It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

little pinpoints of light and dark white noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
okay, maybe someone can help me with this. I don't know if this a medical thing paranormal thing or if I'm just
crazy (a good possibility even if it's not the case).

there are two things I want explained here:

first: Whenever I look up into the sky during the day I see swimming pinpoints of lights. Not even points. More like pricks. Tiny pinpricks of light. Swimming around the sky. there are hundreds of them, maybe even thousands. Just swimming/flying around. And I only see them in the sky in the daylight. Nowhere else.

secondly: in the dark I get a sort of visual white noise. As if someone took the white noise from a broken television and pasted it as a transparent over my eyes. the darker it is, the better I can see the noise. It doesn't obstruct my view or anything. it's just there. Everything is just ever so slightly fuzzy. Not blurry, just fuzzy... And moving like real white noise... weird

these arn't recent btw. I've always seen them. For as long as I can remember... I don't really think it's medical. My guess is that it's mental or paranormal.

Any Ideas on what these are??

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

Rest assured that you're not going crazy, lol.

I think it's a common occurrence. I know it has happened to me all my life. There is a discussion on it here and
here.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My guess would be seizure disorder.

Sounds like what i get just before a seizure hits.

worth getting checked out, but dont expect them to be able to do a lot about it. and you have to weight the cost of all the test to know for sure.

Years ago i spent over $5K on test, and they said, well we are not sure why but we can run these tests... yea, i had enough, i just live with it..
its a pain but hey could be worse..

But meds could keep it under control before it gets out of hand..

not that i'm a professional, but just my guess from experience

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well I dont know about the white noise you see in the dark. The little pinpricks of light are floaters,little bits of debris in your eye. I get them all the time when i look at the clear blue sky or any bright background you cant really focus on them either because they move with your eye ball...[url=http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm]

If did this right you should just be able to click that link and get some info on floaters...

PEACE!!!

Of course the link didnt work. I dont know how to do it, sorry...

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

He's correct about the floaters I've had them for decades and first time it happened to me I went straight to the eye doctor thinking I was going blind or something and he set me straight but what you describe OP is exactly what I see.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Actually I have those too

but they don't look like the pin points of light I'm referring to.

around part 1:28 and 1:52-1:55 of this clip is closer to what I'm seeing.

www.youtube.com...

only more numerous and more lively. and more point like. they almost seem alive, actually. are they really the same thing?

they also don't really react to my eye movement.

They appear only when I look at the sky.

Maybe I am crazy.

[edit on 7/17/09 by Redajin]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Crap, I hope not!

though, I never had seizure in my medical history. but I guess there's a first time for everything.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

The little swirlies in the video are what I see also... they almost look like light sperm, ha ha! I see them in the snow also and I asked my mom once when I was little why I saw those things when I looked at the sky and the snow and she said that it was from looking at so much of one color. I'm really not sure that's the cause, but it does happen when I'm looking at something that is all one color and brightly lit. I've also had the same thing to happen when I have a head rush or when I was pregnant and had high blood pressure.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Several years ago I began to notice some bright light spots, that were 'swirly'......not so much of a prob at first, but when they faded away, there remained a faint grayish spot in that area.....it continued to grow and would sometimes have the bright swirly spots, and what you might call 'white noise' when I closed my eyes........

I am now virtually blind in the eye that was affected.

It was diagnosed as macular degeneration......

Go see your eye doctor....If it's something serious, and they catch it in time, they might be able to prevent further damage. Being even 'half blind' is no picnic!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redajin
first: Whenever I look up into the sky during the day I see swimming pinpoints of lights.

secondly: in the dark I get a sort of visual white noise.

I see both of these too. And have seen them as long as I remember.

My belief is that it is normal and related to neurology. Otherwise I don't know.

Third funny thing is that there is a small hum in silence. It should usually be the sound of your own brain activity. Nothing paranormal even there. Tinnitus is a different thing.

Though I think that both audio and video white noise has become louder in the last months or so.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I see both of these and I reckon that it's perfectly normal, certainly not related to any kind of disease. I remember first noticing them as a very small child and that's over 40 years ago, so if there was anything wrong, I think I would probably know about it by now.

I always wondered if everyone saw them, but I never asked anyone cos I figured it would be really hard to explain if they didn't know what I was talking about. I guess from the replies here, that means that not everyone does.

The thing I always found odd about it is that the swimming pinpoints of light only seem to appear in daylight, never in artificial light, which suggests to me that it isn't just something to do with the eyes / brain but something that is actually there in the light.

regards,
J

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

It could be a detached retina. Get it checked out.

www.medicinenet.com...

Your eyesight is much to important to just take casually.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join