It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New theory suggests that we may not be alone after all

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Relativity does indeed suck.
Spooky action at a distance blows.
The grand procession of the galaxy was known and calculated by the ancient Mayans.
The great alignment is schedualed for sometime in 2012, except our calendar is not the same as the Mayan Long Count calendar.
Maybe 2012 means only that the Mayans got tired of making a calendar and quit when they ran out of room on the rock.
We do however have an idea where the "big bang" or the achievement of critical mass was exceeded.
We can hear the echoes.
If the universe is expanding, the most distant point from where the echo of creation is should be older than points nearer to that occurance.
Yes, it is postulated that the universe expanded instantly in all directions, but this is not reduced to theory, it remains hypothesis, even Albert (The Brain) knew he didn't have the data to make his unified field theory work out.
At any time one can find scientists to support hypothetical universal expansion in practicaly any configuration you wish to write out.
I have hundreds of pages of my own equations attempting to prove Albert Einstein's work with more modern observations and measurements.
I can't.
I do however stand by the belief that older technology using civilisations exist, and may pre-date our own existance by millions of years.
We are not the crown of creation.
BTW
Schrodinger's kitteh lived.
Since there was an observer, the conditions for the gunshot could not be met.
The observer?
The Kitteh.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I have no doubt that we are far from alone in this galaxy and universe.

However... assuming that this is indeed true, there must have been a race of beings at some point in the distant past who were 'the first'. In essence, the only race of beings intelligent enough to fathom the universe and ponder the question, "Are We Alone?"

I can imagine them in their industrial revolution period, looking up at strange, natural phenomena in their skies and surrounding space, suggesting that they were being visited by advanced beings from another planet. They would have pointed out that there were trillions of stars and statistically, it was more than plausible that a fraction of those stars also had life bearing planets like their own solar system.

How wrong they were eh! Given that they didn't destroy themselves first, can you imagine how disappointed and alone they would have felt when they finally journeyed into the stars only to find nothing? Just a few microbes here and there... but no one like them. No one to exchange ideas and knowledge with, no one to hold a conversation with, no one higher evolved to learn from.

Perhaps they seeded life on other planets just so they wouldn't be alone?

With all that in mind, wouldn't it be awful to learn that we were the 'first'?

IRM

[edit on 17/7/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Great! Thanks for sharing this!! Im a little late in my reading here.. So Im just trying to get caught up on many of my friends posts!

This is good stuff for those people who are still unsure if this could be true or not..

But me.. Well Im stead fast in my knowledge that there is Absolutely no way we are totally alone in this universe..
I mean I don't want to say impossible.. Or I would counter act everything i say.. So its possible.. Just highly unlikely..heheh ya know..

Just the vast nature of this universe has to lead to some kind of life somewhere!! And not all life has to be life as we know it either..

For all we know at this point.. Our sun could contain lifeforms..
But lifeforms that we are not able to either see with our eyes.. Or sense with our human equipment!!

Theres just so much out there.. That could be.. And so much that we human can neither see, touch, taste or feel..

And thats just one dimension of the fraction! There are all those other dimensions! And so many possible outcomes!
Then we go into that there are even more universes than our own universe!
Thus the chances of us humans being all that is.. Is kinda like saying..
Im the only human on planet EArth.. And there are no other beings other than me sitting here on my computer!!
The facts are staring us right in the face!!!

Anyway.. thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Oops!

[edit on 043131p://f53Friday by Bob Down Under]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well, actually it should be known by now that you don't have to go out there to discover if there are other lifeforms that are human like.

All that is needed is more attention being paid right here on this Planet.

Long ago I was told by these Beings that the symbols in Peru.... Nasca where directional locators for different species coming here.

All we need to do is monitor the waters of our own Planet. The ships are air and water ships. As I was told, we are safe and secure there is no equipment made on Earth that can reach us, as you can see we are in your waters, in the deepest of your waters.

You know 70% of Earth is covered in water and the ships can go in and come out where ever they need to. It is very easy for them to not be seen and if they did choose to come up right in front of us there is not much we could do because the ships are simply to incredibly fast.

