It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumping Dimensions : The Infinite Possiblitys Of The Soul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I write this thread with great skepticism, however a personal experience leaves me with more questions than answers .....

.... Let me begin years ago, .... when I was a child, .... I used to read those outrageous tabloids, claiming everything from the end of the world, .... to photoshoped pictures of a bat boy.
As unbeleivable as most stories were, .... some of them were actually legit. And though I didnt beleive ninety nine percent of it, ... there was one story that has always stuck with me, ..... about a man who claimed he was able to Jump Dimensions to avoid catastrophe's.
He was able to use this gift twice in his life, .... the first was when he served in the army, ..... I dont remember the exact details, ... but his plane was criticaly struck, ... and as they hurled towards earth, ... he shut his eyes, ... blocked everything out, .... and told himself " this is all a dream" " this is all a dream" repeatedly.
.... Instead of hitting the ground, ... he woke up safely at his parents house, ... was it all a dream ?? He claimed to have looked up records, ... and all of the soldiers he was serving with died in the crash just as his dream unfolded.

.... This story always stuck with me for some reason, .... and I thought If i was ever in a pinch I would at least give it a shot.

... Which brings me to my " dream"

..... I was out drinking with friends and on my way home struck a pedestrian !! I was arrested and charged with manslaughter...... Just like that, .. I'm off the streets and sitting in county jail with 7 to 10 years hanging over my head. I vividly lived through each day, ... and the routines that came with them. I sat on my bunk every night, ... in hopeless despair.... thinking of my future in prison. ..... this went on for weeks, .... and weeks. I went to sleep every night imagining myself at home, .... what my bed feels like, ... the smells, the sounds, ........
One night I went to sleep, ...... and the next morning I simply awoke at home...... I was so startled I didnt know where I was, .... I thought perhaps I was dreaming of home..... only to awake back in Jail.
.... Impossible I thought, ... how could THAT of been a dream ? .... I lived in it every day for weeks !!! I planned to look up the names of my fellow inmates, .... but this was more than a year ago, ... and my memory has faded.

..... Could something like this be possible ??? a quantum theory suggests that every possiblity in life already exists, .... only on another plane.

... Ive had out of body experiences, .... and if the soul is able to leave the body .... is it not possible for it to take residence in another version of ourselves ???

..... any thoughts or experiences ???

[edit on 16-7-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It is possible that it could have been a dream. The whole prison thing. But for it to be so vivid and so prolonged, that is doubtful. I am a heavy believer in quantum mechanics and believe this to be entirely possible. I have had one instance myself where this has happened, but I will not go into detail. Quantum jumping or parallel universes is, in my opinion, entirely possible.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What would happen to the soul that already inhabited the other version of your self when jumping from one parallel to another Was there a simultaneous shift of souls "up the ladder" so to say.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hey cool thread man.

An experience I had about an hour ago made me question what "reality" really is.

You can read about it here: www.belowtopsecret.com...

Anyway I brought up this question in the thread: if color is simply light waves interpreted by our brain, and there really is no such thing as "color" in reality, how do we know if we can trust our fallible sense?

We know there are light waves and sound waves that we cannot detect, so we have a very limited experience of "reality."

If our senses can be fooled so easily, it really makes you wonder what the totality of reality is really like.

So what do you think? How limited is the reality we experience

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

.... This story always stuck with me for some reason, .... and I thought If i was ever in a pinch I would at least give it a shot.

Favorite line i've heard from you.

Hey if you think you're going to die, hell, better give it a shot.

link   
You call it your "dream". Did this really happen to you consciously or do you call it a dream because it doesn't seem possible?

link   
reply to post by QuestionItAll

Who is to say that our "soul" is not on a higher plane of existence and is therefore able to be the soul that accompanies any and all versions of ourselves simultaneously?

And if we are linked to this higher self of ours, would it not have the capability to shift our personal perceptions to a different universe?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I definitely believe it's possible, I haven't had any experience like that, other than what I experience in dreams & OBE's. Well if it happened, then welcome to this dimension, hope it's more enjoyable than the last!

I wonder how jumping would work though like someone already pointed out, the whole soul inhabiting thing would bring up a problem, because your other body would be "soulless" or "unconscious". Unless our higher self is inhabiting all bodies at once, it just can choose which one it wants to have consciousness over. Like maybe when we dream, we are temporarily seeing what our other selves are doing and what not?

Boy if that's the case I definitely have some more interesting lives I'd like to visit! And some not so much... like the one with the giant octopus taking over my ship, no thanks.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by asmall89]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
There's an ad here on ATS for Quantum Jumping. It's the same stuff.

Is it real? Maybe.

Do I care? No.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Interesting.

But it does raise the troubling possibility that you may in fact still be sitting in jail and THIS is the dream.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I've suspected things like this are possible. I've even tried them myself in certain situations but it never worked. Fortunately though I haven't been in any situation so dire as to threaten my life or freedom for an extended period of time. Maybe it was some divine grace as well.

When you awoke at home, I don't suppose anyone else remembered you going to jail or being out drinking with you that night? Like a "reset" button was hit? Any lapse in time at all as far as you can remember? Maybe the fact that you can't remember is what allowed the possibility in the first place..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You change/jump dimensions every time you make a choice. The jump you describe would be a very very big jump, and I've never heard or experienced such a large jump before in my life.

Here are 2 posts that I think may help you a bit, I've written about this subject before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Time does not actually exist. It could be passed off as a "dream", and maybe it is. I don't know. But if it did happen, then the above 2 posts may help to explain it.

