It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama got booed at the ALL-Star game?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I respect your opinion, and many time find it in line with my own.

I equally respectfully disagree with you on this one...
The people that booed were sending a very clear message that otherwise could only be sent with some hypothetical and doctored "approval rating".

The man is flushing our Republic and Constitution down the toilet, socializing our country, and wracking our children's children with an untenable debt, more so than any other POTUS before.

Like I said, I would have thought MORE people would have booed... Especially at a ballpark!

I don't know... I try to go to a lot of sporting events, and there is always booing.

I wish I could afford to go to a game or two this season, but I have other priorities.

To each his own, Mr. Philpott...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Yes...all hail the KING of the United States...lest not ye express your disapproval of those who hold office over ye SIMPLE "SERFS"... because it makes others wince in agony...of thy sacred office.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The majority cheered and so it was certainly a very small but noticeable minority who booed.

Nevertheless, it's wrong and I just wanted to express that sentiment.

We show respect for the office in such situations.

In the US, we have appropriate venues to express our discontent with government.

We don't need to tarnish the All-Star game with that kind of behavior.

My opinion won't change things, but I said it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Therin lies the caveat: Respect the office, not the man. Learned that little phrase from my senior drill instructor during the Clinton years.

Like I said, I respect your willingness and conviction to state your opinion clearly and in such a non partisan manner.

You are truly a man's man. We need more like you in this country, and less "manscaped", hyper sensitive, knee jerk, sissies.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhobia

Sorry but I wasnt trying to look for an excuse... just merely trying to point out an sporting fact that correlates to an current sporting event.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

So the people of the United States should only be allotted GOVERNMENT sanctioned, designated areas where they can voice their disapproval.

Hopefully, King Obama will set-up a Office of Disapproval Department with a Czar who will heard us all to the correct "disapproval areas" where people will not be offended by us "unsportsmanlike serfs".

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
We don't need to tarnish the All-Star game with that kind of behavior.

You know, honestly, I'd prefer if sports ceased with political figures doing ceremonial things at all. You're just asking for trouble when they show up...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Dude YOU introduced family members to your vitriol, not I. You shouldn't bring them into discussion lest they become fair game.

Thanks for your life story, fascinating. Sounds like men are real men where you come from. Bet the gene pool only has a shallow end round them parts.

Note to self: avoid visiting that place.

OT:

There are certain venues where decorum and protocol trump partisan bickering. Since Baseball is America's favorite past time and the Commander in Chief is the highest office, I would have expected Sportsmanlike conduct. I would have hoped that respect and dignity would prevail.

I suppose the "Tea Party" crowd is miffed since their movement has become decaffeinated.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I think that any public person that chooses to make a public appereance knows the risk involved especially politicians and like it or not President Obama is still a politican that happens to be our POTUS. He knew before hand that this could happen and although I dont personally liked it I dont certainly mind people doing it if they feel like it. They did it to Bush and Cheney in a more horrible fashion and of all places at the Washington DC Nationals ballpark in DC of all places.

He knew this could happen, it comes with the territory.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

No its alright, I was just being sarcastic. People make mistakes. I double checked my claim to make sure I didn't, so no problems here. Sorry if I come off too serious, I am good for that sometimes. We have a lot more to worry about, especially when it comes to the future of this country, than arguing about something so trivial as to which teams were beat by another almost three years ago

All is well for the time being, but it may not be soon if we, as a populous, do not wake and stand up to the radical and restricting laws that the current regime would like to push through the House and Senate

[edit on 14-7-2009 by JPhobia]

[edit on 14-7-2009 by JPhobia]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, until I read that my night in the factory had been crappy, now I'm in a better mood.

Obama "boo"ed, America is waking up. I hope he has used all of his appeal, no more Obama-Legislation please(cap and trade, health care, no more freaking czars).

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

A bit off topic but here it goes:

The Tea Party crowd is just getting angry because we are a group who realizes the horrible effects that some of the current administration's possible plans and laws will have on the future freedoms of this country's people. Yet we are shut down by most of the media, with basically only one news station giving any more than a nod to our existence. It is always frustrating when the liberal elite start shutting down any conservative movement, especially when they do it by using their pets in the media

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

No it's not unacceptable, he is our president and we have every right to boo him, question or disagree with him. Since there are free speech zones in existence now that violate the first amendment, a venue such as a baseball game is perfect to let the voice be heard.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It's unacceptable to boo the president of the United States, I don't care what your beef is.

