It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stigmata?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Look at this

hunter.apana.org.au...

Does it hurt?

Is is real?

Why does it happens?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It looks like a hoax to me. Just a catholic extremist trying to get attention and make everyone feel bad for sinning. Stigmata is something I would have to see/experience first for me to believe it.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thanx Jonna for the information

here's another site with pictures

www.soufanieh.com...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
One of my friends claims to have suffered from Stigmata as a child.. I have no reason to doubt him

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Does he has pictures or a video?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The thing that gets me, and I may have stated this before, is that IF Jesus was cruxified it would not have been through the hands as we are often lead to believe; it would have been through the lower arms because of the shape of the bones. This is why stigmatas could not be representitive of christs wounds if they are not in the appropriate spot. Has a bit of logic to it...not that I believe stigmatas have to actually do with jesus anyway.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vempire_cnc

Does it hurt?

By the looks of it, yes, I think it does.

Is is real?

Yes, it's a real occurence on the human body.

Why does it happens?

It happens from the power of the mind to manifest on the human body what it wants, much like hypnotism can cause one to manifest a burn from a cold icecube, through the power of suggestion. Other than that, this is just my opinion.

www.meta-religion.com...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have read that stigmata can appear because of emotional reasons. It sounds difficult to believe, but it might be possible.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Does he has pictures or a video?

No, he didnt exactly like to publicize the fact when he was a child.. I'm one of very few people who know

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by glee
I have read that stigmata can appear because of emotional reasons. It sounds difficult to believe, but it might be possible.

Many special abilities have been said to come about by the onset of emotions so it would not be that uncommon within that realm.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
the power of the mind is so powerful that you cannot control it by yourself

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

the power of the mind is so powerful that you cannot control it by yourself

I don't think that it is that we can't. It is rather like a computer. If we are only taught how to use a small fraction of its capabilities then the rest seems alien and hidden from us. We still technically have acess to it, but without the knowledge on how to use it this ability becomes practically unreachable.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a hidden knowledge

so it is dangerous to know too many things?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a hidden knowledge

so it is dangerous to know too many things?

I am not meaning to sound philosiphical when I say hidden; it is simply not understood. Dormant is perhaps a better word. You may have a car in the driveway, but unless you remember where you left the key, it does you no good.

Knowledge dangerous? No, it is like any other thing in that it is neither good nor evil, right or wrong. It is all in the application of the knowledge. If I had the power of telekinesis and the knowledge of anatomy, I could help restart someone's heart...or stop it.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
ok now i get it jonna

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
hmm... You bring up an intresting point Jonna, of what the human mind maybe capable of; and i am very curious to just what the human mind is cabable of...

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Romans considered the wrist to be a part of the hand. If you either nail it straight through those bones in the wrist or right below, it would still be considered the ahnd-NT is written in Greek, remember. Also, there is a nerve there, that if it was hit through that, would cause a LOT of unecessary pain.

Yes, there is a medical condition that causes you to SWEAT blood, usually across your whole body, not the palms. Christ was noted ro have done so himself, in the garden before his death--the sweat drops of blood thing.

top topics

join