It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm gonna do it.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hey ATS

Basically, there are a couple of things i'm changing in my life.

First of all, if you haven't read this thread it might help:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I'm going to eliminate some of the main distractions in my life. I'm going to get rid of my xbox. I'm sat here playing on it as i type, and its something that i gain nothing from, apart from some more gamerscore every now and then to show of to my "buddies" on Live.
I'm gonna sell it. Plus the money that i get from it, and the money i'll save on buying games will be alot too, so i can put that towards more important things.

I don't watch TV much anyway, but i will keep that. The Discovery Channel is good

I'm gonna go vegetarian.
Thats a big one for me, because i don't really like much veg anyway.
What i'm gonna go, is slowly turn myself to life more veg, and eat less meat.

I've given up pork already, then I'll give up red meats, then into white meats, and finally, the hardest, fish.
This process will take a few months.

Try to eat more natural too. I don't drink Coke or anything, the chemicals pumped into that are crazy.
Lay off Microwave meals, lay off pudding. Just generally healthier. When i'm abit peckish, instead of a packet of crisps, or a Mars Bar, I'll eat some fruit, or a Alpen Bar.

I do that anyway ^^ but i thought i'd might aswell throw it in.

I've wrote my to-do list which is what i'll be doing when i've eliminated my distractions.

Here it is:

1. Learn To See Auras

2. Succesfully AP

3. Psi Wheel in both directions

4. Learn Chinese

5. Learn a Martial Art

If anyone wants to help me with that, i'd be extremely grateful.

Basically, for some reason, i just love China. I'm not sure why, i just have this thing for china.
I'm recently bought this book on Chi Kung called "The Secrets Of Energy Work" and i think the Martial Art i want to take up will be Tai Chi.
The Chinese have just always fascinated me. Its so amazing how they knew so much.

I need to Meditate more. I haven't for like 2 days. Although, i choose to go with Quality over Quantity. As in, I'll meditate when i feel the vibes are right, rather than just meditating "because i have too"

I have started getting up at sunrise to do a long meditation, before the heat sets in, and before the noise of the day sets in too.

I just wanted to make a thread on it, see if anyone else does this, maybe for some support, or some to relate too.
And i wanted to get my ToDo list out there so someone can help me

Love&Light

Jacob

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Screw all that. Half those things are what keep me sane enough to keep up with the rest of society.

It's more-so about balance and understanding rather than eliminating.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Good luck to you Jacob! I hope you accomplish everything you want!

Not sure I could cut meat out of my diet tho...I love cheeseburgers too much!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

So you'd go crazy with out your xbox?
Someones addicted

Jacob

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Haha, yeah.

The vegetarian thing is the hardest part. Thats why i'm doing it in stages. I figure that'll be the easiest way to do it.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
PS3, actually.
Damn right I'm addicted - I recently purchased a new steering wheel for my Midnight Club playing.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I've stopped eating beef. Mostly since I find it disgusting to think about.
Instead, I eat a lot of chicken and fish. I think they are the best meats - especially fish!
I could never become vegetarian, there's just so much good that comes from chicken and fish that I don't understand why people would NOT eat them.

But I guess that isn't helping you.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
well, i guess there is a certain logic to setting your sights 1000ft high. it seems a lot to learn but i wish you the best of luck.

[edit on 14/7/09 by pieman]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I think the most important part, is me giving up red meats.
Thats the bit i really wanna get rid of.
And yes, chicken and fish are so tasty

reply to post by pieman

Damn right.
This is gonna take me years.
I don't expect to do everything in my ToDo list tomorrow. Each bit is gonna take months if not years to do.

Jacob

[edit on 14/7/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
do it do it... I think its great what you are doing...

My girlfriend sent me an AP on-line course yesterday,,, here is the link

www.astraldynamics.com.htm

Its about $450 American I think... it may be a bit expensive for you, but you can always file it away for later
A friend of mine did it and got amazing results...you may be interested...Im going to do the Oct one prob...

You will definitely feel different cutting out the animals...and then eventually the fish... years and years ago, I did the same thing.. and you know what... I feel great, and I dont even miss it...

I always respect people that make positive changes in their lives for advancement...
good for you, and good luck!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Are you happy at the moment ?

If you are happy at the moment before giving thing's up well i would just remain as you are.

When you decide to start to give these thing's up you might become miserable

You might give up more and more trying to find that once lost height of comfort.

And if you think you have found it you might be tempted to relinquish it all over again ! And this will have been a fruitless exercise you will have gone full circle back to the beggining.

I suggest you think long and hard about what your doing.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacqua

Cheers man (Y)

Ah yes, that course is a tad expensive

Yeah, after just cutting out the pork, i feel alot better, alot healthier so i'm one step of the way there.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Yeah i'm happy.
Very happy actually.

But i feel i can be happier. There's more important things than playing on my xbox.

Right, i'm off for a swim, i'll be back on in about 2hours.

