It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumping Dimensions : The Infinite Possiblitys Of The Soul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How do you know your not still in jail now serving your time. But you've altered your reality so you dont see yourself in prison but at home having a normal life. What if your now physicaly occupying one dimension. ie your bodys in jail. but your conciouseness is now occupying another ei your at home now reading these posts.

Very interesting subject.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The more I think about the infinite nature of the soul, the more I think this phenomenon is legit.

In quantum mechanic's it's almost as if there are no rules, and it seems that our souls reside on that plane, where everything is possible. So in that sense, I dont think it would be too much of a stretch to allow the consciousness of a single incarnation to " switch views"

now if only I can consciously harness this skill. jump dimension's untill I find the right one, ...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wow very interesting thread. Lord and Savior brings up a very good point. If our soul is living out every possible outcome of every decision we make through separate dimensions, then wouldn't our consciousness live on in another if we were to die in one. We all could have died already in one dimension or another but we made the jump to a different reality because it was not our time to go. This kind of stuff blows my mind. So what i am getting is that if you were to get in a fatal car accident today and die in this dimension people would mourn your death and life would go on, but to you the car accident never happened because you made the jump to a different dimension where you swerved out of the way.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lyon45
Wow very interesting thread. Lord and Savior brings up a very good point. If our soul is living out every possible outcome of every decision we make through separate dimensions, then wouldn't our consciousness live on in another if we were to die in one. We all could have died already in one dimension or another but we made the jump to a different reality because it was not our time to go. This kind of stuff blows my mind. So what i am getting is that if you were to get in a fatal car accident today and die in this dimension people would mourn your death and life would go on, but to you the car accident never happened because you made the jump to a different dimension where you swerved out of the way.

That's how the multiverse works it seems.
I think parallel universes exist because of the paradoxes issue. If there was one ultimate universe with no other dimensions or universes, then the universe would have been destroyed a long time ago due to a paradox created by time travel (sooner or later a civilization in the universe will get it). Parallel universes solve a lot of problems and help explain a lot of things.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but an apprentice by the name of Carlos Castenada under the tuition of a yaki indian named Don Juan wrote a number of books about the ways of a natural mystic.

In one book he recounts the time the indian made him jump into the mouth of a cliff, and with the abyss below him he jumped, and found himself coming round hundreds of miles away at his workplace! The book may have been called Ring of Fire.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Thanks, I looked into Castenada and found a website with alot of quotes and teachings of his, ....

Thank You, ... great stuff, ... right along my line of thinking, and right when I thought I knew it all comes another teacher who I had never heard of .....

The best story I heard so far, was that of " The Blue Scout" a soul which Carlos met while out of body, .... he helped the sould cross over into a physical body and helped raise her, they were friends/partners.

The crazy part is, ... right after Carlos died they found her car at the edge of death valley, abandoned, ... and a few years later her remains in the same area, .... leading me to beleive they died at the same time !!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

That was a very interesting account, OP.

But if you don't mind my imparting a tiny bit of advice: I would be wary of Castaneda.

Mind you, I have little doubt that the gist of his stories is reasonably faithful to the nature of Reality.
Nevertheless, his stories are to be taken with a huge lump of salt, in my opinion.

Here is a good book review that touches on the less endearing facets of his person and life, while also offering good insight into the impact of his "teachings":

The Dark Legacy of Carlos Castaneda

Why are those facets important?
Because ethics cannot really be divorced from profound insights.
(It's a long and complicated topic so let's leave it at that for the time being.)

P.S. Regarding Florinda Donner ("Blue Scout"), she probably committed suicide. I believe that is also mentioned in the review (but I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I read it.)

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

One night I went to sleep, ...... and the next morning I simply awoke at home...... I was so startled I didnt know where I was, .... I thought perhaps I was dreaming of home..... only to awake back in Jail.
.... Impossible I thought, ... how could THAT of been a dream ? .... I lived in it every day for weeks !!! I planned to look up the names of my fellow inmates, .... but this was more than a year ago, ... and my memory has faded.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

wait - how long ago did you get charged with this, what was the date you went to jail? are there any court records of this? does anyone else recall you spending time in jail for this charge?

so over a year ago you were sitting in jail, went to sleep, then woke up at home? and you are just now sharing this?

these things happen to me all the time, i can usually tell if i'm in the right dimension when i first wake up. if i am not in my dimension i simply say "this is not my dimension" and go back to sleep for what seems like 30 seconds, only to awaken hours later past the time i would normally sleep. this works for everyday situations where things seems "off" - try it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Nope, ... no records of it, to my viewpoint none of it ever happened. the reality of it only exists to me.

haha, I might try that trick !! and I'm gonna keep trying it untill I wake up next to Elisha Cuthbert.

a boy can dream can't he ?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

That was a very interesting account, OP.

But if you don't mind my imparting a tiny bit of advice: I would be wary of Castaneda.

Hi there. I've been reading ATS for years and finally signed up for the sake of throwing in my two cents on this topic. I'm sure it will be far from my last post.

A number of years ago (2001 or early 2002) I became acquainted with a man who had been a part of Castaneda's group on his "compound" during the 90s up until the time of his death. Although there's obviously great value in many of Castaneda's writings, the things related to me by this man brought me to the conclusion that Mr. Castaneda was at best deeply troubled and at worst a border-line sociopath. He was a cult-leader, plain and simple. Stories of women changing their names, altering their appearance, and essentially becoming his concubines should raise a lot of red flags for people here. So called "spiritual leaders" or "gurus" will often use their authority to take advantage of followers psychologically and sexually. Because it seems that his motives were so impure, it's hard for me to take seriously any of the things he wrote.

