It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Sex Have to be at ATS too?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
blah blah blah

your avatar looks like something .. interesting.

anyways "trueamerican" I am hoping you are just being a creative troll... as others are probably thinking...

People like to identify with their avatars, and as the user community expands, you WILL have the unavoidable, non-ats themed avatars appearing; as long as they aren't offensive, it doesn't bother me. I personally choose not to have an avatar because I think it is a waste of bandwidth, and I'm not here to "be someone" I am here to have discussions. I may eventually make an avatar, maybe of a disembodied body part.. probably an eye, not very original but I digress.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yep, this person really wants me to consider her intellect! This is sad. REALLY FRICKEN SAD! YOU HEAR ME MODS AND ADMINS???? Good. Losing all respect fast for this place when you can't even enforce your own T&C's.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yep, this person really wants me to consider her intellect! This is sad. REALLY FRICKEN SAD! YOU HEAR ME MODS AND ADMINS???? Good. Losing all respect fast for this place when you can't even enforce your own T&C's.

LOL LOL LOL..True American,

I know three of those women in the photo. One of them is actually very intelligent. I also know a woman who dont dress like that at all..actually very conservatively ....but she is an airhead. All is not as it seems. Nonetheless..I dont want to watch women conducting themselves as girld gone wild or such.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Hey man, the point is simple: I don't care if the ats member with this avatar is male or female, or who the picture of this woman is! I don't care. All I care about is the fact that that pic as an avatar should not be allowed here. That simple.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I noticed that pic for the first time today.

What is that falling out of her mouth? Is it food, her tongue or what?

It is absolutely gross. And a terrible photo shop job.

True American I believe you must be one of those rare men we call gentlemen.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

reply to post by orangetom1999

Hey man, the point is simple: I don't care if the ats member with this avatar is male or female, or who the picture of this woman is! I don't care. All I care about is the fact that that pic as an avatar should not be allowed here. That simple.

TrueAmerican,

The point here is indeed simple. However also within the simplicity ..This is how the world has always been and always will be. Once again I make my point here in this thread from pate 6.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You do not get all ballistic over this stuff and go ricochetting off the walls over it. You seperate from it or let it pass by. You let death pass by you.

This fingerprint of which you decry is ancient ..not new. It is the world fingerprint making a comeback. You dont get all emotional over it such that you become a train wreck. You seperate from it. You are to be in this world but not of this world. It is just that simple. The method of this world is to drag you into the mud with them screaming and kicking all the way.

Do not let it get to you....nor let others use this to control you. Otherwise you will lose your gentlemanly qualities.

Furthermore ..this is not my board. I dont tell the mods or others how to run thier board. I look for content in a post....not fluff and appearances. Not Drama Queens and emotional trainwrecks. Like the fingerprint of the world I was describing ..there are plenty of Drama Queens and emotional train wrecks on here. Dont let that discourage you for this too is what you find in the world. Real value in this world is a rare thing. Always has been and always will be. Dont let this world side track you with its nonsense version of greatness and excellence.

DizzyDame,

I agree...real gentlemen are very difficult to find now days..as are real ladies/women. Sometimes I think the fast food lane and its attendant baggage is ruining our nation with fast food lane values and thinking/beliefs and expectations.

Whitewave is want to remind readers from time to time ..that males out here are a dime a dozen. Men are much more a rarity. Gentlemen probably even more rare. So too it seems with Ladies and real women.

I had the misfortune some years back to pass through John F Kennedy airport in New York. What a horrible experience. Little basic civilities up there..male and female. Was happy to get back here south of the Mason Dixon line. If that is the big city/big apple..you can have it.

Thanks for your post Dizzy Dame

Orangetom

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
So your telling me TA that you can't concentrate on the post long enough to reply if there is something appealing about an avatar.

OMG I posted my eye....

So the reason throngs of woman are stalking me is I look like A Rich blond Brad Pitt with green eyes. It's the sex thing and not my outstandingly intelligent, witty, wisdom filled posts.

