It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit: Cops tasered 3 kids, threatened one with sodomy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
EDIT: Screw it, I can't write clearly right now... DELETE

[edit on 7/21/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

That waa a terrific post, thank you. I too grow up in a group home for about 5 years, I was about 9 yrs old. I remember having a roommate who I grow up considered to be my brother but at the time he was a very angry kid, he was able to physically fight back and actually beat up some of the house parents we had. Now they were guided by rules but Ernie (my friend) wasn't, only anger and never was the police called, never did they abuse their powers with him and once three or four of the adults were finally able to get him down, then simply put him in a room we called the time out room. I couldn't believe this kids anger and stregnth but man he was strong. The shelter has learned something from this I truly hope and it is going to take more of these events to happen to people before they start seeing things for what they are. It is so sad and it sucks but it's life today.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Okay so the cops were called because of a disturbance involving a 11 and 12 year old.

Big blank.

3 differant kids get tasered and apparently threatened with sodomy and a visitor was locked in a closet.

A year later they are suing.

I know how much ATS hates cops, but we need to step back and look at this a little closer.

1. What did these 3 kids do?
2. How old are they?
3. Was the 17 year old girl related or involved with one of the kids?
4. Where was the staff during all of this?
5. Why wait a year?

ATS members for the most part want a bit more info from a news source then what has been given here. It seems to me you put cops and tasers in the thread title and people lose their minds.

I think there is alot more to this story and I'm not completely sold that these kids are telling the whole truth.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

LOL, No, you want more information before leaping to your conclusions. I think the rest of the members posting so far get the point.

IT'S SIMPLY NOT OKAY TO TASER AND THREATEN SODOMY ON CHILDREN!

Plan and simple!.

Good to see you again, thanks for posting, your such an awesome person. I so agree with everything you say

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

I'm not sold on the sodomy threat accusation.

A 17 year old is still considered a child. They can also be pretty intimidating. That is why I would like that big blank I had in my post filled in before starting to accuse the cops of any wrong doing.

For all we know these kids could have been 3 years old. We simply don't have enough info. We have someone say that the cop said he was going to sodomize me a year ago.

I will wait until that big blank is filled and atleast 2 or 3 of my questions are answered before I join the he man cop hate club.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Perhaps they had to wait because they were not free (literally) to file a suit/charges/etc.? Obviously, we don't have the whole story. I would think the girl who was 17 and not living in the shelter could have done something sooner. After going through that though, I think I would be terrified if I were her.

You raise some reasonable questions. I don't have any answers.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This may be a trend setting thing. These people tptb have been studying advertising techniques for a long time now. We had a 72 year old great grandmother tasered in Texas in what looks like a training film. The officer was a taser instructor. If you look at the film carefully (you can find it by googling 72 year old) But if you look at it you will see that she pretty much did what ever he asked. At first she said she would not sign the ticket, but then she said, before being tasered that she would. He even told her to lie down before he tasered her, so he wouldn't get in trouble for her getting injured if she fell. It looks to me that he deliberately set her up to make his film. I'm wondering how he used the film later. Did he use it in his class telling his pupils to get over their inhibitions about abusing old people, did he distribute it to other teachers? These questions should be asked of his employers
Tasering children is the other direction. Will they want our school principals to be instructed in the art of tasering now? Are they doing it already? Will generation Y be the "cattle prod" generation? Will there even be a generation Z ?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Now, I'm no defender of the corrupt establishment known as the Police, but, in all probability...

"Threatened with sodomy" = "If you don't shut up kid I'm gonna *SNIP you in the ass" = Not really a threat, more an intimidation tactic to get the kid to shut the *SNIP* up.

Its unlikely, IMO, that this was actually a serious threat. However, I do find this whole event utterly unpalettable. If a grown man needs a taser to overpower a child, he is not suitable to be a policeman. If a grown man needs to exert himself in this way over children, he is not fit to be a policeman.

Mod Edit: Whoa there on the swearing. Cheers -alien

[edit on 21-7-2009 by alien]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

What?! You need to call the police because of two misbehaving kids?
In other parts of the world, you get a broom stick and whack them in the head.

No wonder American kids are so stupid. The adults who guide them are even dumber.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

What?! You need to call the police because of two misbehaving kids?
In other parts of the world, you get a broom stick and whack them in the head.

No wonder American kids are so stupid. The adults who guide them are even dumber.

Why do you people always say ignorant crap like this? I dont know where you are from but your country is full of idiots too. Theres dummies everywhere.

For instance I bet I could walk around your country and ask people basic math questions or geography questions and I GUARANTEE I'd get a bunch of "Duhhh I donno".

Theres idiots everywhere

[edit on 21-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

[edit on 21-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Indeed, this is truely shocking.

George Orwells 1984 here we come......

If there is a god he needs to save us all.

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
They need to give cops a better psychological evaluation. Muscle should not be the only thing that matters.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
They need to give cops a better psychological evaluation. Muscle should not be the only thing that matters.

Yup- such as the ability to handle small children without potentially dangerous/lethal force.

