It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timothy McVeigh Deserves a Statue of Honor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
I agree!!!Tim was a hero and the american people will see this very soon.He is a shining example of what needs to happen to get our country back..amen brother

Finally, another voice amongst the ill informed and the cowardly to understand the point. I am actually quite concerned about the mentality of alot of the posters who replied in this thread.

The sad part of the thread is so many including a person appointed as a moderator here are INCAPABLE of picking up the point of the thread.

The point of the statue was not to idolize a man for killing 18 kids in a daycare center when he and nobody knew there was a daycare center there, the point was the statue would serve as a memorial.

The memorial would be for both sides of government, those in government to realize what events they cause and for the people to remember what events the government caused.

However, the majority of the replies here showed me how insignificant the site here is now becoming when the people invited to post lack the fortitude to think outside the box.

My suggestion to those replying against the post, go pick out a lion costume from the wizard of Oz so your public can readily identify your true colors lol. Your views are stale, rhetorical and conformist.

As J.F.K. said, "conformity is the jailer of growth". I don't expect the people who have replied here will get that however because they are too scared that the government is watching them.

If this is the case, then I suggest you give up on posting anywhere on the net now, cause you will only sit back and do nothing as the government pierces the freedoms of online communication as well.

One question. Does the mentality of those replying come from Bambi and Thumper? If we can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Ummmmm, Noooo!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am against killing innocent people and I don't know enough about this situation.

But, when is 'collateral damage' justified? Would you display the same hatred towards American troops when they kill innocents under the direction of the US government?

Hiroshima and Nagasaki...justified because it ended the war? What if it didn't (and it almost didn't).

How about the drone attacks which occur in the Afghanistan and Pakistan region currently. Is it justified to kill many civilians to target a few militants?

When is the killing of innocents justified? Never in my opinion, but don't expect that when somebody attacks the USA that they will show some greater compassion and only kill those involved.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The point of the statue was not to idolize a man for killing 18 kids in a daycare center when he and nobody knew there was a daycare center there, the point was the statue would serve as a memorial.
reply to post by PAYBACKCOMESSOON

You really think that he didn't know that there was a day care in the building?!?! I don't buy it!! This was not a scheme that was thought of and planned overnight, get real!!! And just how the hell do you absolutely know that he knew that there was not a daycare in that building. It is MORE PROBABLE THAN NOT, that he did know!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Incapable? I'm wounded oh so deeply...

McVeigh was a murderer of children...he did this with malice in a stupidly misguided attempt to "avenge" Waco. Two wrongs made a right apparently in his mind, and no amount of spin will change that.

As I said earlier, a statue buried head down in unhallowed ground would be fine with me...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You can agree with his ideals, that's fine. I do too. But I do not condone killing ANYONE as a way to promote that ideology. There are plenty more people in this country who have done A LOT more to further this ideology without having to murder people to get their message across.

Those people deserve to have a statue erected in their name. Not a murderer.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
avoid arguing with a fool
they bring you down to their level, then win by experience.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Killing kids was just one part of it. But he also killed innocent adults who had nothing to do with WACO. Even if not one single child was injured or killed, his actions were still not justified.

Since when is not wanting to idolize a murder being closed minded and cowardly?? Seriously, you should pick another hero,dude. Killing people to further an ideology is NOT heroic. And I beg you to show me how it is.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hiroshima and Nagasaki...justified because it ended the war? What if it didn't (and it almost didn't).
reply to post by Nickmare

So O.K. President Truman, How would you choose to end the Second World War with Japan?!?!?! Hmmmm????? Knowing that the Atomic Bomb is availabe at your disposal. Knowing that invading Japan with ground forces, and engaging the Japanese in house to house fighting would cost hundreds of thousands of American/Alllied lives in the process?!?!? Knowing that the American People were growing weary of the war and the cost to their economy. The Japanese proved that they would, for the majority, fight to the death!!!! Now, knowing that, and trying to invade their homeland????? Every Japanese soldier encountered on Japanese soil woud be ten times deadlier than the ones encountered at Iwo Jima. Not to mention the Japanese civilains that decided to take up arms against the Americans. The Japanese Emporer didn't even surrender after the first bomb was dropped. They didn't surrender until after the second deployment, when they realized that thier country could not sustain that kind of damage.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
He KILLED Children in that bombing. He killed innocent office workers. Not everyone in a Federal Building is a jackboot.

And while I'm all for kicking Federal ass where ever it pops up, this kind of thing is unjustified and amounted to murder. Kids died in that attack. KIDS! Don't tell me he cared about kids. He caused a day care full of them to be crushed to death. This is some seriously twisted logic here and revisionism.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The same logic he used to kill people is the one terrorists used in London bombings, Madrid bombings, any terrorist attack that happens.

They are ticked off by some goverment(foreign or their own), they cannot reach the particular people they are angry about so they blow up the nearest place associated with it or just some random civilian target thinking it is somehow justified. It is an act of a coward who attacks those who cannot defend themselves.
There are pills for that. Seriously. You go to a psychiatrist, get your pills and they make you ok.

Regardless of your "cause" and the reason why you see yourself as "savior" or whatever, killing random people will NOT help your cause, it will destroy it and bury it deep into the ground.

McVeigh is not a hero, he is a coward. He didn't stand up to the goverment, he killed a bunch of random people. He didn't care if there were maybe children in the building, inocent bystanders, normal americans maybe even those who support him. He did not care. There is no bravery in such act. No heroism. Just cowardice and insanity.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Admittedly , I don't know the entire story of Waco. So I may be missing something here, but anytime anyone uses a bomb to get his point across isn't someone who deserves a statue.

