It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New theory suggests that we may not be alone after all

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by amyfriend

Oh yes, once we create FTL capable spacecraft (if it is possible or if our government has not already
) we will be opened up to a MUCH larger world full of life. Some less intelligent than us, some the same or more. For that day I personally can not wait.

Once? rather big dreamer my friend, and just a quick and easy way to skirt around the very big barrier of space.

It worked for a TV show but then this is not Star Trek. One big assumption of yours is that even if this was possible the likelihood that anything larger than a subatomic partial could do this would be small to almost impossable much less a ship with humans on it.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
It is my opinion that the total sum of human intellectual knowledge to date would amount to .0000000000000001% of x. (not being scientific with them zeros, just making a point) And a fruit fly has let's say 0 such intellectual knowledge.

You see where I'm going with this ...

Yeah, but you also run into Xeno's Paradox when you start talking about infinities. Sure, the total amount of human intellectual knowledge will (probably) increase, but there will likely never be a point at which we know everything there is to know. There will always be a small percentage of stuff we don't know, and as a percentage of infinity, a small percentage is practically the same as a huge amount, since one of the things we'll likely never know is exactly how much knowledge there is to be had in the universe. There will always be an "X" factor, and that might be where the aliens are hiding.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedonjuan
All this evidence seems to point to the fact that it is highly unlikely for there NOT to be ET life in the universe.

Without an understanding as to how the various chemicals all mushed together at just the right time and in just the right proportions, combination, and structure to create life, it doesn't matter how much carbon or water or heat is on a planet, or how many planets or how many stars with planets. We just don't know. And there's no "likely" or "unlikely" there.

You can't just assume that if you put all the components in a bag and shake them long enough, life will happen. If you take something simple, like a computer, and take it completely apart and put it in a box and shake it, how long do you think it would take for it to randomly assemble itself into a working computer? Now try it with all the molecules necessary to create DNA, which is even then only alive if you can contain it inside a cell with a way to chemically activate it. Also considering that movement tends to increase entropy, not encourage the formation of complicated structures. How long do you think that might take?

I don't know. I can speculate that it takes such a very, very long time that it's not unlikely that it might only happen once in the entire history of the universe. But that's just speculation. Because I don't know how long it would take. And without knowing that, it's essentially impossible to figure out how probable it is. We know it happened once, so we know it's possible for it to happen once. But there's no telling if it ever did or will happen someplace else, ever or ever again.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
infinity is a reflection of being alive.

point 2

life has nothing to do with being human "objectively"

Life is a parameter of the Universe.

The word death is an illusion, and why? were did you come from?

Life and death "or not death" right?

why? because the word death is the same thing as life you just can not see it because if you could you would be "Dead" ; )

creation is not a matter of being alive or dead but what makes BOTH work

so what makes you so special? well... being here is what

if you was not needed in this vastness you would not be here talking on ATS...

when people come up with crack pot ideas i do wonder why and what method of reasoning they use?

stop look up... that thing you call the universe is a reflection of how you mind works

that is why it has no shape, does your mind have a shape?

; ) not so complex after all is it? nah its not its as simple as the wings of a butterfly

symmetry dear fellow and just to add... the reason for all of this?

someone is asking why they are here... "question" = chaos , resulting into order choice

life / death = answers

thats why god does not care... he does not even know you are here

aliens on the other hand... they stoped asking why they are here and got on with the job of STAYING here

; ) space is a big as your mind

and it gets bigger the more you measure it

like reading a book ; )

Funny to say the least.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It doesn't matter about equations. The point being, that a race of Aliens, known as the Greys, have traveled to our planet and are abducting humans, creating crop circles, performing cattle mutilations, and work directly with secret government agencies.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

well it does if you wish to prove that we are not alone.

here is a question as stated above..

does your mind have a shape? and do not confuse that with your brain

and were did you come from be for you was dead?

was you not created ? so death is a bad word... why? because many see death as in "going to hell or going to heaven"

i ask so were did i come from be for this? just wished here by god? for what? so i can live in infinity in one of his "gifts"?

seems silly does it not?

who cares about aliens? if this is the case and many may in fact say its true.

we as a race had better ditch god ASAP... he created aliens aswel if that is the case..

what would be the logic in that? or does he not care...

