It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words alone achieve very little. a brief rant about inaction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
First of all, I would like to say that I do in fact appreciate this site. It's like a one stop shop for a lot of the breaking news and problems for what is going on in today's world, without all the B.S that MSM likes to throw in, and makes it easier to find the real issues in our economy and politics. I also have learned other things that I did not know before about the inner workings of the Illuminati and Mason, Bilderberg, etc. And a place to meet like minded thinkers.

However, all that aside, it's almost preaching to the choir on a lot of other things. The NWO. It is real, we can't deny it. Despite the fact that the D.H.S likes to tell us that it's not real, Bush Sr., Kissinger, Obama, Sharpton, and many others continue to use that exact term.

But here is my problem. When a group talks amongst themselves, enlightening each other, spreading the good word, so to say, to one another, it really doesn't get us anywhere. I don't recall any change happening through words alone spoken within a small group.

"And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne!" Patrick Henry, 23 March 1775

I suggest we all read the full speech. He was no different than us. All most of us have done is simply talk, inform those who are already awake. We must take a different approach. Go and awaken those who live in this dream they believe to be reality. Remove the veil that big brother has placed over their eyes. Show them the truth. Not through preaching to deaf ears. But rather stimulate their mind. Bring to them topics and let them ask the questions.

We all know what is truly coming, if in fact this goes down the way it seams that it will. Numbers will be our strength. Information our shield. Our patriotism our sword. There will be physical action taken by the regime against those who oppose the change to come. And it will not be pretty. Their weapons are their determination. The law which they have perverted and twisted will be their shield, as well as our restraints. Their strength lies in their cunning deception, their lies, their manipulation.

The only way to truly accomplish what it seems everyone wants here, is to take action. I do not encourage violence at all, however, as I have stated. simply talking while this all happens will achieve very little, if not nothing. Everyday i count victories for them in their legislature. The laws they pass that will soon bind us hand and foot. The men and women they place into power. The Strength of the homeland security is growing. They slowly forge the prisons around us, and we simply stand there and point it out as we sit back and watch them do it.

Fear not the repercussions of the actions you take, but rather fear the consequences of inaction.

"They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come. "

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We're certainly all for (selective) action. Just bear in mind that this is a Discussion Forum. Hence, what you'll see here is a discussion and not "action". What people are doing on their own time when not here will probably not surprisingly, not be known to us.

Plus, before we get too far down this road, I want to reemphasize a brief section of our Terms and Conditions:

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Discuss away. Recruitment or soliciting for action is a no-no. Just pointing it out so we don't go there.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yes this is a discussion and in that spirit as a discussion on action.

Do these things in your life. Find others that are like minded... use the social networks to find people local to you and even far away.

I use MSN for example to find people to help gather them for discussion and possilbe future actions (ehm peacefull ones hopefully)

Facebook... twitter..... Myspace...

Oh wait Facebook is CIA controlled not there.

But yes more action is needed but the discussion is where it starts.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Often times change does not happen with the older Generations. It takes a person of a very strong mind who posses a large amount of willpower to question their own beliefs and to question themselves.

I tell you this change comes with time and patience. With the younger generations who are not set in their ways.

With the youth the change comes.

Patience friend patience. You might not be around to witness the changes and I might not be around to witness the changes but the changes they do indeed come.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's not that I was saying that action should be taken on this page, but that I have not seen action taken anywhere. It's a shame that enough has not been done to prevent what has come to pass thus far. I can only hope that i am underestimating the people in their inaction. I personally am taking action as I can in my current situation, and hope others are in fact doing the same, though no where have i seen much, aside from protests here and there which fall on the deaf ears of the government.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

My fear however, is which change will come. Obama promised us change, as did Mao and Stalin, and change is happening. I guess only time will tell which change will happen. Will it be the change to complete government control of the people? or a revolution changing the government and give the power back to the people and the restoration of the constitution?

new topics

top topics

join