It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neurowarfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
First, the article:

"We are approaching a time when brain science will be critical to our national security. Whether the basis for enhanced human performance or more intelligent machines, the impacts will be broad, motivating innovations in technologies, policies and practices. The prospects are similar to an earlier time ( i.e.- the 19th century) when advances in scientific understanding of the chemistry of explosives revolutionized weaponry, and the ways in which war was conducted. Brain science is poised to incur similarly far-reaching changes. There is need for a coordinated strategy as brain science becomes an increasingly important component of, and the basis for potential threats to, our national security. This strategy should provide a roadmap for translating advances, bolstered by initiatives such as the proposed Decade of the Mind and National Neurotechnology Initiative, to the national security domain. This strategy should also assure safeguards and governance, promoting U.S. leadership in establishing standards for the application of brain science to military, intelligence and other security domains. At the Fourth Decade of the Mind Conference, January 13-15, 2009, four areas were identified wherein national security will be impacted by advances in brain science.

1. Adversarial Application of Brain Science exemplified by: (a) nanoparticles engineered to affect specific brain processes, (b) “super soldiers” created through pharmaceuticals and/or brain stimulation enabling troops to think/react more quickly, exert greater concentration, etc. (c) brain imaging for interrogation/lie detection, and (d) intelligent machines replicating the mechanisms by which humans and other animals perform signal detection, information processing, etc.
2. Expanding the Limits of Human-Machine Systems Performance through technologies overcoming human perceptual and cognitive constraints limiting today’s technological solutions.
3. “Learner Specific” Education and Training - customized to the variable strengths and weaknesses of learners minimizing knowledge acquisition time and maximizing outcomes.
4. Brain Injuries and Disorders - treatments curtailing and reversing brain damage with understanding of mechanisms underlying psychological resilience suggesting techniques for assessing susceptibility, protecting against and treating stress-related pathologies.

It is reasonable to assume other nations have focused research and development on each of these areas. We assert that the U.S. should not engage in compensatory, “catch-up” research programs, as this will be costly to our national security from both an economic and pragmatic perspective. There are few fields that are as rapidly advancing as brain science. Combined with innovations in nanotechnology, genetics, microelectronics, etc., advances in brain science will only accelerate, and it is probable that major breakthroughs relevant to national security are both viable and imminently achievable. Consequently, we argue that there is need for a coordinated, strategic effort to address the ramifications of brain science in the interest of our national security."

brainwaves.corante.com...

Of course with the development of any such new technology ethical and legal concerns have to be addressed ...

For the past several years, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the military research and development agency tasked with maintaining U.S. military technological superiority, has engaged in research on direct neurological control of weapon systems.1 Although international law does not create a per se prohibition on the use of these weapons, the potential misuse of such weapons radically challenges tradi- tional notions of criminal responsibility by effacing the distinction between thought and act. This Note suggests that the development of such weap- ons requires a more expansive doctrine of command responsibility in order not to vitiate established legal principles regarding criminal accountability for war crimes.

www.boingboing.net...

Full paper: Brave New World: Neurowarfare and the Limits of International Humanitarian Law

Does the government care?

A 2005 National Research Council report described a methodology for gauging the implications of new technologies and assessing whether they pose a threat to national security. In this new report, the committee applied the methodology to the neuroscience field and identified several research areas that could be of interest to the intelligence community: neurophysiological advances in detecting and measuring indicators of psychological states and intentions of individuals, the development of drugs or technologies that can alter human physical or cognitive abilities, advances in real-time brain imaging, and breakthroughs in high-performance computing and neuronal modeling that could allow researchers to develop systems which mimic functions of the human brain, particularly the ability to organize disparate forms of data.

Research in these areas is progressing rapidly both nationally and internationally within the private, government, and academic sectors. Technologies such as brain imaging and cognitive or physical enhancers are important to the health industry and desired by the public; such forces act as strong market incentives for development.

NATIONAL SECURITY INTELLIGENCE ORGANIZATIONS SHOULD MONITOR ADVANCES
IN COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE RESEARCH

In the above report ...

The committee's report, "Emerging Cognitive Neuroscience and Related Technologies," was released yesterday, highlighting some emerging possibilities including pharmacological landmines, lie detection, mind reading, cognitive enhancement and more.

What are "pharmacological landmines" I hear you ask.

Landmines releasing brain-altering chemicals, scanners reading soldiers' minds and devices boosting eyesight and hearing could all one figure in arsenals, suggests the study.

I find all this stuff to be highly interesting but so very scary.

Neurowarfare, as many ATSers are aware of is nothing new. But so far was buried in secrecy, times are changing and it looks like the US government is getting their ducks in a row to make it a widespread reality.

And so it goes ...

[edit on 21 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the post! That was a heavy read I'm still trying to digest it all.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That's not the half of it. Using electromagnetics, you can actually give a person a dreaded disease. No contact necessary, and this was already proven by a Russian scientist, though I can't recall his name right now.

