It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY man forcibly sedated for cavity search gets $125k settlement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

NY man forcibly sedated for cavity search gets $125k settlement

rawstory.com

A man who was forcibly injected with sedative drugs by police so a doctor could search for other drugs in his rectum will receive a handsome settlement from Albany County, New York and Albany Medical Center, a local publication reported Saturday.

“The settlement stems from a federal lawsuit filed two years ago by Tunde Clement, an ex-convict arrested by sheriff’s investigators on March 13, 2006, at the Albany bus terminal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yeah, well, they would have to sedate me if they think they are going to check any cavity of mine that isn't in my mouth lol. After reading the article I am surpised that their isn't many more law suits filed and if their are it isn't a surprise to me that they are not being reported by the MSM. Would you allow a cavity search knowing that you haven't done anything?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

For one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars I would have let Tony Blair build miniature Christmas villages in my rectum.

I would let him build a little bigger ones in hubbys rectum for the same price.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wouldn't the fact he needed to be sedated mean he doesn't like things going into his (insert crude joke here lol)??? I mean come on!! Sedating a guy?? Jeez.... whats next?? Putting me to sleep while they read me my rights?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
They wouldn't have to force me to take any sedatives before they shove a hand up my butt.

By my reasoning they did him a favor.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
For one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars I would have let Tony Blair build miniature Christmas villages in my rectum.

I would let him build a little bigger ones in hubbys rectum for the same price.

Originally posted by jd140
They wouldn't have to force me to take any sedatives before they shove a hand up my butt.

Well my, my--ATS is on fire tonight!

(poor choice of words?)

My condolences to Mr. Clement. Did anyone else find this detail peculiar?:

Clement is not the first to accuse the Albany police of an unwarranted cavity search. New York criminal defense attorney Scott Greenfield, on his blog Simple Justice, exclaimed that a “cavity epidemic” is underway in Albany.

Constitutional scholar Jonathan Turley explained the seeming rash of invasive searches on his blog:

"Women have accused the police of conducting cavity searches with little or no suspicion of crime acts. Crystal Royal, 22, has sued, alleging that she was strip-searched in January by the Albany Police Department and then forced to undergo a pelvic cavity search at Albany Medical Center Hospital. Nothing was found.

This filing follows another complaint by Lisa Shutter who charged that she was given a cavity search on a public street during a traffic stop in December.

A strange fetish? Perhaps the officers have been reading a bit too heavily from our dear friend the Marquis de Sade.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

I see it like this.

You get pulled over with drugs in your car then your car can be legally ripped to shreds to see if you have anymore stashed.

You get caught with drugs on your body then things like cavity searches happens.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You get caught with drugs on your body then things like cavity searches happens.

Obviously you didn't read the OP, they never found drugs on them, that was one of the reason for why he won his case. "Silly Boy" You sound like those who believe the police 99.9 percent of the time, I guess it's a great thing for the person that won his case that you were not the judge lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
A cavity search in exchange for mega bucks?
Sounds like high class prostitution to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Wouldn't they need to first search your car to find drugs, then rip your car apart looking for additional drugs?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I see it like this.

You get pulled over with drugs in your car then your car can be legally ripped to shreds to see if you have anymore stashed.

As the OP reiterated, the plaintiff in this case did not have any drugs on his person. The police decided that, by golly, the drugs must be somewhere.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

Obviously you didn't read the OP, they never found drugs on them, that was one of the reason for why he won his case. "Silly Boy" You sound like those who believe the police 99.9 percent of the time, I guess it's a great thing for the person that won his case that you were not the judge lol.

"Ignorant Poster" no where in that article does it say that he didn't have drugs on him. It does say they didn't find any drugs up his bum.

If you have another article that says he didn't have any drugs on him then by all means post it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Not as ignorant as the person reading the thread where it didn't say he did have drugs in the first place and he did win his case! So, I would think if it was proven in court that he was arrested for having drugs, a search of his vichle showed drugs were found then I guess they would have thrown his case out. Oh yeah, I don't believe any lawyers I know would have taken the case either if he would have been found with drugs when he was searched. Hmm, ignorant? Man in the Mirror

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Show me in that article where it says that drugs was not found on him prior to the cavity search.

Lawyers take all type of cases for criminals and win them large sums of money. A few burgalers have won lawsuits against the people they were robbing because they got injured in their house.

