It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cigarette conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
How about this. Since our money has been, and even now more-so, supporting the government and these corporate murderers, we all quit. I know it's not an easy road, but it can be done. Then our money can be saved, or traded for gold, rather than giving it to these pigs and financing their games on humanity. If you absolutely must smoke, then buy an e-cig and e-juice until the government dips their hands in that. And if that ends, then buy your smokes from the Indian Reservations. They don't put all of the nasty additives in their products, and they sell it cheaper.
We're crying conspiracy, but yet right out in the open, we are blatantly supporting it by purchasing their products. Time to sever their lifeline and stop buying their products. It really is as simple as that. Imagine the panic when they see absolutely no revenue coming in because no one is buying their poison anymore. We need to get a campaign going on this, because I think it's a movement that would seriously take off.

Also, you may want to think about this as motivation. Remember the nuclear testing done in children's cereal in the 1950s? And the biological testing that was done all over the country in the 1970s. All of it secretive. Well, now that the government has control of the cigarettes, what better vessel for experimenting on the populace? The cigarette is the perfect delivery vehicle for biological and chemical tests. If they ever wanted to wipe out half the population now, they could do it discreetly through cigarettes. They see smokers as less than human anyways these days. Keep that in mind.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Oreyeon]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
WHO keeps hyping the possibility of the swine flu evolving in the fall into something resembling the 1918 Spanish flu.

During the 1918 flu, the young people were the most susceptible and died from what is called "cytokene storm".

Don't know how to post links but if you google "cytokene storm" and "nicotine", you will find that in lab conditions nicotine was one of the very few things that could prevent "cytokene storms".

So what is real conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When the bill first passed I could not reconcile how the bill was actually doing any real good. If the FDA was actually trying to protect Americans they would regulate the carcinogens that go into cigs not the nicotene, smokers will just smoke more to get that kick.
Nicotene is now being tested for many mental illnesses with some success. Alzeimers, depression and ADD are just a few. During Hitlers reign he banned cigs, was it because he was a caring, loving tyrannt or because he knew that nicotene cleared the brain so that people could think for themselves, outside of the box, and make their own decisions rather than being led.
My opinion, nicotene has beneficial properties that are not beneficial for our twisted government. I also find a great deal of truth to the idea that smoking lines the lungs and could protect many from an "epidimic" if one ever came to pass. wink, wink
I also see that smoking can be blamed for many lawsuit provoking diseases that our government could not defend themselves against and would be bankrupt and exposed..
Finally...of course it is about the tax revenue as well. They know smokers will continue to smoke so why not make a buck lower nic levels so you smoke more and may not have so much of the thinking outside of the box.
The main factor imo for the nicotene angle is the push to ban the electric cig. that only delivers nicotene and is a non toxic way to quit smoking that has helped many.
But what do i know?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hmmmmm. Is that all? I roll my own, well that got a tax hike also. Bad thing is I paid about $8.00 US for 1 pound of my brand of tobacco (Zero additives) prior to April 2008. After April 2008, that same tobacco now costs about $35.00 US. That is over 400% increase based only on taxes. Now products are taxed in the US, amount of tax is to be represented by the 'value' of the product in question. Okay, once you exceed that 100% tax mark, doesn't it become "without representation" since the taxes now exceed the value of the product itself?

Being part Native American, tobacco is part of my life not just for pleasure, but for spiritual reasons as well, it is part of my heritage. BTW I do not recall my ancestors dying off from lung cancer, so I actually do question the 'dangers' of smoking per status quo. If it was truly 'bad for you' why not ban it, make it illegal like marijuana? Simply because money can be made from it, and money is power to those holding the cards.

The Idea of FDA having control of the tobacco industry being more than it seems is an interesting point I haven't really even looked at yet. Perhaps that is only the transitional control to ultimately go to WHO & NWO? Perhaps it is to insert materials into the tobacco just as is done with food products these days. Like Flouride in the water supplies

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It is like the others "smoking threads", that say smoking isnt dangerous. I don't understand these people claiming there is a conspiracy behind the anti smoking campaigns. Of course the people that make these threads are smokers lol what a joke. It is only coz u fear that one day u wont be able to smoke anymore so u think it is a conspiracy? That is ridiculous. Im open minded proove me that smoking doesnt damage nor the lungs neither the body? You created this topic only because of your selfishness, you only want to smoke forever because you are addicted.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by leisuredrummer

Nothing the goverment does really suprise's me anymore.I think they have a movie ....ummm...."Goverment Gone Wild"?

