It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

250 Peru children die of cold weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...

Monday, 13 July 2009
Almost 250 children under the age of five have died in a wave of intensely cold weather in Peru, BBC reports.

Children die from pneumonia and other respiratory infections every year during the winter months particularly in Peru's southern Andes.

But this year freezing temperatures arrived almost three months earlier than usual.

Experts blame climate change for the early arrival of intense cold which began in March.

Winter in the region does not usually begin until June.

The extreme cold, which has brought snow, hail, freezing temperatures and strong winds, has killed more children than recorded annually for the past four years.

Perhaps there isn't global warming as much as a cooling effect, especially in the southern hemisphere. It's sad that the kids, elderly and infirm have to bare the brunt of climate change; at least that is the way it seems in the third world.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What I would like to ask God, or whoever rules us, is why do you let children die?

This is so sad, I cannot understand why.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'd rather ask my fellow Americans and westerners how when we live like gluttons other children die from something as simple as cold weather? If there is a god what better way to make us take notice than to say hey look at all you fools spending $250 on designer jeans and $400 on cell phones. There are children in your world dying of cold.

So while you sit there and ask god why......he's probably up there shaking his head saying to you........why the hell do you think? We are all on this Earth for the same reason. To love one another. I feel ashamed at times to live in such an industrialized nation and know there are children in the world that are starving and freezing to death. We should all feel guilty. That's probably what god would tell you. So don't ask him....ask yourself and your fellow human beings. Asking god why is taking the easy way out and lifting the blame off of us humans who inhabit the world.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have a friend who lives in Molendo on the coast of Peru , I'll ask her what she thinks of this cold snap

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Okay now this whole weird weather thing going on is scaring me. Here in Maine and NH and my husband even said ohio, we've been experiencing cold weather here too. I go outside in the morning and it feels like fall. This is July, we should be so darn hot, we are ready to scream, but nope it's been too cold. I have only worn my shorts 3 times this summer!! Plus, we are getting rain almost everyday, my kids and I have not been outside. We haven't been able to go swimming! Something is up with the weather. plus on weather. gov they said El Nino is back, they said this on July 9th. So that could also play a factor on the weather. We were looking forward to our first summer here in Maine but I feel summer was here in April and May, that was when we had the 80-90 degree weather!!

Are we in for a shift? My husband and I seem to think so, and the whole global warming crap, isn't so real as we are cooling, not heating up!! Any ideas thoughts?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Experts blame climate change for the early arrival of intense cold which began in March.

"Journalists" will throw that one into any and every story where weather is involved in any tragedy won't "they"? You might start to think "experts" blame climate change for everything.

I mean, I literally am rarely disappointed when I just assume it will be brought up regardless of whether there was a tornado or hurricane or whether it is some documentary on one of the finer informative cable channels. If it's about the earth in any way shape or form "climate change" and "global warming" get their mention nearly invariably.

This is why GW was renamed. Just to be sure and hedge the bet.

Blah. I don't do remedial instruction. *stop*

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Uh uh no way should we let them get away with that 'climate change' terminology. Nice try with the weasel words. Admit that the fear-mongering authorities have it exactly backwards as usual. No they predicted global warming and they are wrong. The Russian climatologists who predict global cooling are probably more accurate.

new topics

top topics

join