It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran opposition leader, wife visit slain man's family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Iran opposition leader, wife visit slain man's family

iran.whyweprotest.net< br />

Reporting from Beirut - Iran's leading opposition figure and his wife emerged Tuesday night to pay their respects to the family of a 19-year-old man slain during recent weeks of violence, according to witnesses and reports on news websites.

Mir-Hossein Mousavi and his popular wife, Zahra Rahnavard, visited the family of Sohrab Aarabi in Tehran, paying tribute to the teenager whose death and whose mother's desperate weeks-long quest to find her son have emerged as a symbol of the protest movement against President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Photographs posted on the Gooya website showed the c
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yesterday and today, Iranian protesters on Twitter and other media sites are describing a violent crackdown on the demonstrators, who had renewed their activities after about two weeks of calm, by the Basij and other enforcement agents. There were stories of dead bodies being delivered to their families' homes and people being killed in the streets. Many of these tweets and other posts were written in haste, often as news traveled quickly to them, so it's difficult to separate the rumors from the facts. It's certain, though, that today authorities hanged 13 members of the outlawed militant group, Jundallah.

Mir-Hossein Mousavi, whose defeat in the Iranian elections spurred the protest movement in the first place, has recently been lying low. His emergence today signals perhaps the gravity of the crackdown and/or perhaps Mousavi's resolve to continue to comfort and once more to lead his loyal supporters.

iran.whyweprotest.net< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
People have visited this thread but nobody's posted yet.

Are people no longer interested in what's happening in Iran?

What happens to the green revolution will affect the middle east and Iranian-American relations for many years to come.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Every door was kicked in, broken. I wonder how many people were behind those doors and what happened to them.

Lots of devastation. This is the dorm, huh? A translation of the text in the video would be helpful.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Yes, it would help if I knew Farsi, but unfortunately I do not. I'll do a search.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wasn't asking you for a translation, I was asking ATS at large.

Not unlike my threads, this one is being ignored for the most part so no help with the translation.

Pretty big community here, one would think this video would garner attention. Weird community here, also. I do have some simple questions about it and some expert analysis would be nice - like was that truck dragged there? I don't see any residue of burned rubber from the tires and such. And how about the fire damage, were they firing into the dorm? Kind of looks like it but I am no expert.

Bad scene, whatever happened.

top topics

join