It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cigarette conspiracy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Damn cigarettes.....can't live with 'em and ya can't live without 'em.....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
20 cigarettes in UK are approx £5.00 that's $8.00 US. Check out how much they make in tax from this...
www.the-tma.org.uk...

This if I interpret it correctly states that today average price of 20 is £5.85 of which £4.45 is tax.... an amazing 76%!!
www.the-tma.org.uk...

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
A good friend of mine lives near an old folks retirement hospital.
(where old people go to die)
And I noticed many of the nurses do smoke cigarettes.

I guess those nurses know it's better to die a bit younger
than rot slowly from say 70 to 90.

Also, I've noticed that the government wants
to get assets from old people. Their house and money,
so that there is nothing to leave as inheritance for younger family members.
Keeping everyone tied to the life long mortgage paying most of a weekly wage for that square block of land not even big enough to grow food.
So if those nurses die of smoking quickly they achieve two things.

1. All their money savings go to their kids.
(Instead of an old folks home)

2. They don't have to hang around rotting for an extra 20 years.

P.S.
Search for "Jack Otto" in YouTube.
Forbidden Knowledge.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Is'nt growing your own tobacco nearly impossible due to being highly regulated?

Just like distilling your own alchohol is illegal..wich should be enough to send people out with torches and pitchforks..I just heard somewhere how growing your own tobacco is frowned apon and practically illegal also.

It sucks the generic brands are now the cost of what the premium brands use to be. I think the brand I switched to Maverick (Lorillard)$4.15-$4.65.. is making alot of dough as you see their signs outside all the stores in many localities now.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Shining Wolf

Pleasee tell me what brand of tabbaco you smoke that has no additives. Im sick of buying tiller mades and walking the same path as my Opa who died of lung cancer. He quit smoking in 1990 and he died in 95. It was the saddest thing ive ever experienced and now im trapped in the same hole, and so is my Dad and Mom. And I like to smoke, so its gana be a son of a bi*tch to quit. If any members on here have ANY suggestions what so ever. Feel free to email me. But please dont be an ignoramus and send all kinds of stuff to my inbox as it does include my name. Probly not the smartest thing having an email like that but w.e Im not going to hide from the PTB

calhighlanders nov27

Thank you to anyone willing to help.
[email protected]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well, first off, i ussally just read and keep my thoughts to myself on this board, but after reading every single post on this thread and not one person stating the obvious reasoning behind the "smoke" issue i just had to register, cuz this is killing me...

ok, so this is what has went down in the last year or so:

- Economic recession

then..

-Attacking banks and saying propaganda like "they caused this recession, the guys at the top dont know that thier doing, its horrible", or the like

and then...

- We get the Bankers Bailout/Automotive bailout (Which means tptb purchased lots of corps for a low low discount depression price pretty much)

and now...

- "Tabacco is harmful to your health!, we have to run the tabacco industry to the ground cuz its bad for you and such", when the same source that spews this propaganda tells kids that rap poison (flouride) is good for thier teeth, and sells them tasty little aspartame cakes, and countless other sugary nuerotoxic treats, injects there 2 week old bodys with mercury filled shots, sprays thier food with hepatoxic pesticides and herbicides, not to mention childrens tylenol! , good ol brain tumor causing MSG, or cancer causing carrageenan which are in about everything.
How is this not easy to see? Big Tobacco = Big $ ,... They cant buy out big tobacco yet, so thier throwing everything they can to make tobacco industrys lose profit. Why else would they ban cigerettes in the military (just recently announced as a "experiment", look it up on google), and raise taxes so high and everything? They dont want to ban cigs, they just want to have a " Tobacco bailout", lol

It will prolly be aimed at public health or something, but you who are observant should realize that tptb do not ever make money... Remember thier the ones who take a worthless piece of paper and say its worth food and shelter and whatnot, they MAKE the money, they dont make money,... Money is used to control us, the gov doesnt make money off the tobacco industry, they just dictate how much you have to pay for it with taxes pretty much.

My Only point after all that jargon is that the only thing going on here is Industrial Centralization, right in your face.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeopleAmazeMe

Sit back and think about the effect of things before you assign a conspiracy to it. Some of the best debunkers out there are on this site and something as simple as reducing a dependant chemical will have the opposit effect of reducing your dependency. Okay.

Welcome to ATS!
One thing you will learn is that if there is something to debunk the well respected and "best" debunkers on ATS are not shy and will jump in with both feet and debunk.
Why are they not in this thread or any thread that has to do with this subject?
Because there is nothing to debunk, the conspiracy is quite obvious with multiple points.
If you take issue with this do your own research and debunk away, post some links and prove us all wrong but dont just spout a bunch of recycled talking points that we could get if we tuned into any msm.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

no, growing your own tobacco is actually quite easy - well, if you live where it grows naturally. It is a bit hard to start, we had to really baby ours. Curing, they say, too, is difficult, but again, depending on where you live, it might be harder or it might be easier.

I figure the aliens don't like their meat fatty or smoked.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yep, they're pushing real hard to have a country of non-smokers.

Germany, 1935 anyone?

Just imagine, as problematic as it is now, with the bombardment of pressure to not smoke combined with rising prices, things can only get worse.

Can hardly wait for nationalized health care, as I'm sure it won't take long for big brother to regulate a tobacco prohibition.

Good times ahead.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

I love to smoke. I smoke various kinds of cigarettes, cigars, and pipe tobacco. I enjoy it and it should be my freedom to do so, what's the big deal?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeopleAmazeMe

It is a conspiracy to get you to smoke more. Ya right!

If Nicotine is the ingerdient that makes tobacco addictive than it will be easier to quit if you are no longer as addicted.

How is this going to make someone smoke more?

