It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Revealed] Apollo Hoax Betrayed by UFO Reports?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

OTF, you posted this photo:

It is used extensively by "hoax" conspiracists...it's only one of the few they have, and they keep trotting it out like an over-used prostitute.

Here...wanna see happy Astronauts???

www.nasaimages.org...
resident-Nixon-visits-Apollo-11-cr

Now...let's say you're darned sick and tired of the endless SAME questions, over and over and over again, usually from people who have no idea what they're even asking...

Here's another idea to compare, just came to me. Take a look at archival footage of the pilots from USAir in the Hudson, last January. Those "heroes" were equally trotted out, countless press conferences...did they look happy?? I mean, they were darn-tootin' full-fledged heroes, right???

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by Overload

Look at their shadows and how their lengths vary depending on how close they are to the spotlight:

Shadows are the same length in the one:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f786340634cc.jpg[/atsimg]

Now look at the difference as the astronaut nears the light source... this doesn't happen with sunlight and on level terrain like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82934bd9b7ff.jpg[/atsimg]

There is a slight "uphill" slope to the upper left of the this picture, therefore the astronauts' shadows in the first photo would look shorter.

...by the way, you got your "Hoax" reasoning all backward -- a shadow would SHORTEN if the astronaut walked closer to "an artificial light source"; it would not lengthen.

EDIT: for clarity

[edit on 7/17/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Apollo 11 may not have left Low-Earth Orbit...

Exubie....now I know you're going 'round the bend, mate!!

Citing, of all people, Bart Sibrel!!!...and Percy, and Rene, and Kaysing and **cough, cough** "White Jarrah" (!!!???!!!)

The baloney about filming from LEO has been shown to be just a load of bollocks, and you know it!

FIRST, the claim was they filmed through a round window.

BUSTED!!!

THEN, the elaborate story of a cardboard cut-out used to create a circular look....BUSTED!!!

www.boston.com...

Take a look, RIGHT NOW, of the live NASA feed from the ISS as the Endeavour is docking...notice how FAST the clouds are skipping by in the video!

Do you fnally now see why the claims of Sibrel and his ilk are pure rubbish???

AS to "WJ"....and his youtube baloney....less said about him, the better!!!

[edit on 17 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

To expand on what Soylent says, as to the differeing lengths of shadows...

Here's a video that explains it well, among other "hoax" claims.

(Really...you can go outside and look at shadows yourselves, on hilly land...try it at the beach, sometime. Shadows, different lengths!! Amazing!!
)

As I recall, ATS is about 'denying ignorance', not promoting it.....

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
David Percy put forth the theory that there were some obvious discontinuities between the video footage and still photos of the famous 'Jump Salute' performed by John Young.

He bases his theory on the visibility of a loosened triangular flap, which he claims is visible flapping upwards in the photos, but not in the video. Percy claims this proves that the two shots were filmed/photographed at separate times.

Well, this video proves Percy's theory to be wrong - in it, the unfastened triangular flap can clearly be seeing 'flapping':

Here is the flippant flap:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/add7388f48f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the Flap properly fastened:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f2112e5fcd5.jpg[/atsimg]

What kind of astronaut walks around on the moon with their flap sticking out... sheesh.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Wow, that is an awesome photo!!!!

Thank you very much, seriously because like the saying goes "a picture is worth a thousand words."

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That flap was to hold the antenna when retracted.

Here's a pertinent diagram:

history.nasa.gov...

PS...FINALLY someone shows Percy's true colours! The man is a fraud.

Here's another diagram:

history.nasa.gov...

edit: I amend that...looks like there were small velcro straps to hold the antenna retracted. The triangular flap would appear to be nothing but a cover for the oxygen purge guage.

history.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Here is irrefutable video evidence that the Apollo 11 crew never left low Earth orbit:

I dare someone to disprove this.

[edit on 7/17/0909 by Mookie89]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mookie89

Bit of a painful moment seeing these new pics then ?

still as they say If i cant see the monster he cant see me - right up to the moment he ate you........