He won this lawsuit because he had drugs forced into his body against his will. If you have another article going into more detail then please post it.

I actually agree with the outcome. Even though I still feel they did him a favor.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This is kind of unrelated but all I know is the war on drugs is stupid. Very stupid. Oh and no cop is ever forcing anything on me, or even gonna search me. EVER. I'm not a drug user but even if I was they wouldnt. I know my rights.

These cops are perverts. There is a vid on youtube of male cops forcibly strip searching some women. So wrong, not to mention ILLEGAL.

some Police do countless wrong things like this. So freaking corrupt.

peace.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Has no one heard of an MRI scan? it's this fantastic little creation for viewing the inside of a body.

That's whats used around here if police suspect you of having drug's internally none of this I'll just stick a few finger's in your vag in the middle of the street to be sure.
Any LEO doing that should be guilty of rape.

If there so sure drug's are concealed internally, how are they supposed to check the stomach?

Sure there's something inside? off for an MRI you go. non invasive and no scum getting there jolly's off it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

If you have another article that says he didn't have any drugs on him then by all means post it.

If you have another article going into more detail then please post it.

Here ya go, this article states that they found no drugs on him before they performed the cavity search (so no probable cause) and it also goes into more detail.

www.timesunion.com.../2/2008&TextPage=1

From page one....

Two years ago, Tunde Clement stepped off a bus at the city's main terminal downtown.

Clement, a black man, was carrying a backpack and coming from New York City. That may have been enough to pique the interest of undercover sheriff's investigators scanning the crowd with their eyes.

That was their probable cause, a black man exiting a bus carrying a backpack ??? Gimme a break, maybe they need to go back to the training academy, or look for a different line of work.

From page two of four.....

For reasons never outlined in court records, Burke's investigators zeroed in on Clement that Monday morning in March 2006, cut him off and started asking questions as he tried to exit the bus terminal.

Clement, whose criminal record consists mostly of drug convictions, tried to brush past. He told cops he didn't have to answer questions.

They pushed him against a wall, frisked him, searched his backpack and charged Clement with resisting arrest after finding no drugs or weapons, records show.

From page three....

Upstairs in the county Judicial Center, it was midmorning on a Monday and a smattering of judges were on the bench or in their chambers, available at a moment's notice to consider any search warrant applications. A request was never made.

Instead, just before noon, Clement -- fully shackled and still in custody for a minor offense -- shuffled into Albany Medical Center Hospital with a phalanx of cops at his side, hospital records show.

He was locked in a gurney and listened anxiously as a group of doctors and nurses debated the cops' request to have Clement forcibly sedated so his body could be searched for drugs.

IMO he didn't get nearly enough money for what they did to him, those cops should be up on charges, and the doctors should be fired.

Hre's another one....

www.chicagotribune.com...

Tunde Clement was arrested at an Albany bus terminal in 2006 by police who suspected him of carrying drugs.

When they couldn't find anything, he was brought to Albany Medical Center Hospital and sedated while doctors put a camera in his rectum.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Not your fist time eh?

Originally posted by Alxandro
A cavity search in exchange for mega bucks?
Sounds like high class prostitution to me.

If you think that 125K is 'megabucks', particularly in exchange for getting sedated like a research animal and then violated by a perv with priors, then your sense of value is quite different than mine. Sounds like you're a cheap date.

Originally posted by thestink
Has no one heard of an MRI scan? it's this fantastic little creation for viewing the inside of a body.

That's whats used around here if police suspect you of having drug's internally none of this I'll just stick a few finger's in your vag in the middle of the street to be sure.
Any LEO doing that should be guilty of rape.

If there so sure drug's are concealed internally, how are they supposed to check the stomach?

Sure there's something inside? off for an MRI you go. non invasive and no scum getting there jolly's off it.

Way too expensive, and not near stinky enough for the sick twisted freaks that dominate our constabulary. Great thought though.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Disgustung, what the Cops will go to nowadays absolutely shocks me tothe core.

He should have got way more. Those Sherrifs invovled should have been sacked. Oh but they are all out for each other in the police force.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why do we allow ourselves to be treated like animals because of the drug war.

Urinating in a cup for a crappy job strip searches, body cavity searches all for a personal choice of what we do with our own bodies.

If one can argue that abortion should be legal because what we do with our own bodies is our business then how can we allow the drug war to continue?

We have allowed this insane world to unfold before us. Its time we stopped it in its tracks and take our personal freedom back.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join