Is this a serious question, really? Smokers aren't going to smoke just one if it doesnt get them the same buzz. If someone put less food on your plate and there is more on the table and your still hungry, aren't you gonna just reach out and get more?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I tend to agree with you. It started last year when in my state, NJ, and other states they started adding paper inside the cig. to stop it from burning "in case you fall asleep" the butt goes out. Sounds like a good idea, but if you don't puff on it every few seconds the butt goes out. So now your taking more drags out of it just to keep it lit. Smoking in a car is almost impossible now as you have to light the same butt 2 or 3 times. I quit 3 weeks ago cause I feel that this is a "Scheme" of some sort. I also want to be prepared for the near future when I will not be able to afford cigs. as they will probably cost a large amount of gold a pack.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"The intention of this study is to discover if teenage tobacco use, smoking and other, may be the result of a niacin deficient diet, not tobacco advertising. There may appear to have been an intentional deception in hiding the fact that niacin and nicotine are basically the same thing, but simply put, it's because until now there has been no funding to look at tobacco from the point of view of a nutritional function. Tobacco has been used for a wide range of other maladies from Asthma ( Niacin prevents Histamine release Robert Thompson Cybervitamins.com) to Bowel obstruction (A Modern Herbal guide 1931).
My argument is that the real cause has been overlooked in the "rush to judgment" and nutritional deficiencies have been misdiagnosed as mere addictions, subject to whim and will. The body needs niacin and it knows nicotine will work if niacin isn't available. This is not a conscious function."Niacin=nicotine

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
As for the cigarette thing...wow where to start. It's just in-your-face insanity and hypocrisy to punish those who smoke but not stop making them because it's such a cash cow on the one hand to the corporations who make them and to the tax base. They have quite the conundrum that it hurts another cash cow as in the insurance corporations too.

This government is insane and the people of this country are even more so for allowing this kind of flat out BS to continue. But again, this is what happens when people divide along artificially designed and encouraged lines and stop using common sense. they're too busy fighting to stand back and take a clear look at things together. and it really cracks me up that sometimes they even agree and can't even see that.

as usual he who yells loudest and has the best paid lobby wins, and no matter who wins it's still the people who pay. either way.

A slight bit off topic, but now I hear in conjunction with cigarettes they want to start taxing soda because that's bad for you too.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Your post is so true..... I gave up packaged cigarettes and started smoking the home made filter tube type cigerettes just before I was diagnosed with COPD .... I tried to stop but when I started back up I changed to a natural tobacco, charcoal filters and a holder with a tar trap.... The x rays taken at my next visit and also my physical exam showed no signs of any problems related to smoking, surprising the doctor and staff at the clinic I go to..... I was told that my resting heart rate, respiration, blood oxygen content and blood pressure was that of an Olympic athlete and my cholesterol test were good and that was after taking myself off of blood pressure and cholesterol medication.... I had to run on a tread mill for a stress test and the doctor wanted me to run for an extended period and he stepped up the pace and said that he was impressed and shocked that I was a smoker..... I have been a smoker for 45 years and was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis 38 years ago... Go figure.... I am purchasing extra tobacco and supplies when I order on line to stash in case things get too bad and I have to quit, I won't have to do it cold turkey..... I really hated going to the local tobacco shops and seeing people half my age coughing and hacking while purchasing chemical laden packages of cigarettes.It isn't at all unlike fat people in grocery stores or fast food outlets buying food that is poisoning them, or alcoholics buying cheap American beer but they aren't being taxed to death while they ruin their health.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

So it's not just me! I've noticed in the last 2-3 months I've been smoking a lot more cigarettes than usual. I used to smoke a pack a day, and most of the time, a little less. But now, it's like I can't get satisfied! I find myself picking up another cigarette within minutes of finishing one!

Thankfully, I can't smoke at work, or else I'd kill myself soon for sure.

But, like someone else said, it's not whether smoking is good for you or not, we know it isn't. But I should be able to decide when I quit, and I don't expect the government to either raise taxes on cigarettes in order to force me to quit (which I've seriously thought about doing, but then that would be altruistic of the gov't-nah), or raise taxes while also lowering the addictive part of cigarettes, causing me to smoke more.

I've often wondered what trickery the tobacco companies would resort to when more and more Americans were and are quitting. I thought perhaps the big boys would start selling off their stock and getting into some other lucrative business.

But it just makes more sense that they would manipulate the contents of cigarettes (they've done it before) in order to sell more. And with the gov't involved, you know it's gonna stink in the s___t house.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Why don't you try supplementing your diet with Niacin?
Maybe the author I quoted above is on to something.
Try it and see if it helps.

Other than that it may help if you knew that Nicotine is not addicting.
I have a friend who does "stop smoking" counciling.
This idea is what she works on.

non addicting

"When Will We Understand That Nicotine Is Not Addictive? - Yet another study discovers the obvious: smoking cessation gadgets do not work in the long run. Why? The answer is simple: nicotine itself is not addictive, and smoking is a habit -- the habit, like all such behaviors, is psychological, not physical, and it is exerted through association."

when will we understand

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
stop making cigs so expensive damn it. tax beer, or regulate weed and tax that to make some serious cash

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by leisuredrummer
By reducing the amount of nicotine in a cigarette, a smoker will smoke more and more cigarettes to get that same feeling, in turn purchase more cigarettes and make the government more money. All while the government is, in reality, killing more smokers with this method.

Maybe that's exactly what the government wants smokers to realize so they would quit?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by nightmarehalo]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Obama is a hypocrite, he himself is a smoker. I bet the cigarettes he buys arent 6 dollars a pack. And if the government wants to make more money this way, dont you think it'd be easier just to legalize and tax marijuana? Its currently californias top cash crop. The government doesnt make sense sometimes

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join