The time for this kind of behavior is near its end, and I can not wait to see it!

Star for you

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What you could always do is try using an electronic cigarette... it vaporizes nicotine, so that you don't get all of the other harmful ingredients and additives from smoking a normal cigarette. One of my friend's uses this, and swears by it (he even claims that he "smokes" less now).

Or, do what I did, and switch to pipe tobacco. Depending on what flavor you smoke, you can spend between $16 to $25 a pound for tobacco... versus the $36 for 5 ounces of "roll your own".

On an other note, from what I have heard, one of the reasons the FDA took over the tobacco regulations is because of pipe tobacco, with all of its flavors... rumor has it that the 500 Blend (tobacco, cinnamon and cocoa) was/is geared towards children (and other blends similar to that).

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You should not pay any more or less tax on tobacco or alchohol than that of your local state tax period.

The idea that the goverment takes a $3.00 profit for every tobacco product sold makes me sick. It's strong arm robbery, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think you got it wrong.

Owning big tobacco is like owning stock in the federal government. Along with stock comes power and influence. The government does not like the influence of tobacco companies because it gives outsiders power, the government does not want big tobacco to have that power thats why they are taxing the hell out of smokers. Not to help kill smokers but to try to get rid of big tobaccos influence over the federal government.

You see the big tobacco people are not bankers, but they do draw the same kind of revenue and economical power that the greedy bankers do.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
good, i hope they tax them 50$ a pack.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Have you people ever heard of e-cigs?
I doubt they could tax those.

Edit:
OR you could quit smoking.

In my opinion taxing this stuff even more could keep the children away and it does force many to quit.

Edit:
I just did some googling and in many countries those are illegal or on a way to becoming illegal.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by raj9721
The nicotine isn't harmful, its the additives and preservatives, so lowering the nicotine won't do any good.

Getting rid of all the nicotine is the only way to justify a campaign to end smoking.

The fields of the Amish in PA has a lot of tobacco. I guess for personnal use. Might I suggest grown your own if you have space? Guaranteed purity and strength.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by raj9721
270 million smokers in the U.S. (1998)

1.3 billion smokers in China (1998)

So lets say there are roughly 300 million smokers in the U.S. today, and a pack of cigarettes costs on average $6.00 ($9.75 where I live)

Current tax rate is $3.00 per pack

Lets say the average american smoker buys a pack every 3 days.

Thats $1.8 billion every 3 days, about $216 billion each year, half of which is government.

So $108 billion is government money, and that was using old statistics and being lenient.

That's nearly, if not more than, the entire population of each country respectively...even more so since your "numbers" are a decade old. Either you made a mistake, are lying or simply don't know any better. And population of of each country has increased since then.

Agree with the OP though; he/she is kinda making sense with this one...

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Threadfall]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well isn't that nice. It's nice to say that you want to help smokers quit, but that isn't what they are doing. They are doing it so we will have to buy more to get the same 'feeling.' They're going to turn a profit over it. It's true that if they really wanted to do something good, they would stop with all the additives. But the tobacco leaf is a part of Washingtons infrastructure and they will more than likely never make an outright ban of it. It's not so much a conspiracy, as anyone with intelligence in them can see what they are doing, they just aren't telling you the truth about why they want to "help" these smokers.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i honestly think moderate smoking is healthy, and that's why the gov. is so hard on it. they want to convince people it is so bad, so they can tax it all they want. this matches their fluoride-thing, and how many cancer-causing chemicals aren't regulated, but tobacco is.

OH, and don't forget NAZI germany, and their anti-smoking & environmentalist ideas ... pretty much exactly like the modern Democratic party.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

I read somewhere, I can't exactly recall where now, but I did read a few articles about the E-Cigarette being banned either by sale or at certain places..? I cant really remember which, either way it's something that someone is campaigning against.

Here's one I just came across.. HERE

And another explaining WHY they want to ban it.. HERE ..take it all in. They talk about children getting a hold of them.. like they can't swallow the plastic around a mcdonalds toy... It's all about making a profit to them.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Boogley]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Very true!

It is sad really, the government is hurting people with this tax while they make themselves appear to be 'helping smokers' (not that they should be doing that anyways!) and for what? To squeeze all the money they can out of the people they are harming.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
E cigarettes arn't FDA approved, go figure. However, there are a few gas stations where I live that sell them; they are a disposable kind, lasts for about a week or two with "normal" use.

Could also just get them online.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by leisuredrummer

This is all intriguing news, but just discussing it does nothing, is there anything that WE, the citizens can do? at all? Or should I just put the .357 to my head?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join