It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm gonna do it.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Yeah thats one thing. I often say, yeah, i'm gonna do this. I'll do it tomorrow. I'll do it the day after. I'll do it next week.

I don't often do it

reply to post by Kaifan

No, they weren't in priority order.

And yeah, the martial art is one of the most important parts. Strengthens both mind and body.
Plus, i can go to that with a friend, so i wont be doing it on my own.

I'm just looking into Astral Dynamics now, i'll give it a read

And of course dear friend, Zen is included

reply to post by dmorgan

Ah i see. Orange Juice for the Pineal Gland. Helps with AP and lucid dreaming i hear. Thats the same as me, just water and juices. Natures finest

reply to post by StrangeBrew

Thats the thing.
External pleasures.

All i really need can be found within. I don't need my Xbox to take away my boredom.

How did the ancient Civilizations survive without an Xbox? Extremely well, and i believe when it comes to who you are, and the real truth, they knew a hell lot more than we do.

Thanks for all your support.

Love&Light

Jacob

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Watch the movie version or read the book Fast Food Nation and read Kevin Trudeaus books. When you realize how high the odds are that you are consuming another human being when you eat out or buy prepacked foods you will instantly lose your taste for such things. And when you meditate you would benefit more if you do so outside in a calm serene and safe area away from anything manmade. Just a few more tips for you. PEACE AND SERENITY for you. For all ATSers for that matter.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Screw all that. Half those things are what keep me sane enough to keep up with the rest of society.

It's more-so about balance and understanding rather than eliminating.

Completely agree. It is more about balance than anything. There are some things that are obviously detrimental to our health, but even those things vary in degree of severity.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

Thankyou for your support my friend.
The chemicals pumped into out foods in this day and age is crazy, but part of the reason i won't eat meat is the killing of the animals, not purely the health reason, so fishing myself is still abit mean.

And i've never heard that before. Eating anothing human

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Congratulations on your decision to lead a healthier life!
I too decided to start eating healthier and your plan to eliminate meat (eventually) from your diet sounds a lot like mine. I am cooking more rice and fresh veggies this week in an effort to stay away from meats myself. I hope you reach your goals and don't give up!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Reading this thread just gave me CRAZY deja vu. I've read all this before lol wow. Thats my little freak out for the day haha. But I also have started mediating, not very good at it tho
But I am happy to say that it is because of ATS that I have started.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

What is it you find hard about meditating?
Is it the feeling that your just not feeling anything?

Jacob

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

I find it hard to block the world out. Only once I really felt myself let go, I could really feel something different, but it was quickly lost.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

you know what?

I think that even if half those new habits stick - or even if NONE of them sticks - it's worth it - give it a shot

sometimes trying on new ideas, new feelings - just new for the sake of new - can be an amazing and valuable experience

you have no way of knowing what you'll end up discovering about yourself

have fun

:-)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Try meditating to music.
I find it hard to block out inner chatter, so i have some relaxing music going on it the background.
It blocks out environmental noise, and helps put you in a relaxing state. If you find it too distracting from your goal, try using Mantras, simple things that you repeat over and over in your head.

reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Exactly.
And if i do nothing of this, every wrong leads me further to the right.

Jacob

[edit on 14/7/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Thanks!! Will give it a try and let you know how it turns out!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Oh, and be sure to use headphones to get best results. Its really worth spending alot on headphones to get best results, and more qualilty, but its not completely necessary.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

You, my friend, have a strong will to be trying this. I wish I could say the same at this point in my life. Good luck to you and congratulations on taking on a MUCH healthier life style. My best friend just had 2 kidney stones pass through his system as a result of too much soda and other crap and I have contemplated eliminating it all. After seeing how much pain he was in, I do not wish to go through it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Hey,

Thankyou.
I've always thought i have a strong will. Mind over matter i guess?

But before i go.
Whats with the Death, and the Negativity?

Jacob

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Why NOT death and negativity? All things, good or bad, lead to death anyways. It is the destiny of every mortal being that exists.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Death is the most beautiful thing we can witness.
Our understanding is completely misunderstood.

But Negativity? That is not my destiny.
Sorry, this is none of my business.

Have a nice day.

Jacob

[edit on 15/7/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
But Negativity? That is not my destiny.
Sorry, this is none of my business.

Have a nice day.

Jacob

[edit on 15/7/2009 by JacobNH]

Negativity has NO purpose ever. Nothing ever came out of negativity and it should be consciously avoided at all times. Everytime we feel it creep in we need to shine our awarness on it and stop it in its tracks. Negativity is a product of the unconscious mind and nothing more.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

*not being mean silly just being silly*
Ok. Please tell me HOW you type and play xbox at the same time??? That's an awesome skill man. I wouldn't knock it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Glad to hear you are doing this. I'm wondering how long have you been at it now? It is always on my mind, getting back into my own form of this again, hard to get back into it.

I'm interested in your thoughts on some foods. I found the last time I did it, I ate a lot of bread and macaroni (boiled macaroni, plain, not microwave mac and chesse lol) But I was looking at the detox diet information... it says pastas and bread slow down detox. Regardless, I know these things are great for my well being and I include them in my plan.

But I'm wondering what sort of sandwiches you eat. I like Peanut Butter and Jelly, but I looked at the incredients on the jelly... it's basically syrup and concentrated GRAPE JUICE... it's nothing but flavoring and syrup/starch... I also wonder about Peanut Butter sometimes.

Between Rice, Pasta, and sandwiches I have no trouble giving up meat entirely. Meat is something I would think a person who has a strenuous job, or lifts weights for excersize, or drinks alcohol, etc. would need to continue eating. Peanut butter seems to be a good friend if you aren't eating meat.

Astral Projection is on my to do list as well. As far as meditation I can easily quiet my mind these days, but it doesn't seem to be as blissful or transforming as it used to. I used to fall asleep ALOT easier and split my sleep into 2 or 3 parts, now I find myself unable to go to sleep in the early evenings even when I'm groggy and tired... that was a staple of my last little practice. It's just weird now, worse than starting over.

If you get into a good groove, I strongly suggest you don't give up on it like I did. I just abandoned it, I always thought it'd be easy to get back into, now over a year has passed and I haven't come close.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Well, i've been working on it for a while now.

I have my laptop on the bed and type inbetween deaths
Or if i'm playing a campaign game, i pause it now and then to type.
Oh Yeahhh...

reply to post by Novise

I'm not the biggest fan of peanut butter really,
and nuts in general. They're a great source of protein so i know that i should start eating them.

I gotta confess now, i haven't become a full vegetarian

Basically, the reason i gave it up was health reasons, but mainly red meat that was my main thing to give up.
There are alot of health risks with red meat, so i still eat poultry and fish. I've gotta get some protein from somewhere, but i'm still going to eat less meat, as i know it effects my vibrations.

I seem to be getting alot better at blocking out noises now, like background noises etc.
Meditating really does take me to my own little world, like a place of perfect happiness and harmony.
Lately i've been meditating less.
When i started i made sure i did EVERY night/morning, but it felt like a forced meditation. Now, when i get the urge to, i do. Sometimes for an hour, sometimes for 5 minutes. 5 mins can be better than an hour sometimes anyway. Quality over quantity.
Sometimes i go for like 3 days without meditation, as i don't feel like it, and others i'll do like 4 in one day.

Jacob

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join