::shakes head negatively at the jocks who peaked in high school now becoming boys in blue::

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Notice how they "investigated" themselves? No wrong doing. Total BS, 11 yo kids need to be tazed?

Another case of the Cops on a power trip. Probably an Iraq war vet who was in Iraq massacring women and children and feeling good about themselves. The Cops have turned on the citizens, or "civilians" as we are now called, in the US and we are now stuck with a bunch of Wild men and their tazers who care nothing about human lives.

Folks, we are in so much trouble here....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

The problem is there are more bad ones then good ones. If the "good" cops don't want to be grouped with ther fellow oficers then chose another career or cleen up your people.

You know what they say about birds of a feather.

Looks like a duck chances are it's a duck.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Seems to me that the only way to win this consistent scenario is to become a pig.

Get your colours, your tags, your weapons of choice and join in...

Im sickened by this CONSTANT rubbish in the media - the law is a joke. It has become nothing more than a gang, as has been said.

I watched the other night here in Aus, this show called Recruits.. All about recruit coppers. And I would NOT give any of these imbeciles power over me, yet here they are, the old fat guy who can barely do sit ups, the stupid young sheila who cant aim her gun, the cocky little pretentious sod and his "Beat that bad boy!" attitude, now able to detain and control anyone they want. Literally. We now also have sniffer dogs at train stations, in the city and various places. Guilty till proven innocent. God forbid you sit next to someone with illicit substances on them, on the train. Outrageous.

I just thank god this mob from recruits was let loose over in the Eastern States and not here in WA. Oh and ironically, today in WA a pig tazed an Aboriginal guy (Sure sniffing petrol is something to stop! But taze them?) and he caught on fire.

Im not sure if it was because he was out of it and using a lighter to intimidate the police, or what... but what next? Taze someone about to jay walk?

Ugh, And we can't live within our own jurisdictions and laws, because these clowns are enforcers of the countries we live in... We are bound to have to like their actions or be locked up.

There are more of us than them, but until the time comes where outrage elicits action, nothing will change.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Thank you. Keep the bad cop stories coming. There are plenty we don't hear about.

Cases like this will continue as long as the hiring practices and training remains the same.

A few suggestions for making things better:

1. minimum hiring age of 29. This gives the punk a$$ kids a chance to make it on their own as a civilian and mature (hopefully). By 29, their lifestyle will show on their physical condition and their attitudes will be self evident. They can still put in 30 years and retire at 59 or go to 65 or more if they can still do their job.

2. mandatory sensitivity training and a requirement to memorize the constitution, human rights, civil rights, etc. and training to understand the value of those rights, as well as the value of those citizens they protect.

3. Conflict avoidance training. When you wear your big fat cop ego on your sleeve and spout it from your mouth you are just asking for people to tell you where to go.

4. Conflict resolution training.

5. Automatic suspensions when a citizen complains about a cop. If you are caught on video roughing up a citizen who is not physically confrontational, you go on public video to get your as kicked by a line up of previous police abuse victims. Humility is a good thing for cops. They need all they can get because they have far too much power and far too many buddies that will lie for them and cover up for them.

6. Speaking of lying: no more training to become professional liars. We start rewarding honest cops and whisle blower cops who expose their lying commrads for being liars. I'm tired of seeing cops sit around in doughnut shops coaching each other on how to lie their a$$es off.

7. Instead of providing Crown Vic's, Dodge Charges, and SUV's, they get a Ford Focus. This would help to instill a little humility. Big fat cop ego's thrive on the luxury cars, so why feed it?

8. Only one cop car per doughnut shop rule. In other words, we don't want to see a convention of doughnut munchers gathering at the doughnut shops while a few blocks away one after another break ins or home invasions are going on.

9. Minimum IQ of 115. The status quo is about 100, and it shows.

10. Lead by example rule. No bullying of citizens.

Not a complete list.

[edit on 21/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

A 17 year old is still considered a child. They can also be pretty intimidating.

Yes but 11 and 12 yr olds against grown men with tasers. They weren't in the least bit threatening. Although I do to question the sodomy threat. People use all kinds of phrases when they are threatening people with physical violence and "I'm gonna SNIP you in the SNIP" is something that is not uncommonly used as a way of saying "I am going to beat you senseless". Nonetheless the tasering of such young children is completely wrong and the sodomy threat should be thoroughly investigated.

-Cauch1

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Well certainly there should be action taken against these officers if they did indeed do this.

I just hate when all Police Officers are grouped together and labled as bad, because of a few.

Yes there are "bad" cops out there, but let's not include the good ones with them.

The problem is that the "good" ones don't weed out the "bad" ones. Nor punish them. Thus making them [the "good" ones] also "bad" by association.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Small problem with your requirements is that almost everyone that fills your requirements would rather be doing something else rather than enforcing inefficient laws. Plus there aren't that many people that fill the categories you stated.

Also another thing I have thought of is that those tasers are designed for use on adults and even then they have a risk of killing someone with a weak heart. Imagine the effect they could have on a child with a weak heart.

-Cauch1

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join