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Your link isn''t working.

You must not have entered the url correctly. I do this frequently.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

***sigh***

Here is irrefutable evidence that they did leave LEO.

www.boston.com...

Can we finally get on with the science of the Moon, and dispense with the nonsense???

(No sound for me...is this the one with the British woman narrating?? because if it is, it's been battered to death already on ATS...sorry, it's crap!)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Your link isn''t working.

You must not have entered the url correctly. I do this frequently.

It's up now, I accidently included the "watch=" part.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

First of all, Apollo was not the only satellite in the night sky in 1969. Furthermore, people on the ground witnessed the TLI burn that sent it to the moon:
www.astr.ua.edu...
www.astr.ua.edu...
Where's the evidence that these satellite reports match what the orbit of Apollo would have been had it stayed in earth orbit? Where are the timings and coordinates?

[edit on 17-7-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

***sigh***

Here is irrefutable evidence that they did leave LEO.

www.boston.com...

Can we finally get on with the science of the Moon, and dispense with the nonsense???

Then tell me, if they really went to the moon, why did they have to fke anything, as the video states? Why would they need to set this scene up if they had no real reason to do so? And why did they use better quality film up until they actually landed on the moon? It's like using an HD camera during the Superbowl pre-game show, then using a black and white, fuzzy quality camera during the actual game.

EDIT:
And I know you didn't watch the video because it is 10 minutes long and you replied about 2 minutes after I posted it. Why don't you take a look at the video before spouting out nonsense.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

....why did they have to fke anything, as the video states?

AS THE VIDEO STATES???!!!!

The video, my friend, is baloney. Bollocks. Horsefeathers. Junk.

It's a ten-minute videp...I have no sound at this Hotel computer I'm using...someone else will have to refute point-by-point, I've already doneit once, a month or so ago...forgot the thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mookie89
Then tell me, if they really went to the moon, why did they have to fke anything, as the video states?

The video is BS, they didn't fake anything; that's not what the earth looks like in LEO, and the weather patterns on earth match weather reports that day.

And why did they use better quality film up until they actually landed on the moon?

The "film" cameras they used were not broadcast live, they were film that was developed after landing. Wouldn't have done much good for broadcasting the moonwalk. The video camera for the moon walk had to be capable of being activated remotely, tuck inside the MESA bay so it could swing out on a cord, and light too.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by Mookie89
Then tell me, if they really went to the moon, why did they have to fke anything, as the video states?

The video is BS, they didn't fake anything; that's not what the earth looks like in LEO, and the weather patterns on earth match weather reports that day.

And why did they use better quality film up until they actually landed on the moon?

The "film" cameras they used were not broadcast live, they were film that was developed after landing. Wouldn't have done much good for broadcasting the moonwalk. The video camera for the moon walk had to be capable of being activated remotely, tuck inside the MESA bay so it could swing out on a cord, and light too.

It was broadcast live!!! Look it up!!! It's not that hard to google something. Just look it up, it was broadcast LIVE!!

And prove the video is BS when all of the astronauts of the Apollo 11 mission were in the video, and are seen staging a scene of them being far from Earth. PROVE it's BS, don't just throw it out there like you've already proven it. Give some evidence that supports your claim.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

....why did they have to fke anything, as the video states?

AS THE VIDEO STATES???!!!!

The video, my friend, is baloney. Bollocks. Horsefeathers. Junk.

It's a ten-minute videp...I have no sound at this Hotel computer I'm using...someone else will have to refute point-by-point, I've already doneit once, a month or so ago...forgot the thread.

Tell me how it's baloney, bollocks, horsefeathers, and junk. Don't just throw it out there like you've already proven it to me by just saying it. Like I told the other guy, show evidence that supports that this video is what you say it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
delete video not working

[edit on 7/17/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
delete video not working

[edit on 7/17/2009 by kidflash2008]

It's working, I'm watching now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>