No wonder I hardly ever get a response to my posts it's because everyone is mystified by my eye lol.

er.... I wonder if I can get someone to add a "turn off avatars button"... BBL.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

lol killed, ;p

mutter wat?
lol

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

lol killed, ;p

mutter wat?
lol

oh SA you might have to change your avatar
TA might become enthralled by your sex appeal if you actually had any. ......Though.... the sound of your voice does make woman hate you.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

haha

;p

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Well I appreciate you calling me a gentleman, but to be honest, I don't really consider myself one per se. I dunno maybe. I still do respect a woman on the rare occasion I go out with one, and still will open doors for her. Call me old school I guess- but hey- old school ain't so bad.

I don't know how many more times I have to say this, but:

1) These avatars are simply distracting to me. Not enough to not read the member's posts. And not enough to cause me to leave ATS. The lack of self respect the site is showing by not removing them is what is more concerning to me.

2) The sexual innuendo these avatars bring is just simply out of place here at ATS. It never used to be like this. And I firmly believe it shows disrespect for the site.

3) Despite my natural inclinations to play along with attempts to label me as one of the last gentlemen, I have to be honest- I am old school in some ways, but so not old school at all in others. In fact, I would consider things that even you sexy avatar people would frown at.

I just don't like the sexual innuendo here. I came here to use my mind. There are plenty of other places to wear avatars like that. And a serious discussion board like ATS is not one of them imo. You can't have it both ways ATS. Make up your mind. Either have some self respect and lose these mindless avatars by enforcing the rules, or devolve into the anything goes freak fest we are becoming.

Sorry folks- excuse me for giving a crap about a board that has meant much to me these last 5 to 6 years of my life. So much so that I flatly reject, and take personally these member's in your face avatars shoved down my throat. My ignores are filled, and so I can't ignore these users. Ok, deal: Give me another 20 ignores and I'll shut up.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

There is much more going on at ATS BTS MATS ATS news now TA it's huge now.

Allot has happened in 5 years.
...History of ATS...

Check it out.

Some of the avatars you complain about are from long standing members.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I remember you trueamerican! That synchronicity thread you did especially. It was great. I have been here off and on since I joined in 2004. This time I have been posting and lurking for the past week after about a year's absence.

And now I come back to find you upset about the avatars being used. Where's Grady Philpott? He would definitely have something to say about this.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by elaine]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
im sexy

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

You know Ta, I've been lurking at ATS since 2001-2002 off and on.
If I took you on of a tour of that link I gave you I can show you avatars !!!!

There are ALLOT more members and ALLOT more avatars but that doesn't mean there really that much more racier.

Can you say freud ?

Technology has change since 2004.
So has media.

Do you watch Family Guy ?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

TA man, what I don't get is why some people see your avatar as inappropriate?
Always beyond me...

But to sum up the thread, would you say 'no shirt, no shoes, no service'?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I see you point honestly I do but these avatars are not that bad compared to some I see on other sites. I dont think they are that sexually suggestive. I dont really look at avatars and if one distracts me I move along......Believe me some one here have really made me jump out of my chair but its not my avatar so I dont care.
Just a question what is yours all about? I like it so I am not saying it's bad : )

TUP
I love your witty and smart brain, but its that green eye that does it for me : )

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
reply to post by True American

Can you say freud ?

Technology has change since 2004.
So has media.

Do you watch Family Guy ?

LOL LOL LOL True American

Do you get it yet??? Reality to so many people and particularly many people on ATS is a television program. They have so few real life experiences that they must reference a television or movie to make a moral ethical "Real Life " point.

Now do you understand why sex and sexuality are become the standard of excellence and self promotion today??? No real thinking going on out here. Many of peoples thoughts are someone else's thoughts, their emotions are someone else's emotions transplanted by another medium even their morals are someone else's morals.

As I stated to Zysol 5 in another thread some time back...no thinking person defines who and what they are by their sexuality. It is the epitome of stupid. For people are so much more than sexuality. For a person to do that is to be immodest, self promoting, and substitute their sexuality for real character traits of value.