What I believe..... one problem with Scientist is..... they are thinking of what elements are needed for life but there are many species that appear human like that can not survive on a Planet like Earth because of there makeup and they can not breathe our air because there is to much oxygen in it.

What we need for survival is not what other human like species need. We can't survive in there atmosphere and they can't survive in ours.

So as plain as I can say, there are Beings that are just as Terrestrial as you and I but in our terminology they can also be considered Extraterrestrial because they can travel the Universe and this Universe is still being mapped by the many different species, it is vast.

Only sharing the things they have shown or told me and since most are still in the baby stages of discover it simply comes down to time will tell.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Fast and simple math say :

Atleast 400 planets in the Milkyway can supprt life as we know it with our needs and conditions to sustain life.

Or 800 if you take into consideration that not all life are like life on earth.

Simple math..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Long ago I was told by these Beings that the symbols in Peru.... Nasca where directional locators for different species coming here.

Really? That seems highly illogical.

Think: Extraterrestrial beings, and their very advanced science. They have vehicles allowing them to travel, somehow, vast distances through Space and/or other Dimensions to get to the Earth, and they are greeted with markings of stones and drawings laid out on plateaus in the Andes?!?!

This is a little like flying a SuperSonic jetliner halfway around the World, using GPS and all the current technology we have today, then guiding the jet to landing by having it follow rocks laid out in patterns on the ground!!!

I suggest a re-think there.....

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
it is arrogant to assume we're the only intelligent life, mankind's always wanted to be the special ones, it happened with religion with the whole 'created in god's image' kak, and it's happened with scince, scientists trying to make humankind out to be the pinnacle of evolution.
And if we found intelligent life, what standards of intelligence are we going by? our own? there could be a species out there vastly more intelligent than us, but their way of thinking is so different than ours, would we even see it as intelligence? or would we do what we do with just about every other species on our own planet "they don't think like us, so they can't be intelligent"

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well maybe the aliens didn't want to hurt the locals' feelings ...
Did you ever think of that?

Locals: "We wanted to help, so we did these lines here"
Aliens: "Thanks a bunch, we really needed those"

Having mocked all that ...

The interesting stuff in that area is not the lines but rather the perfectly cut tops of mountains which match no other geological features in the area. Way too big and level to be carved out by man and no natural process to explain them.

So there's that.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by DaMod
It is impossible to determine how life would develop / evolve elsewhere without any test cases (aka other inhabited worlds).

You know, I look at this a little differently.

If this paper shows us anything is that the probabilities of intelligent life increase proportionally to our dimensional (time in this case) understanding and eventually awareness.

Linear time is a uniquely human construct. We persist with this 'belief' because it is convenient to the mind. Ironically, it is fact one of the least understood of the mind made creations. Even as quantum mechanics and observed string theory keep deconstructing this notion we still cling to it.

My belief is, and it is merely a belief, that as we shed this mental addiction/prison of linear time a whole new universe will reveal itself to us. And in this new state of awareness, many life forms will manifest with whom we've been sharing space all along.

Ahhh, I agree with this. Time is very much a prison that humans have created for themselves.

Meanwhile, I'm shocked at the amount of people who don't believe in alien life. Considering the size of the infinitely-expansive Universe, it's the height of ignorance and conceit to assume we are alone...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Way too big and level to be carved out by man and no natural process to explain them.

I don't know....never studied whether this is possible or not, but suppose there was a large ancient body of water, before the Andes were formed, thrust upwards?

A flat bottom bed for that large body of water???

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Really? That seems highly illogical.

Think: Extraterrestrial beings, and their very advanced science. They have vehicles allowing them to travel, somehow, vast distances through Space and/or other Dimensions to get to the Earth, and they are greeted with markings of stones and drawings laid out on plateaus in the Andes?!?!

I can come up with a logical story....

Those places were where aliens landed and interacted with mankind and after the aliens left our ancestors built those symbols in hopes of their return while never understanding the aliens had a GPS.

But then maybe they built them to please their gods... wait gods were aliens, hmmm proof postives here I must say.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join