after Israel agrees to it, even if current PM wanted it to happen. Not that this matters, it is not the first time US pressures Israel and eventually despite all the poses Israel always caved. I foresee the same in the not-so-distant future. Obama would use all his tools to promote his peace plan, i just hope that it would not go awfully wrong for both sides (Israel and Palestinians). Rushing things to certain date in area where people are used to saying that nothing is more permanent then temporary situation can backfire.
And as for Israel as a liability to US, with its bases in Iraq and Saudi Arabia there is no real need in Israel as such close ally anymore so i expect things to change in this department too. And i think that it is in best interests of both countries. Loosing such a generous US aid would mean that Israel once again would count on itself and would be much less succeptible to pressure against its own interests.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
A little rich coming from Israel expecting America to honor any deals, considering Israel has never honored any UN resolution in the past 50 years

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
A little rich coming from Israel expecting America to honor any deals, considering Israel has never honored any UN resolution in the past 50 years

LOL, good point.

Their day of reckoning will soon be upon us.

However, I believe they want it, as their scriptures indicate that the world will be against israel, and it seems like they are doing everything in their power to ensure their prophecies come true!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
insolence is the exact word I would have used for the country of isreal. Arrogance, deception, never my fault mentality.

They would really have NOTHING if it weren't for the US. in fact they would have been eliminated by the local population. something they often provocate on themselves. Then they cry to us for help, money and asylum. so it's OK for the bully on the playground to smack some other kids and then go run behind the teacher and make up some disingenuous accusation. thats complete spoiled brat mentality coupled with a desire to manipulate everybody. Think about it. for 5000 years they haven't been able to live peacefully with ANYBODY. They got kicked out of sumeria. kick out of babalon, kicked out of assyria, left their own "homeland" by their own volition, kicked out of egypt, kicked out of europe and now they are pissing off their ONLY allies in the US and may get ostricized internationally y the USA.. thats stupid. period, full stop end of story.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Can you refresh my memory about kicked out of Sumeria and Babalonia (whatever it is)? Also, since we left our home by our own will, this does not constitue as being kicked out, no does it? You forgot to add that we are not real we but Khazars and then the point would be even more clear.
Can you name a nation that lived more then 500 years at peace, not 5000? Or can you name me any nation that was kicked (or left their own homeland of their own volition) or was conquered and kept their national identity for 2000 years, then some conclusions could be made.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
yeah they were kicked out of sumeria. (iraq) thousands of years ago. they left "iseal" because they themselves even thought the land was worthless, which is why 50% of their population went on to egypt.

The very simple point is the zionists never learned how to play well with others in the sand box. Them getting kicked out of every country they've tried to establish a serious presence in is because they don't play well with others.

Look if you had a home and some annoying brat of a kid came over to play with your kids and was a total ass the entire time to the point that all the other kids are complaining. being verbally abusive, calling the other kids subhuman dogs, claiming that they are better than you because they are special to their god etc...you usually don't invite the kid back over, sometimes you even say enough is enough time to leave and you kick them out. I think it has to do with respecting other peoples stuff, or the lack there of which has done wonders for their international acclaim (or lack there of)

Also, do some history (that hasn't been fabricated by isreal) and you will see that the isrealies in isreal are not the same isrealies as the ones that lived there thousands of years ago. so in fact they have not kept a distinct continuous lineage culturally. they've changed as much as anybody else over the millenia.

Most other great nations (funny you assume isreal is on the same league as the greeks, romans, chinese, persians, UK, and the USA They are not.) fall due to the hange of times or economics, not because every bordering nation conspires to get them out of their back yard. Hell sometimes their even in your ack yard illegally and won't leave or respect you. thats cause they don't respect others. THats what kept them in trouble over the millenia. they like to hype themselves up over there in isreal to believe that they are gods gift to the world. funny 5 billion other people disagree. lie to yourself enough and you'll believe the lie.