Have a nice day

Jacob

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Good luck, its going to be hard, I've done the same thing as you, gone cold turkey from TV , cut down on the meats, haven't quite cutdown on the PC gaming though ( much to the wifes annoyance).
I keep saying we'll go for walks, or go to the gym but as soon as we finish work on goes the oven and out comes the food and on goes the TV.
I also try to AP , not really trying to see auras though. have tried the psi wheel, gave up after an hour
The hardest part is not saying to yourself " I will do X " , its making yourself say " I'll do X again ". The perseverance to keep on doing X.
I myself ( and the wife ) need to lose weight, ( the motorcycle will be gratefull too I think). Eat healthily , cut out all the crap processed foods, make your own meals, is all the advice I can give you from my point of view.
Good luck , your going to need it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

1. Learn To See Auras

2. Succesfully AP

4. Learn Chinese

5. Learn a Martial Art

Hi Jacob,

I don't know if the list is in priority order, but i would change it like this:

1. Learn a Martial Art - Learn Chinese

2. Succesfully AP

X. Learn To See Auras

First learn a martial art, you need to be strong both physical and in your mind, while at this, you can either start learning chinese too, as it doesn't interfere with your other activities at all.

As someone else pointed out, Astral Dynamics is a very good book, it contains a lot of resources and experience you will gain by practicing from this book will take you a long way into your goal. Get the book Astral Dynamics: A NEW Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences.

For number 3, you will almost forcibly need number 1
, you need to have good control over your body first, so that would come later on as a side effect.

If you can do number 2, you won't need to learn how to see Auras, instead, once you have managed to do AP, and as long as you progress on meditation and learning about how the human soul and mind works, you will get it 'for free', which means, you will be sensitive enough that you will just start noticing a lot of things you didn't notice before, including this one

Also, make sure at least to include a little Zen there, at least, read about the eightfold path and the four noble truths, that will help a lot in finding the right way.

Greetings!

Kai

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Good on you.

I'm a bit like you, changing to a better lifestyle with regards to diet, hobbies etc. I stopped eating red and white meat a couple of months ago, but I still eat chicken and fish. I haven't had any desire to eat it either; meat loaf is completely unappealing to me these days. I did it for health reasons and because I don't like killing animals for food. I will probably be completely vegetarian one day.

So far I've cooked vegetarian lasagna, had vegetarian sausages and vegetarian "meat" loaf. It is soo much nicer, and way better for you. Some people will never be convinced, but I know you're not just 'some people' for wanting to try this out.

I also hardly drink any more fizzy drink, mainly water and orange juice. My body feels better inside, just better overall.

I hardly play video games these days or watch TV, because they're not important. There are lots of other things that are more fulfilling and rewarding than those.

I would also like to AP on command and I'm working on that now. I've been close to full separation and when you feel that, it's completely overwhelming. At that stage you are convinced there is more to life than most of us are aware.

I meditate when I can and this is a great way to enhance AP abilities plus feel better overall.

[edit on 14/7/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Congrats on your choice to limit the distractions around you and change your outlook on life. I went through the same thing as well.

Our society has been made to falsely value our material and social institutions and not understanding how these systems have been made to undermine individual security, happiness, sense & reason and our capacity for real emotions.

Our despair is growing yet it's hidden under a frantic drive for work and so-called "pleasures".

Understanding this forces us to re-evaluate all that we once believed as highly significant and valuable. When we being this process, great waves of individual progress can be made for the first times in our lives.

Is xbox highly significant and valuable for us? I'll tell you it was extremely valuable for me after coming home from a job I hated and filled with stress. I needed something "fun" at least to do during the course of my day before restarting the whole process again....

Well since then I've re-evaluated things and that high-stress, high paying job was of minimal importance. It keep me locked in this perpetual hamster wheel where I was always running for the "next big thing". Whether I was going to buy it or do, I didn't care and it was going to awesome.

Time after time, the awesome turned into "well, gotta go back to crappy work" - so I finally left the rat race, changed my lifestyle and how I live and things couldn't be better as far as me being content and happy.

When I read your post it seemed like you somewhat felt the similarities I did. Our "to-do" lists are different but I think it's a good thing, for us as individuals, to want to experience not just what we are "suppose" to do but what we "WANT" to do.

I can also relate to your decision to gradually go vegetarian. I did the same over the course of about 6 months and now awhile later I can honestly say it's of no trouble even remotely to stick with it. Convenience foods and fake foods were actually harder since they are everywhere all the time.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jacqua
Its about $450 American I think... it may be a bit expensive for you, but you can always file it away for later

are you serious, people actually pay that kind of money, holy christ

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Want to give up red meat? I'm in my first week of becoming a vego. Seriously just read up on what happens in the slaughter houses, you'll never be able to look at it again. That's what my partner did and he's been a vego for one year now. Go on peta and watch some of their videos, it will turn you off meat.

It's a good thing to do for what you are planning, my way of thinking about it is that when we eat animals we are eating decaying flesh, we are eating their pain and sadness, their fear and maddness. Not a good thing for our bodies.

I have nothing against meat eaters, (jeez i've only been vego for a week!!), just wanted to help out the op.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Jacob, just want to say you have my support and I wish you well. Fish and poultry are not bad though assuming you can find some that is not genetically enhanced or farm raised(the same I suppose). In fact I recommend taking some time and fish yourself and sometimes with someone who is a positive thinker like yourself. Meditation goes hand in hand as well. Steam the veg unless you plan on drinking the water boil it in as well. Lots of veggies are great cooked on an open fire also. Good luck Jacob and please keep us posted on your progress.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join