It is especially egregious to taint the national pastime with such boorish behavior.

As common as it is these days, it is never acceptable to boo anyone.

It's rude, crude, and unsportsmanlike.

I couldn't disagree more. This goes beyond sports. That man is messing with my money.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I agree with this... Why was it ok to boo Bush or Cheney, but is totally unacceptable to boo (and this is my OPINION of the man, not the office) this clown?

Not only that, but this just rolls off his back, I'm sure. The "chosen one" is beyond caring what his constituency thinks of him. I'm sure he only hears cheers in his head, no matter what the volume of the boos would have been. That's called out of touch- to a degree of being delusional!

To the other poster that was defending the Tea parties... First, I would not worry about posting off topic too much. It's been done many times already by the poster to whom you are replying to. I will warn you though, not to be drawn into that person's "game"... I have replied to the personal attacks via U2U, as they have absolutely no place in the thread, much less the forum. It's way beneath the collective intelligence of the forum to be drawn into this childish game.

Some people just get off on conflict at the expense of others, I suppose. I'm not really up to date on forum lingo, me being from such a shallow gene pool and all... Is that the definition of "troll"?

Edit: clarity

[edit on 14/7/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If you listen to only the drivel the MSM feeds us about BO you would think he's likely to be the second coming of Christ. I'm glad we can have the opportunity to show him how we feel. Let's face it, you don't get many chances to be heard by the POTUS.

I sure as hell wouldn't have cheered or clapped for the guy
or his beloved

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yahoo Sports did an article on it and they say he definetely got booed.

Though Obama was roundly cheered by the All-Star fans, his live presence still didn't attract the applause that George W. Bush did during a taped announcement by the four previous Presidents before the game and some boos could even be heard among the cheers

my question is, why did Yahoo Sports try to play it off as they were booing is white sox jacket??? ARE ALL THE BOOERS CUBBY FANS??? couldn't possibly be the great Obama could it?? no it was the jacket...

Whether or not those fans were booing Obama's politics (Missouri voted for John McCain last November) or his choice of attire (he chose to wear a long-sleeved White Sox jacket in support of his favorite team and a pair of regular old blue jeans) was unclear.

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AmSeGdKI__VNQPVmuprnSM.CfNdF?urn=mlb%2C1765 61

another interesting (funny) note, if you notice the guy driving the golf cart is NOT an Obama Supporter..you can just feel the hate coming off him...
the guy didn't even want to look at Obama

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It's unacceptable to boo the president of the United States, I don't care what your beef is.

It is especially egregious to taint the national pastime with such boorish behavior.

I absolutely agree.

Listen to 0:19 and 0:23... it's so loud it's downright rude.

Whatever your beliefs and whatever you take on his policies is, fact of the matter is that you're still in a PUBLIC PLACE, at a PROPER BASEBALL GAME...

You don't boo the GUEST OF HONOR (wth?!), no matter who he is.

It's disgusting, crude, low-life, crass behavior.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Protostellar

I couldn't disagree more. This goes beyond sports. That man is messing with my money.

Then take it up with protests or something... write to the papers... take matters into your own hands by organizing your own rally against structured politics.

At a baseball game... it's ALL ABOUT THE SPORTS.

Policy choices have to take secondplace.

Unless you would like politics to intermingle with sports enjoyments, in which case, I'm not voting for Sarah Palin because her husband runs sled races, which I really don't dig. And I'm ALSO not voting for Olympia Snowe because I hear her husband really loves the Yankees and I'm a Red Sox fan.

Get?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Something I just heard on CNN, relative to this thread --

I'm paraphrasing, but something similar to "not a bad pitch for wearing a bullet-proof vest."

Of course, I can't verify that he was wearing a vest underneath his jacket, but it makes perfect sense. Even a custom vest would likely restrict his rotational shoulder movements somewhat. I've only worn a somewhat bulky vest, and I know it's not a snap to move normally in them.

If that's true -- and it probably is -- it was a decent pitch, not good, but Presidentially respectable.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join