I can assure you if any of my family members were murdered in that atrocity I would have some serious words for you their OP and if you would have said something along those lines to my face, you may not have the teeth to pronunicate your words any longer. It is disgraceful, and obsurd, and I can't believe people have starred this post.

Sad doesnt even begin to descibe it...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shinjiikari2839
32nd Degree masons deserve no honor, unless they disclose the masons, which he didn't.

Timothy McVeigh was not a Mason. He is usually describe as a Christian Fundementalist, which would self-disqualify him based on their beliefs or an Atheist which would make him ineligible to join.

And for what it is worth the scumbag does not deserve a statue.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ya he deserves a statue all right... How about one of him in the electric chair with a plaque that reads "This is what happens to cowards who kill innocent women and children."

We could have a contest and whoever can hit him in the face with a turd wins some amount cash.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hm..

all what I wanted to say has been said already. I can't star or flag this thread because I don't agree a cold blooded murderer deserves any statue or medal or prize....

Especially when he is the murderer of innocent children...

Want to give Jeffrey Dahmer a statue too?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well there ya have it PAYBACK, the majority of the posts are against your opinion. Even the ones who side with McVeigh and what he possibly stood for, agree that killing innocents is pointless and evil. Bad idea I think........

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON
Amazing how many cowards are here, whining about the post.

You speak nothing of the horrors committed against the victims of Waco, and try to pretend to be decent folk standing against McVeigh.

Wow, lotsa cowards in here exercising their right to be pansies.

So if government killed 5000 plus in the Twin Towers, the only repsonses we get here if someone did blow up the White house would be, that was wrong to fight back?

Gotta laugh here, thought there might be some people catching the point of the article, but the ones who respond, as always in every post, are the losers with nothing to offer but whining about a post.

I guess you losers will sit there and cry if government authorities come in and start your killing your family, yup, you are reallly heros hey lol?

Nope, you ignore the evils of government against your own people, therefore, you who replied negatively NEED TO BE IGNORED as well.

Haha, I upset some real wackjobs whose only courage is to publicly whine.

I feel even better about the post now.

I'm willing to bet you've never been on the receiving end of gun fire or explosives. I'm willing to bet that as you call people here cowards that you skipped over the OKC bombing history where you would have found out that CHILDREN made up a good chunk of those killed and injured. How is that patriotic?

I have freedom fighting in my blood. Long history of those who fought against Fidel Castro in the 60's, 70's and 80's. My family and I know how to take a bullet, or a prison sentence for fighting tyranny. Do you?

Do you read ANY history at all? Nothing can be done and seen as a justified act when there is morally reprehensible actions followed by morally reprehensible actions. The people will not support it..You wanna be a revolutionary? Read a few books first, revolutions are not just about killing those who you perceive as evil. They are about ideas as well. And if your ideas hold no water, you have no revolution, if you bypass ideas and go straight for the gun, then you will have a hard time explaining to the public why you thought that a building with a FULL DAY CARE was a legitimate target.

You call people here cowards for disagreeing with you. If this is going to be your modus operandi then I suggest you save the community at large some trouble and go away.

I am not afraid to put Courage behind my Convictions, and when the time is right I won't be afraid of the battle either. My face you can see, my name is in my signature. I am no coward.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wowee. I never thought I would read a thread like this in a milliion years. Timothy McVeigh does not deserve anything except death (is he already dead, I think so, right? GOOD). The reason being is he killed CHILDREN. You do NOT MESS WITH or hurt innocent children.

I don't care if he wasn't targetting them, he killed children and that is a vile, disgusting act.

You are a sick human being if you think killing children for ANY REASON is good.

He deserves nothing.

And don't even get me started about war, I know all about war (sadly). I bet you have never experienced combat or had a gun shot at you or had a bomb go off in your f'in face, so you can't make comments about war, sorry. And you have no right to call anyone a coward.

Don't sit here and try to call people cowards when you are trying to say Tim McVeigh was a hero. That man was a HUGE coward. The little pussy bombed a building and killed a bunch of children, freaking disgusting.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyeyes

So O.K. President Truman, How would you choose to end the Second World War with Japan?!?!?! Hmmmm????? Knowing that the Atomic Bomb is availabe at your disposal. Knowing that invading Japan with ground forces, and engaging the Japanese in house to house fighting would cost hundreds of thousands of American/Alllied lives in the process?!?!? Knowing that the American People were growing weary of the war and the cost to their economy. The Japanese proved that they would, for the majority, fight to the death!!!! Now, knowing that, and trying to invade their homeland????? Every Japanese soldier encountered on Japanese soil woud be ten times deadlier than the ones encountered at Iwo Jima. Not to mention the Japanese civilains that decided to take up arms against the Americans. The Japanese Emporer didn't even surrender after the first bomb was dropped. They didn't surrender until after the second deployment, when they realized that thier country could not sustain that kind of damage.

I'll respond, though I know I shouldn't to someone so patriotic as it is pointless.

I was posing the question, "Was it justified?" You think that yes, it was. In your mind killing innocents is justified, as long as it is believed that more will be saved by doing so?

But, how do you or anyone else know the outcome if the bombings didn't occur? How do you know that is why Japan surrendered? Maybe it was because USSR declared war with Japan. A lot of what I've read indicates Japan was already pretty much defeated and was about to look for peace through USSR. Many people believe the bombings were not necessary.

I will not say one way or the other...only that it saddens me that so many people had to die.

And what about the drone attacks in Afghanistan/Pakistan? Do you feel those are justified?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Nickmare]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love the side topic of WW2 being discussed
anyone who thinks dropping two atomic bombs to murder civilians is justified needs a slap in the face.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join