It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit: Cops tasered 3 kids, threatened one with sodomy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Just a couple monts ago here in oakland a few cops got killed and thats exactly what happened. Well I know the WHOLE STORY because it was in my neighborhood. These cops werent innocent victims like they were made out to be.

The media portrays them as the hero's, even in situations alikened to this thread. Oh they had to do it as the kids were out of control. They're friggin kids for christ sake!!

The police round here ain't so nice either, just because I wear my hood up I'm a drug dealing-granny-mugging scumbag. I'd hate to actually live somewhere where everyone in the community knows the police don't give two craps about me.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Just a couple monts ago here in oakland a few cops got killed and thats exactly what happened. Well I know the WHOLE STORY because it was in my neighborhood. These cops werent innocent victims like they were made out to be.

The media portrays them as the hero's, even in situations alikened to this thread. Oh they had to do it as the kids were out of control. They're friggin kids for christ sake!!

The police round here ain't so nice either, just because I wear my hood up I'm a drug dealing-granny-mugging scumbag. I'd hate to actually live somewhere where everyone in the community knows the police don't give two craps about me.

Exactly, dude. The same crap goes on here. Just cause someone has a black hoodie or kinda baggy pants or whatever that makes them a criminal. Its rediculous. I f'ing hate it.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

Lawsuit: Cops tasered 3 kids, threatened one with sodomy

rawstory.com

A shelter for adolescents in southern Illinois is suing the local sheriff’s office for what it describes as an unprovoked attack by two police officers on four children, three of whom were tasered, and one of whom was threatened with sodomy by a sheriff’s deputy
(visit the link for the full news article)

Is it bad for me to say that I hope all the bad things in the world happen to these officers and only these officers ?

I know it goes against what I believe in ( no harm to anyone ) but I HATE people like this...

I know hate is wrong, hate is bad and hate is ignorant and hard to subdue sometimes but I HATE people like this...............

How tough are you when you use a weapon on a child?

Are they not tough enough to subdue them with their god given ( just a saying ) strength ?

Are they not strong enough to subdue a child ?

Then how do they pass the physical portion of the exam to become an officer?

Are all officers that physically weak that they can not subdue children without the use of electricity ?

Then these officers are weak , ignorant , and unfortunately not as strong as children.

Do we want officers who are weaker then children protecting us ?

they can't even protect themselves.....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
yeah thats what I was thinking. How weak are these grown men ? They cant control some kids? Pathetic.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Hey, there is such a thing as karma, believe it or not.

There is good reason to be offended by what these officers did but that is not the point.

The point is, somewhere down the line, someone equally deplorable will find these pigs and "justice" will be served.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I agree. I very much believe in karma and these dudes will get what they deserve... And it wont be nice.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Well certainly there should be action taken against these officers if they did indeed do this.

I just hate when all Police Officers are grouped together and labled as bad, because of a few.

Yes there are "bad" cops out there, but let's not include the good ones with them.

The " FEW" are becoming the " MANY " ..........at an alarming rate...

And these are just the cases we hear about.....

I have met 3 of the dumbest people I have ever met in my life 2 weekends ago at the bar......

My friend was with this girl and our group of friends and her ex bf from 4 years ago comes over to my friend and says he is going to " beat the sh*t out of him" if he keeps talking to her" ..

Mind you this guy and this girl have not dated in 4 years! His friends were talking # too like tough guys..

Turns out my friend later tells me ...They are all cops !

Would you want somebody like that in power? This guy could hardly put a sentence together without the F word flyin around....was cocky as hell.....only about 24 years old and just not smart....

That is what the police forces are forced to hire because pay is not great and job is somewhat dangerous ......

There are more dumb stupid cops like these guys then we will ever know...

It just sucks the good guys get lumped in with them......It's not fair

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
As I said earlier, these men need to be sent to prison as soon as possible before they hurt someone or kill! They need to be stripped of their badges and firearms and at the very least arrested and charged. Screw the lawsuit, these kids need justice and the only justice is one a criminal receives. These cops are dangerous and need to be taken off the streets!

If I were the county sheriff I would take away their badge and gun and launch an internal investigation if the District Attorney refuses to file charges. Let the prison inmates deal with them!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by elevatedone
Well certainly there should be action taken against these officers if they did indeed do this.

I just hate when all Police Officers are grouped together and labled as bad, because of a few.

Yes there are "bad" cops out there, but let's not include the good ones with them.
Whilst this may be the case, it's certainly more than a few bad apples in a bunch. I mean, you don't get firemen or any of the other emergency services crew doing stuff like this. Over, and over, and over again.