It is so bad out here that people have to use television and movie examples to make a point. Is this evolution happening?? Or is it
De Evolution??

here once again is my link to the post to Zn5.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Television and movies often use sex and sexuality to promote their products, ideas, morality et al. Manufacturers do this as well in using television and movies to advertise their products.

Public education is become a movie/television education using and misusing the same sexual template in their indoctrination.
And they are doing this indoctrination at younger and younger ages. Our children no longer have time to be just children. They are indoctrinated today into adulthood at younger and younger ages. That can be translated into adulthood by becoming better and better consumers rather than thinking moral adults. They are being indoctrinated into self justification by product consumption...even by consuming each other. Understand now...what it is about the use and misuse of sex and sexuality across the board to sell the very souls of a nation and its people??

Can you say..Freud?? Someone out here is not only saying it ..they are practicing it across the board.

The tell tale evidence of this corruption and vicarious non standards is the using of television and movies to give real life moral examples or standards. It indicates a substitution of thinking, morals, and values by an unseen and often unknown party. Most are not even aware that this has happened to them. This is precisely how a counterfeit or counterfeit system works. The Mark..does not even know it has happened to them. Counterfeits work much better in this manner. When the Mark does most of the work and risk for them.

And sex/sexuality is an integral part of this substitution. And substitution is a Mark of a counterfeit.

Counterfeits and counterfeit systems are a field unto itself...once you know.

Your angst is because of what you perceive as the inability to deal with a counterfeit system.

People are so much more than mere sexuality..but you would be hard pressed to see this out here unless you are able to step out of what one sees so often to find the jewels and value among such wildlife. But it is out here. Do not despair True American.

Just remember something about humans and humanism. Whenever one hears the term human and humanism..it is often a watch word for " I am complete and whole because I am sexual." Do not be deceived by this. Just remember it...mark it and make note for the next time.

By the way..I tried to watch that program ..Family Guy. I believe it is a cartoon format. Once and only once..I wont be watching it again. No thanks.

Hope this helps you True American.
Orangetom

[edit on 8-9-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
I remember you trueamerican! That synchronicity thread you did especially. It was great. I have been here off and on since I joined in 2004. This time I have been posting and lurking for the past week after about a year's absence.

And now I come back to find you upset about the avatars being used. Where's Grady Philpott? He would definitely have something to say about this.

Wow, elaine! So good to see you!

Does synchronicity persist in your life still?
Always does in mine. Thanks, yeah, that was one of my very first threads.

And yeah, I wonder why Grady has not weighed in on this yet too. He has got to be one of the most conservative and "old school" members here.

As to the questions about my avatar, I have no clue how someone could perceive it to be against the T&C. But at this point some people will resort to anything to get back at me for merely speaking my mind on this matter of overtly sexual avatars. There's no big mystery or meaning behind it, other than what the saying states, and I just went and found a pic that seems to sum up the saying pretty nice, and is in my opinion a cool pic. That's about it.

I suppose if I went and found some big burly man with his shirt off, it would have been more satisfactory to the shallow.
And the irony of this thread is that the T&C's were enforced on me when I tried to put up a pic of a nude man showing nothing other than legs and chest. The mod forcibly removed it from my profile, but won't touch these others that are just as suggestive, if not more. That pisses me off more than anything that you guys are going to say.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
So your telling me TA that you can't concentrate on the post long enough to reply if there is something appealing about an avatar.

OMG I posted my eye....

So the reason throngs of woman are stalking me is I look like A Rich blond Brad Pitt with green eyes. It's the sex thing and not my outstandingly intelligent, witty, wisdom filled posts.

No wonder I hardly ever get a response to my posts it's because everyone is mystified by my eye lol.

er.... I wonder if I can get someone to add a "turn off avatars button"... BBL.

OMG!!!
hahaha... your post just made me burst in laughs

I don't know what's wrong with the sexy avatars- I mean, does the "True American" really feels distracted by those silly pictures??-

C'mon man! it's JUST a picture-

I can't believe you are so moved by that. ?¿?

I don't pay attention to the avatars- I focus on the words being written on these boards- which is what really matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join