It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something profound has changed. Iranians are losing their fear and mock the official line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Something profound has changed. Iranians are losing their fear and mock the official line

www.independent.co.uk

A journey from east to west Tehran in the morning rush-hour traps you in a long line of cars reduced to a tortuous crawl. Yesterday, a middle-aged beggar woman roamed the traffic trying in vain to sell dish-cloths. We moved for a few seconds but then ground to a halt again, just like Iran's political paralysis. The driver of our shared taxi, in between grumbling about the traffic, lit up a cigarette and turned on the CD player. The words of the song could hardly have been more appropriate: "Once
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Until recently, it was almost unheard of to utter criticism and the name of the Supreme Leader in the same breath. But now, even Ayatollah Ali Khamenei does not escape, and I don't mean just in conversations between trusted friends. My own father, seriously mistrustful of talking about anything meaningful on the telephone, has given up observing his own cautious rules after almost three decades.

The people who are now daring to speak out like my father are not all intellectuals from north Tehran. Nor are they organised resistance. They are fed up with their salaries being eaten by inflation, or that their university-educated children have no prospect of a job. And they seethe at the unimaginable gap between them and loyal members of the Revolutionary Guard who have recently enjoyed salary rises.

This bit is interesting from following blog (many videos of today there): www.huffingtonpost.com...

7:00 AM ET -- Down with Russia. Here, the crowd chants, "Russia, do us a favor and let go of our country!" A smart reader offers, "The anti-Russia chants are great. It's like the '79 version of death to America. They are associating the regime with a foreign power."

Also heard Iranian's are now chanting "death to China" as well.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Damn I hate chants ... I always forget the words, or who's turn it is to die today.

[edit on 17/7/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Rafsanjani condemns Iranian regime's handling of post-election unrest

One of Iran's most powerful clerics today attacked the Iranian government for its handling of protests and unrest that followed the disputed presidential election result. But even as Hashemi Rafsanjani made his comments, police were firing teargas and wielding batons to disperse tens of thousands of opposition supporters.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
88 vids from today here - www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Did they finally find out that their religion is a lie started by their leaders to get them to hate the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Our covert operations over there seem to be working very nicely. Only problem I see with this is that, very soon, Iran's leadership will crack and one of three things will happen:

1.) they will crack down on the people and many, many people will die as a result,
2.) they will attack the cause of the insurrection (the west) and many, many people will die as a result, or
3.) both and many, many, MANY people will die as a result.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
Did they finally find out that their religion is a lie started by their leaders to get them to hate the rest of the world.

Great point- sharp as an arrow.

Nice sig quotes, too! Starred.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Let's hope so. Heres to hoping that it catches on and religion gets a boot up the arse off the face of this planet altogether

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No, our covert operators finally convinced them.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

No, our covert operators finally convinced them.

You also have an equally valid theory too, Iamonlyhuman.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

No you couldnt be more wrong, what is going on in iran is the culmanation of 30 years of religious and political repression of the iranian people by thier dictatorial theocracy. If there wasnt simmering discontent no amount of "covert operations" would have any effect. As bad as they have belive life was under the shah what has the regime done for iran other than making them an international pariah.
they would turn the whole world into a islamic police state if they could, to quote a movie, "Convert or die".

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

I agree entirely. How is this different from what I posted? I never said that this was a new thing in fact if you read the link to the thread I posted you'll see that covert operations have been going on for as long as you say. I'm not discounting the role of the Iranian people but I AM highlighting the role of the U.S. This dysfunctional, threesome "relationship" between the Iranian government, the U.S. government, and the Iranian people is not new in any way.

Read the document in the thread I posted. Let me know what you think.

Edit to add: Oh, geesh... I've responded to so many Iran threads... I guess I didn't give a link to what I'm talking about so here it is. Brookings Institution document on Iran - the next false flag outlined in policy recommendations

[edit on 19/7/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Our covert operations over there seem to be working very nicely

You mean the Iranian people aren't capable of coming to their own conclusions? Pretty condescending don't you think? The Iranians are, and have been for thousands of years, a rather sophisticated bunch. They are fully capable of coming to realizations of all sorts, without any outside interferance.

Yes, all by their little ole selves...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I guess the supreme leader should put more fluoride in their water. That will help to pacify those pesky citizens when they see their entire system failing right before their eyes.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I guess the supreme leader should put more fluoride in their water. That will help to pacify those pesky citizens when they see their entire system failing right before their eyes.

Actually Iran is in an area of the world with a quite high fluoride content in their water. So, it is right to conclude that fluoride does nothing to 'pacify' people. But, I agree the CIA have their hands in this. I have no doubt.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Our covert operations over there seem to be working very nicely

You mean the Iranian people aren't capable of coming to their own conclusions? Pretty condescending don't you think? The Iranians are, and have been for thousands of years, a rather sophisticated bunch. They are fully capable of coming to realizations of all sorts, without any outside interferance.

Yes, all by their little ole selves...

No, not at all. Please don't put words into my mouth. Like I said before, "I'm not discounting the role of the Iranian people but I AM highlighting the role of the U.S. This dysfunctional, threesome "relationship" between the Iranian government, the U.S. government, and the Iranian people is not new in any way."

The Iranian people are and have always been fully capable of doing this. Why now? - and I mean exactly now. The man they were trying to elect is very sympathetic to the West, specifically the U.S. I wonder who he's been talking to? I wonder how he was raised to the position of almost winning the election (or winning it only to have it stolen back)? That part IS new. If the fully capable Iranian people were the only force at work here, wouldn't this have happened before now?

Don't be dupped into thinking that there are not covert operations involved... that would be naive.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Still Number One

Originally posted by john124

7:00 AM ET -- Down with Russia. Here, the crowd chants, "Russia, do us a favor and let go of our country!" A smart reader offers, "The anti-Russia chants are great. It's like the '79 version of death to America. They are associating the regime with a foreign power."

Also heard Iranian's are now chanting "death to China" as well.

That's all fine and good, but I still like to think America will always have a special place in their hearts as the Great Satan.

U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

[edit on 7/20/2009 by Majic]

new topics

top topics

join