It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm gonna do it.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Nice post - I like the changes you want to make for yourself - change is always good.

Just curious though - the vegetarian choice. I can understand giving up pork and red meat; I never eat pork and very rarely eat red meat. But chicken and fish? I mean, if you buy from a good source where the animals are ethically farmed and treated, without rubbish food and allowed to roam free, surely that would be ok?

I'm not deriding your choice at all - I just got the feeling you didn't want to go veggie.

And nothing against those that are veggie, but we are meat-eaters and we do get a great deal of valuable protein from our meats. If cooked properly, chicken and fish are excellent sources while also tasting fantastic. I think you'd need to eat a great deal of beans and other meat-alternatives to get the same amount - which, while I do enjoy all veg/beans, don't taste nearly as nice as chicken and fish

But good choice on learning Chinese and a martial art. I studied Japanese for several years and have just come back from Japan. I love the far East and much of their culture has a very 'back to basics' feel to it, whereas in Western societies, we often seem/feel too removed from anything natural.

(Of course I acknowledging that all societies have problems and none are the proverbial 'garden of eden')

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

See my last post on page 2 regarding the full veggie thing

Yeah, for some reason, i seem to have a calling to China. I have no idea why, i think it's possibly i was chinese in a past life or something. Yes that sounds cheesy

But honestly, everything about China fascinates me. I just love China

Jacob

<< 1  2   >>

join