It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumping Dimensions : The Infinite Possiblitys Of The Soul

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Finally someone else who thinks like me! Reading your comment was bizzarly similar to what i have been saying for a little while and indeed dangerous questions. I started by asking is there a god, now im doubting reality itself. I know im real... or a least my soul/conciousness is because, 'i think, therfore i am'. I cannot say for certainty that anybody else thinks, therefore 'they' maybe not.

In my dreams the only thing that exsists is me, even though at the time in my dream im conversing to someone else in a room with table and chairs, all the objects and peole are all but in my head... what is the differece in our waking moments.

I wonder with these thoughts if i will be a complete mental case in a few years time, if i aint allready, lol!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OopsDidIDoDat
I'm sorry OP. I don't care which dimension you are in right now, but I don't think drinking & driving is a good thing in any of them.

I think you should take your post and report yourself to the cops. I don't want a dangerous person like you on my streets.
Wow,here we have someone without sin casting the first stone!You do realise that life is a learning curb right?Maybe you really are perfect but I sincerely doubt it.Talking about dangerous people,judgemental people like you are way more dangerous than any drink driver.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I know that this posting is fairly old, but I thought I'd venture a reply anyway

There is a book called The Art of Dreaming, by Carlos Castenada...

The situation, facts and circumstances of the original post are explained within this book. It would be possible for you to have a dream within a dream which would consume years of your life. An exceptional circumstance would allow you to exit the dream. Per Carlos these circumstances would include outside energies, such as another person's thoughts or prayers for your well being, or perhaps your cat stepped on your face, with love of course.

The book details how we are truly energy bodies (spirits) enclosed within bodies (manifestations) and how dreams free us into other dimensions and who is out there.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Quantum Jumping is possible and I speak from experience(s).

Jan 7, 2014took an off ramp from freeway to avert traffic, there in front of me is a freeway on ramp that wasn't there 45 days ago when I was last there. Looked that up online to discover ramp was completed 3 years ago. I am in an alternate time line.

June 2013 my daughter and I were comparing notes about a shared memory of American Idol past "winner" Carie Underwood. In our collective memory Ms. Underwood was defeated by Bo Bice but looking up history on line, no, Ms. Underwood won. Hmmm?

In March 2013 saw events change before my eyes. Pen on floor, turn, look back pen in clip on little white board, turn and pen back on floor...no one else around.

July 31, 2006 time stood completely still. At a party and all motion and sound stopped for about 5 minutes, then it started up again.

March 2007, time stands still again, same amount of time - 5 minutes or so, then begins again.

I don't know what all this is but am learning others have experienced it, too.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Some VERY interesting reply's on this forum... thus why i have subscribed to this page.. going to get my thoughts together on a post i will include a bit later.. as i believe i too have had numerous shifts in parallel realities... but as far as suicide goes... what do you people think happens then?? is that the easy way out of this particular reality? (does not pertain to me or anyone i know)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I hope this story is true and i also hope this type of "time travel" is true.
Grief takes you to weird places and i landed here from reddit, wishing something like this would happen to me.
Maybe I'm not as lucky as OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst

I write this thread with great skepticism, however, a personal experience leaves me with more questions than answers .....

.... Let me begin years ago, .... when I was a child, .... I used to read those outrageous tabloids, claiming everything from the end of the world, .... to photoshopped pictures of a bat boy.
As unbelievable as most stories were, .... some of them were actually legit. And though I didn't believe ninety-nine percent of it, ... there was one story that has always stuck with me, ..... about a man who claimed he was able to Jump Dimensions to avoid catastrophes.
He was able to use this gift twice in his life, .... the first was when he served in the army, ..... I don't remember the exact details, ... but his plane was critically struck, ... and as they hurled toward earth, ... he shut his eyes, ... blocked everything out, .... and told himself "This is all a dream" and" this is all a dream" repeatedly.
.... Instead of hitting the ground, ... he woke up safely at his parent's house, ... was it all a dream ?? He claimed to have looked up records, ... and all of the soldiers he was serving with died in the crash just as his dream unfolded.

.... This story always stuck with me for some reason, .... and I thought If I was ever in a pinch I would at least give it a shot.

... Which brings me to my " dream"

..... I was out drinking with friends and on my way home struck a pedestrian !! I was arrested and charged with manslaughter...... Just like that, .. I'm off the streets and sitting in county jail with 7 to 10 years hanging over my head. I vividly lived through each day, ... and the routines that came with them. I sat on my bunk every night, ... in hopeless despair.... thinking of my future in prison. ..... this went on for weeks, .... and weeks. I went to sleep every night imagining myself at home, .... what my bed feels like, ... the smells, the sounds, ........
One night I went to sleep, ...... and the next morning I simply awoke at home...... I was so startled I didn't know where I was,... I thought perhaps I was dreaming of home..... only to awake back in Jail.
.... Impossible I thought, ... how could THAT of been a dream ?... I lived in it every day for weeks !!! I planned to look up the names of my fellow inmates, .... but this was more than a year ago, ... and my memory has faded.

..... Could something like this be possible ??? a quantum theory suggests that every possibility in life already exists, .... only on another plane.

... Ive had out-of-body experiences, .... and if the soul is able to leave the body .... is it not possible for it to take residence in another version of ourselves ???

..... any thoughts or experiences ???

[edit on 16-7-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

First of all, there is no "infinite"

Secondly, an article wouldn't be written talking about a "dream" saving a person unless they were talking about 'premonition', and you are deducing something different from your memory because you want to make your OP more relevant. In fact, doubt there were even tabloids about that, I think you made that up. Your dreams have nothing to do with that.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09
This thread has really made me think of some Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes. They often had some mind bending storylines.

If anyone knows what i am talking about, one called Frame of Mind.

Riker begins to question reality when he finds himself in an alien insane asylum and faces the prospect his life on the Enterprise has been a delusion.

IMDB

Also i remember one where Worf kept jumping through parallel universes.

I also quite like this quote i found:

“Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?”

Love them STNG storylines !

Good writing seems to not be of interest anymore, to them big players.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join