Yea You never hear about firemen being jackasses ..........I guess it's because they don't have power over us like the police do.....

Control and power corrupts on all levels.....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes
FYI here is the contact info for the office:
www.jeffil.us...

I will be calling them after work to ask about the employment status of the officers in question.

Please post the results of your convo with them...I'm interested to hear what they will say...

Probably like " we can't comment on that at this time.......".Hangs up !

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Two kids who were so out of control, the home's supervisors feared for their safety and called the cops to quote "subdue" them.

Now those same people are crying "police brutality" and bringing a lawsuit.

Typical, just typical.

This country will be just as out of control as the UK in no time flat.

Your wayyyyyyy off.

That is like a bar owner calling the cops to subdue 2 people who are acting crazy and when the cops get there they tazer 3 random people just standing by watching and don't even go after the original people who were causing the ruckus......

That is why what you posted makes NO SENSE and I hope everybody who reads this realizes how bad and flawed your argument is.............

Nice try

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
This is the straw that broke the camels back for me.
Society can run itself, we don't need police to protect us from criminals, when they are criminals themselves.

Well it used to be......When the people got fed up with the criminals they would get a lynch mob and go hang them.......

That would stop most criminals now if they knew that if they got caught, about 500 of their neighbors would be there to kill them the next day..........

That is not the perfect answer but it worked in it's time.........

Except that now we have the protectors being the criminals and we are not legally aloud to protect ourselves against them..........that is also illegal but still allowed to happen..

I hate how people in power ALLOW things to happen .

If things are not allowed at the top, it works it's way down .

That is why good honest leadership is important....It sets a good example...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
Where are the parents in all this????

I know that I would certainly "react" if my kid were tasered to the point of soiling himself.

Oh yeah, I would react. No need for judges there I tell ya.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Truth4hire]

I think it's a home for kids without parents or where troubled kids go. i think

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I guess you didn't read the article.

None of the kids listed in the article were the two culprits that provoked the call to the police in the first place.

How did these kids deserve this? They did nothing according to the article.

-------------

Just noticed LucidDreamer85's post above. He said it much better than I did.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by hstock28]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
wow can you smell that?

its the smell of rotting flesh....

as the snowball rolls down the hill, it grows bigger and bigger

please think twice before you kill someone people

they may be Nazi's but they are just brainwashed and misled people in reality

take prisoners - follow the rules of war and do not become a tyrant yourselves
treat your prisoners justly, show them that you are indeed the better man

this situation is spiraling out of control , fast

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

I hate how people in power ALLOW things to happen .

If things are not allowed at the top, it works it's way down .

That is why good honest leadership is important....It sets a good example...

What your saying is essentially true.

So we can blame the people in power, our politicians and the very wealthy that own them.

These people have the power to stop this but they turn a blind eye.

Rather than attacking the police, we should probably go after those in power who are BEHIND all of this.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I found a related article on Lonnie Lawler, one of the deptuty's.

www.register-news.com...

..... either he's not so bad of a guy, .... or a Pedo in the making.

... where do they recruit cops from these days??? mental wards, .. shelters for battered men ???

.... I'm sure if some of these guys werent picked up by the deparment they'd be working seasonly under a Ferris Wheel wearing a shirt that says " Mustache Rides : 2 Dollars "

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You want to know how bad it is in the world lately?

This heinous act that just a few years ago would have been a shocking surprise, didn't surprise me.

There are so many bad cops that nothing they do anymore surprises me.

Even the decent cops there energy seems to be shifting to more of "you have to obey or else" type mentality.

To taze anyone not having a deadly weapon is bad enough but defenseless children? Then threaten to sodomize em?

@#$*!

[edit on 20-7-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If these claims are true, those cops are monsters. I think we all agree on that.

I hate to say it, but the staff at the shelter are responsible as well. They should not be sleeping soundly, in my opinion.

I spent years in group homes for "delinquents" as a kid, and never did I see the police visit unless they were dropping someone off. I did see many "restraints" while I was in placement. The group home staff were trained to safely get a child/teenager down on the floor, laying on their stomach, and hold them down until they gave up fighting. Two staff members were able to do it just fine, and many times they were both women. I never saw any of the kids get hurt this way (tho I was never restrained myself).

Of course, I don't know what kind of a "shelter" it was, but I would imagine they would have the same sorts of policies and training. None of the group home staff I encountered were bad people (nothing like these cops). I think we have a problem when good people call the cops to handle a situation they probably could have dealt with themselves, and then where the [expletive] were they when the cops started doing this to the other kids?

I'm disgusted with all of the adults in this situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join