But don't take my word for it. the head of social affairs over at televiv collage even has come out and said that they have as a nation fabricated much of their own history. He works for isreal.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I want to tell you a secret - i live in Israel. Really. And i am certainly not a professor in Tel Aviv university, but i can assure you that your Sumeria (and Babalonia) info is wrong.
And as for other civilizations (that are are surely out of the league - since they no longer exist
) - they had a lot of wars with their neighbours. They considered themself better then others (too.) Familiar with term - barbarian?
By the way, cultural identity thing - i can read (and for most part understand) what was written in my language 2000 years ago. Can you?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
your hopeless. go look up those other countries. just because the zionist isrealie state controlled education system taught you something different from the way the rest of the world remembers it. remember repeat a lie enough and soon you accept it as history.

Probably part of that New IDF internet bullying scheme to get people to not discuss or disclose the truth of what is going on over there.
I don't blame you too much though. But self preservation is a priority in life even for something much akin to the grendle.

also what kind of screwed up education do you have if you said your self you haven't a clue as to who sumeria and assyia and akkadia, and babylon were. they were your neighbors. they did have some of the most powerful empires in history, one even had the first empire in history. Oh I forgot history in isreal starts in the 1940's. there was nobody of importance before that except the land of isreal. a speck at the time in most of the worlds cultural and political affairs.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It seems Israel is removing some settlements after all. They are reasonable and will avoid a fight if necessary by voluntarily leaving. And they did this a few years back removing settlements.

Israel to demolish 23 illegal settlements in one day

Israel is planning to remove 23 "illegal outposts" from the West Bank in the course of a single day in response to mounting US demands that it halt all settlement activity, it was reported today.

It seems the US still wants more settlements removed though.

Tensions have flared in recent days since Netanyahu said the US had no right to demand that Israel halt plans to develop 20 apartments in the East Jerusalem neighbourhood of Sheikh Jarrah. On Monday, campaigners protesting at the planned eviction of Palestinian families to make way for it appealed to Obama to stop the settlement.

Oh and even France, Sweden Britain are saying the same....

France's foreign minister, Bernard Kouchner, meanwhile summoned the Israeli ambassador to Paris to complain about Jewish settlements. "These activities must be stopped," warned Kouchner, "otherwise there will be no chance to found an independent Palestinian state that administers itself and also guarantees Israel's security."

Britain's foreign office minister, Ivan Lewis, told MPs: "Israel should freeze all settlement activity, including the natural growth of existing settlements, and dismantle all outposts erected since March 2001."

Sweden, current president of the EU, also urged Israel "to refrain from provocative actions in East Jerusalem, including home demolitions and evictions." It added: "Such actions are illegal under international law."

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
your hopeless. go look up those other countries. just because the zionist isrealie state controlled education system taught you something different from the way the rest of the world remembers it. remember repeat a lie enough and soon you accept it as history.

Probably part of that New IDF internet bullying scheme to get people to not discuss or disclose the truth of what is going on over there.
I don't blame you too much though. But self preservation is a priority in life even for something much akin to the grendle.

also what kind of screwed up education do you have if you said your self you haven't a clue as to who sumeria and assyia and akkadia, and babylon were. they were your neighbors. they did have some of the most powerful empires in history, one even had the first empire in history. Oh I forgot history in isreal starts in the 1940's. there was nobody of importance before that except the land of isreal. a speck at the time in most of the worlds cultural and political affairs.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by BASSPLYR]

I don't know the history of Israel, but could you at least provide a source to back that up. If you're correct, it shouldn't be too difficult to find. I say this because you're trying to derail the thread with an attack on someone else.

Please provide evidence to confirm, otherwise don't throw insults around please.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yes,blame Zionist education. Show me then where in non-Zionist history Jews were forced out of Sumeria and Babylon (Or Akkadian empire or Assyria). Aka - prove me wrong and beat IDF!
Hint - check for time line and history. Or it all does not matter and you simply pile up all the negative stuff without any proof, just for cause?

new topics

top topics

join