His legacy and the menacing secrecy around his group (and the disappearance of his "witches") is the sort of thing that casts a long and unflattering shadow over all of spiritualism, new age thinking, etc. It's a shame.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Hi there. I've been reading ATS for years and finally signed up for the sake of throwing in my two cents on this topic.

It's as good a reason as any, and, I am sure, better than many.

Although there's obviously great value in many of Castaneda's writings, the things related to me by this man brought me to the conclusion that Mr. Castaneda was at best deeply troubled and at worst a border-line sociopath. He was a cult-leader, plain and simple. Stories of women changing their names, altering their appearance, and essentially becoming his concubines should raise a lot of red flags for people here.

It certainly should, but experience has shown me that those who would need the most to be wary of his influence (because they are vulnerable) will often shun sites and texts that are critical of him (like the fine book review mentioned in the link posted above).

Thank you for your "2 cents".

And I hope you do write more often.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Folly

Wow, that is a shame, from what I read of his he had a unique angle on spirituality, ... and it took my mind on a segway I would have never explored, .....

so for that I thank Castenada, it's a shame he had to squander such a gift and take advantage of those who sought another way.

a good teacher I have read about is Neville Goddard for anyone whos interested, he was actually a pioneer in metaphysics/new age, and although he likes to classify things, create rules and conditions ( which make him sound like BS )

I have found him somewhat enlightening, he has a way of putting words together that help me remember.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into this Neville Goddard. In my insatiable hunger for knowledge of this type I am always willing to give a chance to someone with whom I was previously unfamiliar.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

It certainly should, but experience has shown me that those who would need the most to be wary of his influence (because they are vulnerable) will often shun sites and texts that are critical of him (like the fine book review mentioned in the link posted above).

Thank you for your "2 cents".

And I hope you do write more often.

Thanks for the thoughtful response. Yes, one of the things I have noticed on ATS is that there are people out there who will literally believe anyone about ANYthing so long as it correlates with what they *wish* to be true. That being said, there's always an abundance of thoughtful, well-informed people here, which is what has kept me coming back for years, and what has inspired me to finally join the community.

I appreciate the warm welcome. I *will* be writing more often. I think this place is going to be an important outlet for me. I don't have very many people (maybe one, really) with whom I can discuss the sort of things that are openly debated here.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Folly]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Folly

I don't know if there is an "abundance" of (actively contributing) thoughtful, well-informed people - but I am certain there is always room for one.

I really do look forward to reading more of your posts.
I am sure many others are, too.

P.S. I forgot to add that Neville Goddard was indeed a fascinating character, perhaps worth a thread of his own.
Thanks to the OP for bringing him up.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Vanitas]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

... This makes me wonder why are these sorts of things only available to us in the face of catastrophe ???

They are not.
If they exist (and I believe they do), they are there all the time, available at all times.
It's just that many - perhaps most - people tend to stay within their comfort zone and see no apparent reasons for "making waves".

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

This is true, the majority of people go through out their lives without giving this possibility any conscious thought.

they accept the world around them as real and that is that.

If we applied some careful thought and energy I wonder how far this ability could be developed, ... It took me 6 months to learn how to have Out Of Body Experiences, after that I beleive anything is possible.

However it would suck to attempt to Jump into a better dimension and end up back in Jail !! haha.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Nope, ... no records of it, to my viewpoint none of it ever happened. the reality of it only exists to me.

haha, I might try that trick !! and I'm gonna keep trying it untill I wake up next to Elisha Cuthbert.

a boy can dream can't he ?

haha yea, keep dreaming about elisha...but so lemme get this straight - you're talking to your friends and are like "hey remember when i got locked up for hitting that pedestrian" and they do not recall that event? dreams can feel very real....

i also noticed new posts here, but did not see them on the "recent posts" page - different reality? i tend to think that electronic devices are sort of "anchors" in various realities - ever notice how sometimes a device behaves strangely one day and fine the next with no explanation?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

"these things happen to me all the time, i can usually tell if i'm in the right dimension when i first wake up. if i am not in my dimension i simply say "this is not my dimension" and go back to sleep for what seems like 30 seconds, only to awaken hours later past the time i would normally sleep"

Utterly fascinating, would you mind going into a little more detail about your experiences in other dimensions, and how they affect your current dimension... thank you!

Lately, every night I am dreaming, I am visiting a different parallel reality- where most of it is the same as my current reality- but something is off- either im dying of cancer (which im not) or my mom is dead (which she is not) or im living in a communist society (which im not) and lately these dreams have really gotten disturbing to me....

I feel when I wake up glad that I was released from having to experience anymore of that reality but I also feel like it is changing me. And I am very unsure about it.

Most often when I dream, I visit another dream world that is not a parallel reality but these most recent dreams, where I am visiting parallel realities- I am awakening changed- somehow- inside- and yet completely and utterly helpless to change anything in my current situation in my life.

If there were a way to control this-- any of it- where do we start???

[edit on 8-2-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This Situation also happened to me when i was a kid, I was at a cousins house when i was about 6 and i was really homesick, so much so that i tried to recreate my room , the looks, the smell, the feel in my mind and strangely enough , i woke up in my room.

I bring this up only as a possible theory on how it works, in my lane jump, it was a practical identical reality , only difference being that i never went to my cousins house that weekend, my parents knew nothing of this but i clearly remembered the trip, my parents seemed to agree with me on events previous to this so thats how similar this reality was.

A friend of mine once was told me that alternative realities were very close and the closer they were the more identical they were reality wise.

1 single lane jump may be hardly noticeable, try 10 and your car is differnt, 50 your house, 1000 your country etc. these numbers are simply hyperthoeical obviosuly

he said that universes ended all the time and people simply switch to the next one, a quantum suicide type event.

any thoughts

[edit on 8-2-2010 by mouldy crumpet]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join