It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Apophis Will Hit Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just go with it.

Apophis is an asteroid that has about a 1 in 45000 chance of hitting Earth in 2029 or 2036. Near Earth Object Program Earth Impact Risk Summary

Apophis' designation is 99942 Apophis.

I know how you all love numbers. That 999 has got to capture SOME attention, right?

Apophis was an Egyptian demon of darkness and chaos (Apep Wiki) and the opponent of the Sun.

You know that 999 is just begging to be inverted.

99942 inverted would be an inverted 2 and inverted 4 and then 666.

This could be 666 (you know that one already), and then I had to snoop about and see what symbols/character/numerals make the most possible sense of an inverted 2 and 4.

In Arabic has two letters which look very much similar to the inverted 2 and 4. Read Right to Left (as they would be in Arabic) those two letters would make the world "Taa' Haa'"

Taa Haa is an AKA for the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam. Who advocated that Jihad is the use of force - physical - to remove obstacles to bringing Islam to people.

Got some suggestions for characters that fit the inverted 2 and 4 (don't forget that it can be written closed for shut at the top of the four)?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sure wish I didnt read your thread, because one of my worst fears is an astreoid hitting earth. Oh how will I sleep tonight!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry but, isn't 666 a 'title' given to Nero.

Not a future antichrist.

I'm just kind of tired of people looking for 666 everywhere. Trust me with all the publicity for it, it would be foolish for someone to seemingly meanlessly put it somewhere.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I thought it was agreed that "666" as the mark of the beast was an incorrect translation from the bible ?

You know, that 99942 could just be 99942 without a need to invert it

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Sure wish I didnt read your thread, because one of my worst fears is an astreoid hitting earth. Oh how will I sleep tonight!

Well, you got 10 years to not sleep over it

I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Also to the OP, the title is a bit misleading. A chance of it like that, doesn't call for a seemingly inevitably hit.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Apophis was associated to natural disasters and other frightening events. Earth quakes, eclipses, storms and other natural threats.

Apophis is a serpent.

Apophis was thought to have a rock head made of flint. The Asteroid is a LL chondrite. (Just saying, don't know if this is a valid potential link).

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
I thought it was agreed that "666" as the mark of the beast was an incorrect translation from the bible ?

You know, that 99942 could just be 99942 without a need to invert it

Of course it could.

Then again, if you name something Apophis and say that it is going to graze the Earth AND you include something that will so obviously tickle people in any Judeo-Christian associated society like a 999....well you're begging for people to look a bit closer aren't you?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
1 in 45000 is about the same odds as your odds of being robbed as a convenience store clerk.

link   
I've always thought 2029-36 would be around the time for the arrival of the apocalypse simply based on it being almost exactly 2000 years after the Christ ascended or left the earth. But of course it is speculation, so it might happen, it might not happen. 20 years is plenty of time until then.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

Only if your irrational thoughts & feelings allow you to be tickled to look closer.

And they haven't said it IS going to hit Earth, they have said there's a 1 in 45000 chance of hitting Earth, which leaves another 44,999 rolls of the dice that it won't.

And whoever found this object gave it its name, do you not think they could have just done it for the lulz ?

Oh and 999 is the number for the emergency services over here in the UK, my point ? it's just a trio of 9's and nothing to do with satanity or the "alleged" mark of the beast.

But hey, people make connections from all sorts of wonderous and bizarres things so I'm not really suprised, just trying to bring some logic to the table is all before the alarmist "the end is night yet again" zombies come feast upon your thread

[edit on 20/7/09 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Don't forget Apophis was also the main villian, and major thorn in the side of, Stargate SG-1.

AND, isn't the date of the flyby supposed to be April 13th... a Friday?

[edit: spelling]

[edit on 2009/7/20 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You think that government and science based services that track potentially problematic near earth objects would name something alarmist for LULZ?

I'm thinking that if that were so, they would rename it pronto. And someone would get their pee-pee slapped really hard.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
reply to post by Aeons

Don't forget Apophis was also the main villian, and major thorn in the side of, Stargate SG-1.

AND, in't the date of the flyby supposed to be April 13th... a Friday?

It is indeed a Friday the 13th. Personally, I always like Fridays on the 13th. But maybe this will change my mind.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I'm sorry but, isn't 666 a 'title' given to Nero.

Not a future antichrist.

I'm just kind of tired of people looking for 666 everywhere. Trust me with all the publicity for it, it would be foolish for someone to seemingly meanlessly put it somewhere.

Associating a name that is a man who was an early persecutor of Christians, warred with the Jews, and was known for his excesses.......

And then also two symbols associated to a Prophet who called for Jihad to spread Islam at all costs.

I'm not sure that makes it better.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I read somewhere that if it hit then it will hit texas!
They calculated somehow the impact place.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Unknown

Texas, California area if it hit in 2029. I don't know that the 2036 impact site (potential) has been looked at.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Unknown

Then the greatest state in the US, will be destroyed.

Oh well, nothing lasts foreover.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

3 words: No It Won't.

That long enough for you, Mods??

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
jess thats my hugest fear to!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm having trouble here with the inverted number thing. Next folks will be saying that the 46664 programs prove Nelson Mandela is the anti-Christ.

As for the asteroid, Texas is a huge state, I doubt anyone will even notice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join