Im sure if you walked up to a lion to ask it questions the only logic it would have would be to EAT YOU

the rules are there are no rules

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

if you compare space to the size of a human... you would not even come close to a sub atomic partial LOL

the thing that gets me.. and this is the cracker.. people question some things

when the very FACT they are here to do so out calculates the rest.. why?

because you the one asking the questions

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
^Your post made me think of, "When are our souls created?"

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

see now you understand

many people talk about the body being a cup / vessel

its true

being here was the gift its up to us what one wish to do.. because that is the very same method that created US and alll life in the universe.

It mad the microbe and the whale "trying to put it into scale"

most of the pain and suffering on this planet.. is MAN made not god.. the only thing god "and i do not like that word personally" was to BE here.

why does a child starve in africa? MAN.. why does a man rape a woman? MAN.. why do people get killed? MAN

this has nothing to do with being created but it has everything to do with our society and mans "wish" to know everything..

a man sat on a rock and wondered why he was here...then it struck him the very reason he was asking was the very answer ; )

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
No matter how remote the chances are that life can form in any given set of conditions, you still end up with a helluva chance for life when you multiply the actual number of times life could form by the staggering number of situations out there.
The universe is so vast, I propose there is an example of every kind of life we can imagine. But, again, because the universe is so vast, the chances of being within a reasonable distance for contact are remote.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by denursty

only if you think in a liner fashion

people tend to think OUR universe is the only universe "big mistake"..

we are aware of other dimensions, the implications of this factor gives rise to the theory of the multiverse..

the universe is a vast as a question in your head

how would one formulate a question without a environment to do so?

so.. in this respect aliens would not need to come from OUR universe / dimension.

the fact you are here gives the very reason for "them" to be there

or why would you be here? if we take science as fact as we understand it

it indeed "the universe" created life on planet earth... do you think the universe makes mistakes?

"freak of nature" ? is that all we are? life? a freak of nature?

im sorry but everything in the universe has ORDER .. and life is just one of many ORDERS

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't know how it all works but from what I have lived and experienced I can and will share this with you.

I don't want arguments over my sanity let's get beyond that please just open your minds a little. (let them brains hang on out a little)

Maybe there can/will be something at some moment in time that will bring to light things we don't understand about the Soul, but this is what I know and have experienced dealing with the Soul.

First this deals with Grey's. There are differences with Grey's such as tinges in the skin colors, brows, head formation slightly and so on but there are not great differences.

I was a Grey (knock it off I know what your thinking) I was on the ship with friends just like myself we were in a circle, over slightly was another group also in a circle and these Grey's were very tall I had never seen any of us that tall before. One in our group said they are the Elder's the Creator's. I believe Grey's are Soul's good and bad souls that the Elders-Creator's can transfer into different life forms.

Our group moved over toward the Elder's (the room was dimly lit --somewhat) the ones in my group turned and left the area and there I stood alone with these Elders. One "Being" asked me if I wanted to come to Earth to help the Human race when it was time, I asked was it for there good and the response was, yes it was for the good..... so I agreed to come here and help the human race when it was time.

Now I am with one being and I am being told that when I become human I will become stupid and they would come to me when they could in my human lifetime.

As you can imagine,,,,HENCE, when I was little I started to have experiences and they allowed me to remember who I was and my life here has been of observing and learning and sharing weather it be good or not so good.

I can write these things because I know they are not believed but information is getting through to some people and they will understand the truth...this is the way it works. Plant the seed observe the growth.

So the Soul inside my human body is that of a good Grey Soul that is here to help bring in the New Beginning (it's coming by Mar. 17, 2046) I have been programmed with the Cures for all known Viruses and they will activiate this program when it is time and it will not be until then.

