It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Sex Have to be at ATS too?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Thank you PxG, I'm glad you find it funny.

Oh by the way your avatar is way to sexy for TA and myself being that we are both just fowl.(I'm the water fowl of course)

The colors of your plumage engage me.
That over the shoulder shot of you is gorgeous !!!!!!!
LOL

And to ORANGETOM1999
Did you not, last year,have an avatar ?
Would you like to present us with your last avatar ?

To me.... life is not a TV show ?
I don't watch much TV,I buy DVDs

I was referencing "Family Guy" for a reason Orange and the reason is this.
although I find aspects of the show funny:I also find aspects of it disturbing.

As far as TA stance of avatars being to sexy... mine is some of them are gross,sick,twisted or violent.

The rules on avatars are defined.
I think they strike a good balance.
I think TA needed a soap box.
I think SA needs a shirt.
And last but least I think, PxG needs a star.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/021fea4e3e73.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Thank you PxG, I'm glad you find it funny.

The colors of your plumage engage me.
That over the shoulder shot of you is gorgeous !!!!!!!
LOL

I knew it!- that was exactly my intention...

tsk tsk- Spring is coming here!- so ..... go figure !!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Utopian Penguin,

Thanks for your clarification on the program called Family Guy. I do not find it funny..but mostly disturbing. Hence I only watched it once for about 10 minutes before using my remote. It is the same with this program called The Simpsons. I don't find that funny as well.

For me it is the overall trend which seems to promote mediocrity and blandness as excellence or humor. I am also not into cartoon form for adults. It is the same to me with sitcoms or whatever they are called today. I don't watch them.

I've never had an avatar. I considered putting one up but finally rejected it.

Also agree...life is not a tv show. I too watch mostly DVDs as much of television programming is to me drivel. The occasional History Channel (be careful here what passes for history) Discovery or sometimes Nova.

The news..is getting very pitiful. Now days one needs lots of other informations and also a decoder ring to tell what is or is not happening.

Nonetheless...thanks for your clarification about Family Guy.

Orangetom

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
wow. Some people have issues with sex. Some don't, some don't care, some are fine either way. There are worse things in this world than that.
Personally, I feel they must like it, like to look at it, want to identify with it, express it, emulate it...
whatever...Doesn't bother me.
Horror, political, alien, beautiful, artistic, thoughtful... it's all here, and that is why most people stay.... The diversity.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well....MY avatar is dead sexy.

Just LOOK at all the suggestiveness in it....I'm surprised the police haven't tossed my yet!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I actually see what you mean with this post. I actually have to put my hand up to cover some avatars because they are too revealing or sexually oriented or whatever, even scary/disturbing. I wish they could be scaled down at least. You are getting a lot of flack about your post, but I hear ya. Sooooo, maybe if size could be adjusted it would be better. I don't like my kids to walk in the room sometimes if certain HUGE avatars are there. I won't say names but there is one that is usually more sexy than others I've seen, and dang it's so huge, takes up so much space I can't hide it. gah it's annoying.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I agree. The sexual avatars are a little over the top. It would seem in this day and age of sex and bisexuals that we could get a hold of ourselves but we can't, so it follows that we must just for sure have to go forward headlong and deal with it in a manner that is consistent with our values/how we want to be treated.

plucky

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Okay, now your comment to me in Mutter makes perfect sense.

Sex? Here on ATS? Heaven forbid.

What if I told you, not that it is, but what if I told you my avatar was a sexual turn on to me?

Should I fear others being "sexually attracted" to metal and armor?

Hell no.

I can see your point, the reptilian brain is ritualized and celebrated the world over.

"Sexuality" is what you make of it, really, and it is based as well on perception of the individual.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdcd499dcf1e.jpg[/atsimg]

The above turns me on just as much as the below picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9aaece84618d.jpg[/atsimg]

Can you guess why?

No, it is not because I "want" George W Bush, because I hate the man.

It is because both pictures represent something I want very much.

The sexy red woman from the Matrix, which was a visual trap.

And, George W Bush behind bars, because he's a treasonous bastard.

Remember, sex, is in the eye of the beholder, just as much as beauty.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's wrong to whine about things that you have a complete control over, without doing anything about it.

You can easily block any avatars you want. I recommend AdBlock Plus. Problem solved.

What you are trying to do here is to trample on people's right to use whatever avatar they want just so YOU don't have to use your right to block the avatars you don't like.

I'd like to keep the freedoms, instead of imposing censorship. We are all adults here (I hope), aren't we? If you are so traumatized by pictures, block them. There is absolutely no reason for the 'system' to intervene to a problem that is easily solvable, especially when it would mean actually denying people their freedom.

I think it's better that everyone has two freedoms about the avatars.

1) Freedom to use -whatever- colored pixels the user wants
2) Freedom to block -whatever- avatar the user doesn't want to see

This way everyone has freedom, and no one is censored - or bothered by avatars. Any other system would be unfair and complicated - who decides what avatars should be accepted and which ones banned? There would have to be 'punishment' system and all kinds of moderation requirements that would go beyond the normal. What if there is just a "slightly sexy" avatar? How about all the 'horrible' avatars, that many people like - what if some people don't like them? In the end, NO avatars could be allowed, because there is always some pixels that can traumatize SOME people.

So, be an adult, use your rights, and don't whine to the 'authorities' and expect them to protect you against those evil sexy avatars. If you can't handle them, just block them, and move on. No need to try to get other people's freedom diminished.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Why Does Sex Have to be at ATS too?

Damn, what did I miss?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i like it when people reply to 5000yr old threads.
its a bit like archeology.
edit on 7-7-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join