If you've ever experienced time "slow down or stop", IMO that is a larger than normal "dimension jump". Where you were actually on the path of being dead, seriously injured or whatever. But then you were shifted into a dimension where things worked out better. The "shift" results in extra "frames" being added as you traverse them, which gives the perception of slower time.

The rate in which the brain processes the "images" is called the flicker effect. It's used in subliminal advertising among other things. Changing this flicker rate, results in much more being processed/seen. As well, if you sync'd things up perfectly within the flicker rate, the person would never, ever, know the things between the "flicks".

Imagine you are on a boat in the ocean. You have a "flicker rate" of only 1 image per 5 seconds. That is a "frequency". Now, lets assume the ocean is moving at the same frequency. 1 wave peaks every 5 seconds constantly. Guess what happens? The ocean will appear static and solid. Because every "image" you saw of the ocean would appear to be exactly the same.

So, you could have say 5 people on that same boat, each with the same flicker rate, but each at different points in that frequency. Now, each of them would be viewing the same ocean, but it would appear differnt to each of them. 1 would always see the top of the wave, one at the middle, one at the bottom etc.

The only way you could see the "wave" of the ocean is when you are not in sync. Then you would see the motion of the wave and so forth. So, when you are in sync with the ocean, you see "particles" or "solids", when you are not in sync then you see the waves.

So, in such a case, to get such a jump would be like 1 person at the bottom just offsetting a single second, and the reality they see before them would be completely different.

The matrix movie btw contains a scene that is almost exactly what you are talking about. Neo meets he agents, they make his mouth disappear and such, then he wakes up in his bed and thinks it was a dream.

Even if such was just a dream, I'm guessing you probably learned a lesson from it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
... some good stuff goin on here, ..... as Toodle's pointed out, .. and as I have pondered myself, .... I dont think each incarnation of ourself posess's a different soul...... but rather one soul governing the whole she-bang. With each dimension simply bringing out a different aspect of the "super soul"

..... and thanks for pointing that out Clark Savage Jr, ..... haha, you bastard, ... I was so freaked out last night. Because I always thought that simply believing something is possible, ..... is creating the possibility for it to happen. ... Every time I closed my eyes last night I tried not to think of Jail, .... which made me think of Jail !!!! ......

.... yet Lo, .... here I am still, ... and there's probably some other sucker sitting in that Jail cell. .... ppfff, serves him right.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Great thread.

To me it seems that the higher self can indeed effect such circumstances, in essence each moment of our lives is recorded and replayed for eternity. In a groundhogs day style cyclical time setup.
Our souls ( the ones we consciously inhabit in our Earth incarnations) sort of run through the experiences in a linear fashion. Lets say time is the notes of a piece of music lets say and our souls are the instruments and player, there are many other tangents our soul can take but the overall path is just about set out.

There are countless stories of people missing time and reality being apparently "reset" to avoid life events that would be cataclysmic.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Holy hell dude, you explained it in a way that I have failed over and over again. I like this wave/flicker theory. You are basically saying that as we go through life, we are in sync with the vibration of the reality in which we live, and by offsetting that sync we would become susceptible to seeing the frequency waves and different convergences/divergences of each reality as our life choices change? And thereby granting us the ability to consciously choose which direction or reality to continue on into?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
... Yeah, the fact that some people can avoid bad situations leads me to beleive that the only destiny is what we make of it....... perhaps premonitons are simply an echo of an emotional state so tramatic it echo's through time.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I want to hear more of what badmedia has to say. The flicker effect has struck a chord in me regarding quantum jumping.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think I had a similar thing happen to me years ago when I lived In Philly and worked in Conshohocken. I was first of all forgetful about grabbing my purse to go to work. I needed my purse for lunch money, so I went in and grabbed it, however that did not hold me up long enough on the walk to the busstop, I reached the corner of the road where I'd cross to go to the busstop. I could hear awful wretched screeching of tires and could distinguish that they were coming from the road that I was on, but the other side approaching the very same intersection I was at the corner of. I saw the car, in slow motion approaching finally and then like a flicker, I blinked, but my eyes never blinked I was then several feet before the intersection and behind this thin little twig of a tree maybe two inches from the tree. The car finally jumped the curb still in slow motion and hit the tree which stopped the trajectory of the vehicle. I then preceded to go on my way and apparently unseen by people who had come along to help the driver...nobody saw me, nobody even looked my way! And I was dazed I just was really really blank(that's the best I can describe it as). When I got to work everybody asked why I was so pale and I looked like I'd seen a ghost. I told only one of my coworkers what had transpired, one I am still friends with till this day, and she stood there in disbeleif like she never expected my answer, but she knew it had to be true by looking at me. You could see it in my face. I was very shaken up.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Something like this happened to me when I was in my teens. A friend and I was joyriding down a neighborhood street close to his house. He had his foot down all the way on the accelerator. Out of no where, a family in a mid-size car pulled out in front of us. We were doing about 80 mph. To this day, I don't know how we didn't hit the car. Time seemed to slow down as the car was right in front of us. We could see the terror on the families face, and they could see ours, but somehow we passed through each other like two ghost. When we got stopped, we both looked at each other, communicating with our eyes. As to say, we will never talk about this again, and we are both blessed to be looking at each other alive right now. I haven't talked to him in years, but something intervened that night.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
... This makes me wonder why are these sorts of things only available to us in the face of catastrophe ??? ..... in the original article ( which only remains in memory) ..... they stated that in states of great panic, ... our brainwaves drasticaly change,........
In the case of near accidents, ..... Perhaps in that split second we need a miracle, .... do we, ourselves, create the conditions for a miracle to happen.
How often are we faced with our own mortality ?? ... how unlikely does it seem ? .... perhaps in the face of impossiblity's ....... does the impossible, become possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join