I have lived with this and I have watched my own family members die and there is nothing I could do..... this has not been easy nor is it easy to see humans suffer everyday BUT I understand there is a time and place for everything and as they say, "whatever is to be will be."

Grey's you might say can be good Souls or not so good Souls or in human termiinology Angels and Demons.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Schrodingers dog,

I basically never look at Avatars they have to catch my eye like Zorgon's for example.

I just went back to page one and my heart tinkered for a second when I saw your Avartar.

As you can see I do not have an Avatar because I could never find the right one to fit how I felt in my heart about the beauty and life on this Planet. I have been searching for your Avartar and never found it and I am glad you did.

Your Avatar to me would be the gift I would give to the human race and tell them you need this tree and many more like it for life and you are destroying them instead of replenishing them.

The Tree of Life.

You Avatar is exactly what mine would have been, thank you for finding it and using it here.

You have made an old women happy with something so simple.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

In consideration of those who refuse to open their eyes to the greater Reality, Those "in-The-Know" rely on certain information which is little known in 'public-circles."

"In the spring of 1984, FIGU members in Switzerland began meditating with the so-called PEACE MEDITATION.

"Organized by our extraterrestrial friends from the Plejares, this peace meditation was intended to initiate a turn for the better in the terrestrial humankind's future. The intent was that through the emission of powerful and logical impulses, a positive polarity can be forged to counteract the negative "force field" surrounding the Earth much like a huge bell, which influences the terrestrial population and all nature. This negative force field was established, and continues to be entrenched, by several centuries of religious-sectarian, extremist and deteriorated terrestrial human thinking.

"To reverse this negative energy, therefore, the concept has been to produce dynamic "counter impulses," which the extraterrestrials would send to Earth via a telemeter disk hovering high above the Semjase-Silver-Star-Center, coupled with some other devices and the assistance of over 3.5 billion humans within the Plejaran federation.
"

These 3.5-Billion working for Peace on our Planet are added to the approximate 3,800 Humans ON Earth which currently participate in the Salome Peace Meditation. This Global Meditation takes place on the first and third weekend every month, with growing numbers of participants.

The Focused meditation uses the words: SAALOME GAM NAAN BEN UURDA, GAN NJJBER ASAALAH HESPOROONA from the old Lyrian language, which translates to mean: "Peace Be On Earth, And Among All Beings."

