It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The American Media Is Sad: In Four Simple Pictures

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Did you know the suicide rate is 7 times higher for a man between the ages of 18 - 25

I'd love to know how in the hell I managed to survive. If anyone should have killed themselves...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
and yet all of you still watch the news. The real question is Who is more sick? The one who reports the news or the one watchs the news?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

I cant speak for everyone, but I watch to know my enemy. I like to keep tabs on the lies they're spinning and spreading at all times, so that I can do my small part to refute them on forums like this.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Yeah, to brainwash you.

I think the media is damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they were to publish the afghanistan covers, many people here on ATS would be posting about how they are trying to brainwash us with fear of the made up "boogeymen" terrorists, now many are mad because they stopped doing that? I guess some of us here just love to hate the MSM. Maybe it's addictive in a way...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You know whats sad is that all the examples from other countries are in English. You know what's also sad? Those are most likely two different issues from two different months snet in America.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well if they did articles on how bad things are in Afghanistan, that would not shine good upon der fuhrer Obama, who instead of pulling out like he promised is throwing more troops on the fire

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

This is why I have been saying that the media is our enemy.
Great find!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

and yet all of you still watch the news.

*BUZZ* Awww- thanks for playing, but that answer is wrong. I do not watch or OWN a tv- and the last time I actually tried to watch the thing when I was at someone's house, I got sick and upset.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
There is a good explanation for why they do this. People ignore depressing news when it is repeated time and time again, it also does not mirror reality because there is far more going on in the world than war. Human interest stories are popular with readers, not to mention Afghanistan was a hellhole five years ago, last week and will be a month from now, there will be no lack of coverage.

Stop trying to portray the media as "covering up" the real news, they cover it all the time. There is more to life than death and destruction.

that is why there are magazines like people ......

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Americans have been kept ignorant by their media for years - I used to hate Americans - but over time I came to realize it is not really your fault.

Your military propaganda surrounds you at all times - even puerile trash films like Transformers have the US military running into every country at will and blowing things up.

Everything you have been taught from school, or media is a lie - everything - but the UK and other western countries are basically the same - however we don't get so much war propaganda.

Wake up - North Korea is not your enemy, Iran is not your enemy - the only enemies you have are the ones you make. Stop supporting all these wars.

The situation with North Korea is because the scum controllers want to make it obey their rules - they want central banks, access to resources and laws that allow a corporate takeover.

The conflict with Iran is purely about control of their oil.

Fighting in Afghanistan is over control of the opium trade - 97% of the world opium comes from Afghanistan - and the Rothschilds have controlled it for a very long time - they use the western military and intelligence agencies to control the opium trade.

You media constantly tells you they are your enemies - they are not - your enemies are the guys in your government, and the rich scum who give them orders.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Your military propaganda surrounds you at all times - even puerile trash films like Transformers have the US military running into every country at will and blowing things up.

You wouldn't know that unless you've watched it.

You media constantly tells you they are your enemies - they are not - your enemies are the guys in your government, and the rich scum who give them orders.

I agree with what you're saying to an extent. We do have "enemies" in the governments of those countries, but not the people as a whole. Their rich scum and their governments are just as much their enemies as ours are to us. But I think you've got the premise of this thread a bit backwards, most of the people here are complaining that they aren't focusing on war, but on hollywood BS.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
is there a reason I can't see the OP's first post?

I just see that the thread starts with Cancerian42's reply.

*edit to clarify*

[edit on 14-7-2009 by InThisTwilight]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This doesn't say anything about the news media except that they want to sell more magazines.

This does, however, say something about Americans. I'll let the reader figure out what that is.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
so your assuming the "news" printed in any other countries version of time magazine is true to begin with? its still coorporate media, and the spin they put on anything will obscure the truth whether its foreign wars, hollywood celebrites, or national polotics.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
yeah it's a real bad sign when the population of a country is so immature and insulated that they care more about what flavor ice cream brittany spears likes than what the latest nobel prize winner is up to or what discoveries science has made this week that will improve the lives of the human race.

We live in an idiotic country where we care more about paris hilton and lady gaga than then sociopolitical happenings that effect all humans on earth. This is what happens when escapism media, corporations pushing their drugs (I mean media products) and jocks take over. You get a moronic infantile country. Kobe bryant and some basketball game is more important than the latest G8 conference. really? The superbowl is really that important of an event that we have to spend millions if not billions of dollars a year on it? Come on people it's a stupid game-not real life. but it's an example of the infantile minds of the american population.

Don't get me started on the world soccer craze where riots break out over a stupid game. Sometimes I think humans deserve all the angst and grief we produce for ourselves. ANd we wonder why aliens don't want to make contact with us. would you? They know we are here, we are just the stupid yokles who sit on the porch watching the mesquito zapper all day and night. they probably have a rule like don't make eye contact with us or they will actually have to talk to us, and that would be enough to make any higher race vomit.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

The thing is, people have the right to be concerned about whatever they wish. The main, underlying issue I see on this thread and others, is that people think those who aren't interested in the same things they are, are morons, sheep, idiots, etc. I understand fully that we need everybody to "wake up" and see that we're all being used, but name calling and frustration with those who just plain aren't interested in politics, or war, is going to do nothing but turn people them off to some important causes, because those who are already interested in them are acting like dicks. Some people are happier NOT dwelling on all the negative crap in our lives, maybe it's a defense mechanism to fight stress. I dunno, but I think name calling is counter productive when trying to spread messages.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
Thought you all might enjoy this, it's really quite sad.

What are your thoughts?

Very sad indeed..
My thoughts? Well we sertinly live in a very interesting time. Those of us who are awake can only sit here and watch all this play out like a horrible car wreck going in slow motion!

Powerless to do anything but to move in slow motion yourself, extending your hand, moving your lips and slowly sluggish words come out of your mouth.. NOOOOO!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Replikant

It's almost like the American MSM doesn't want us to focus on important issues...

Nooooo....., It's exactly like the American MSM doesn't want us to focus on important issues.....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

The average American doesn't support these wars. The problem is, half don't even know that their country is at war and the other half protest but their government officials don't listen.

We have no say in the actions of our government any more. We have handed over that control to a government that has gone rogue and has decided that they know what is better for us then we do.

And of course AJ and her brood are far more important to us then a minor altercation that they have under complete control. The mission has ended, go in peace.

Don't worry your pretty little heads about anything. Just keep watching that golden tube brought to you with the crystal clarity of digital high definition and surround sound.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's all about "what sells."

No surprise here, Americans love knowing what their favorite celebrities are up to instead of learning how we F up the Middle East.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join