Think about it. You can imbed a disease in an electromagnetic wave, and create inside a person/s a disease.

Never even have to get close to them.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Consider the phenomenon of psychosomatic self perception and then consider that the basic use of pyschological posturing and semi-subliminal communication can do for the 'creation' of a disease...

If eastern Monks can effect their heart rate and control their physiological chi then perhaps it is possible for a CIA monk to exert that control for someone else...

In my opinion, if MK-ULTRA was an era for the application of chemicals into the human body for the observing of hypnotic inclination and subversion so as to categorize the effects of the chemicals they had and determine which needed to be cultivated et cetera than maybe there is a time to determine the viability of remote hypnosis.

As hypnosis is the term that constitutes conscious interaction with the subconscious than I think it is safe to assume (fairly safe) that hypnosis is where it is at...remote transmissions and the entrainment of brain waves would only compliment vocal inflections....

My opinion. Perhaps bourne of experience...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I saw, used, and tested a device once that could reverse a disease, either infectuous or degenerative. Took one week, and the condition was reversed.

Even on injuries, it was phenomenal. A shattered, and I mean shattered elbow of an elderly woman was completely healed and better than the other elbow inside of two weeks.

Why would this not be released?

They explained: that which can heal, can kill. This can be weaponized in a moment, kill from a long distance, or instead of eliminated a disease electromagnetically, create disease electromagnetically. We'll have no part of that."

And they destroyed it.

Enough to make you sick.

The destruction that is.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

There are many views and scientific opinions about dolphins therapeutic effects on people. High frequency sounds called sonar or echolocation is emitted from the dolphin's forehead or melon. The sound bounces off objects and returns back to the dolphin like echoes. The echoes tell them information about the object. They scan the object similarly to an ultrasound used in the medical field. Source

Or ultrasounds scan humans similarly to how a dolphin uses sonar to communicate...

Dolphins have been shown to use sonar, or sound, in such a precise way that they can get an accurate perception of the physiological construct of another individual (dolphin, fish, human et cetera)...they have also been shown to be able to effect the physiological individual (they can stun/kill fish with sound) and as well use other frequencies that positively effect...

So I believe you...and there are a ton of links on dolphin capacity; not old information...

Edit to add...They may have destroyed your version but I doubt it is completly destroyed as some medical tech is based upon it. Would you be interested in divulging some more specifics on your experience?

[edit on Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:00:56 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I was told I could use it, but could never tell where it came from nor that it existed, but that close friends and family who likewise agreed, could use it.

My dad's retina was detaching every week, and he was suffering from advanced macular degeneration. I let him use it, and no more detached retina, and he could even read again.

One bad smoker's hack cleared up, one leukemia, one lung cancer, one severe back injury, and then we ran out of things wrong with the people I knew.

Benefit and harm are interchangeable.

This was too advanced and powerful to become weaponized.

Thus, it's destruction.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
NATIONAL SECURITY INTELLIGENCE ORGANIZATIONS SHOULD MONITOR ADVANCES
IN COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE RESEARCH

In the above report ...

The committee's report, "Emerging Cognitive Neuroscience and Related Technologies," was released yesterday, highlighting some emerging possibilities including pharmacological landmines, lie detection, mind reading, cognitive enhancement and more.

To re-visit the original post as this thread kind of was side barred...
...I would like to say that the implication of a report such as the above is more than interesting.

First, it was released about a year ago and MK-ULTRA (I hate to sound like a broken record with MK-ULTRA but it is very strong evidence) proves that the intelligence community has already put there interests in these fields. As well, it potentially suggests that these same intelligence communities either don't communicate very well (no suprise there) or that they do release red herrings suggestive of ignorance on the topic for public consumption (domestic psy-ops, which isn't a stretch in my opinion).

As well, it could be an official recognition that the private sector may be beginning to outpace national intelligence (one that is hard to believe but is still possible).

In this new report, the committee applied the methodology to the neuroscience field and identified several research areas that could be of interest to the intelligence community: neurophysiological advances in detecting and measuring indicators of psychological states and intentions of individuals, the development of drugs or technologies that can alter human physical or cognitive abilities, advances in real-time brain imaging, and breakthroughs in high-performance computing and neuronal modeling that could allow researchers to develop systems which mimic functions of the human brain, particularly the ability to organize disparate forms of data.Source From Above, Emphasis Mine

The above emphasis interests me as it is the potential measuring and then recreation of the human capacity to extrapolate and infer...which means, in my opinion that there is a recognition that some of these 'high level informations' can be recognized by an observant individual or something else. I find it quite interesting though...

Edit for tags.

[edit on Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:18:49 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Question...will science ever be able to measure and reproduce anamnsis?

And can they do it subjectively? There is a huge problem, in my opinion, with reproducing the human fashion of using "disparate forms of data"...too many subjective variables (think somotosense)....

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MemoryShock

check out this article
www.auricmedia.net...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dooper

I do not doubt that this is possible,I am however rather confused as to how you can target
one individual without affecting others.

new topics

top topics

join