www.theyfly.com...

~~~~~* ~~~~~* ~~~~~* ~~~~~* ~~~~~*

Human being types in the known Creation (according to The Plejaren Federation)

Type . . . . . . . . . . Description

Humanoids = Like the Plejaren themselves and the Earth humans

Amphiboids = People who resemble animals that live in the water; they live on land and in water, like Asina and her people

Reptileoids = Human-reptilian forms with a skin covered with scales

Insectoids = Human-insectoid forms; their skin having a chitin quality

Sauroids = Human-sauropode form, their skin resembling that of an elephant

Primatoide = Human-primate form with more hair on his skin than the Earth human

Condicoids = Humanoids who are capable to move along through levitation, like the ones who were seen sitting on the roof of the SSSC

Teropoids = Human-birdlike body with a long neck, face and beak-like mouth

Hydroids = Human-fishlike body, who are living in the water, but can leave it for longer periods

Thermoids = Humanoids who are living in hot zones of very high temperature

Frigoroids = Humanoids who are living in regions with very low temperatures

Aërioids = Humanoids who are breathing poisonous gas or living in different gas environments, respectively

Acoroids = Humanoids of humanoid body, whose skin is covered by a fine acid layer, as it is the case with the Trilaner (Trilans).

Floroids = Humanlike and diverse plant bodies

Kentauroids = Life forms with part human, part horse-like bodies

Faunoids = Bodies part human, part animals with hooves

Cheruboids = Very light human life forms, with wings with which they are capable to fly

Seraphoids = Very light life forms with a human-animal body, with feathered wings by which they are able to fly

These, despite their various external Body types and Forms, are all Humans.

What makes them Human? = It is the HUMAN SPIRIT within which defines Humanness.

Human types

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Alone? Who declared that we are alone? The premise is off. No one knows for sure yet, but the universe is too big not to contain other life forms. It's just a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
WOW....This brought "um all out" didn't it?

Really though, some VERY interesting stuff here. Of course every thing from "humanoids with an acid layer on their skin" to "we are alone in the Universe" is up for debate. All we all are arguing at this point (on a collective level) is probabilities. Just a comment...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

if you compare space to the size of a human... you would not even come close to a sub atomic partial LOL

I'm not associating the size of a human to the size of the universe, I’m actually saying sub atomic partials like quarks and neutrinos hehe.

the thing that gets me.. and this is the cracker.. people question some things

when the very FACT they are here to do so out calculates the rest.. why?

because you the one asking the questions

I'm not questioning life I'm questioning our ability to meet that life.... You all are so quick to say how big the universe is and that life is there, but you all want to make it a trip around the block when it suits you....hehe

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You really can't generalize from a single case. Even trying to generalize from many cases is error-prone.

There is a good chance that, since life developed here, it probably developed elsewhere. I can't think of any plausible reason why we should be the single exception in the Universe, the lone example of life.

Even if there is life elsewhere, it may be that we never find it, never make contact. The closest star to us is 4.3 light years away, meaning that if we send a message there today, it would take close to 9 years to get a response. In order to get *any* response, the other side would need to have radio technology, and to be listening. Contact with anyone else would require much longer - hundreds or thousands of year, for this galaxy. The next closest galaxy is much too far for communications of any sort.

I don't see it as a sad thing, if we never make contact. Why should that make us feel lonely? We've got billions of people to talk to right here. The notion that our lives are futile if some alien culture doesn't know about it isn't valid. After all, no matter what we do, life will come to an end for all cultures eventually. To say that, because life inevitably ends, it is therefore meaningless is similar to claiming that I shouldn't tie my shoes in the morning, because I'll just have to untie them at night. The meaning of life is in the living, not in its being eternal.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It would seem to me that planets further from the center of the universe would harbor the oldest bloomings of life.
Intelligent life is everywhere you look on this good Earth, just because we don't carry on conversations with gnats doesn't mean they are not self aware.
They certainly seem to know all a gnat needs to know about the world it inhabits.
As for thier education, or social networks...guess you could ask a gnat,
I aint got a clue.
But the oldest parts of the universe have had quite some time to see old suns die, new suns be born, and the rise of intelligent life is a given. Technologically advanced civilisations have risen and fallen, but some have undoubtedly explored and populated distant parts of the universe, probably moving toward the big bang, the dawning of the universe, knowing that younger planets offer extended time for more of thier kind to populate new worlds, and seed nearby worlds.
We exist within a very narrow frequency range, in the backwater of an unremarkable spiral arm in the milky way.
Our love for making things go boom, and sending out every kind of signal we can produce, may have gotten the attention of "others."
Beings operating at frequencies we cannot detect may be all about us, perhaps aware of us, perhaps not, we may pass through thier world unawares as they ours, our nukes may have intruded on thier reality.
Perhaps some of the "high strangeness quotient" of some UFO sightings reflect the shifting of some other beings conveyance to a frequency we are able to observe.
Maybe they do it to look at us, and wonder...
"If they don't taste good, do ya think they'll make good pets?"

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luminaught

It would seem to me that planets further from the center of the universe would harbor the oldest bloomings of life.

Ah, I wish it were that simple:

There is no centre of the universe! According to the standard theories of cosmology, the universe started with a "Big Bang" about 14 thousand million years ago and has been expanding ever since. Yet there is no centre to the expansion; it is the same everywhere. The Big Bang should not be visualised as an ordinary explosion. The universe is not expanding out from a centre into space; rather, the whole universe is expanding and it is doing so equally at all places, as far as we can tell. *

Relativity sucks!

There, I said it!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join