It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama Says Stimulus Plan To Kick In Later This Year

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If they have only spent 20% of the stimulus money so far what happened to the other 80%?

The banks don't have an answer, apparently a lot of money meant to provide more credit has simply vanished.



The only kick we will get later this year will be when Biden tries to explain why things have gotten worse, and how they underestimated how bad the economy REALLY was.

Should be good for a laugh or two.




posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias
 




Obama Says Stimulus Plan To Kick In Later This Year


I am not an expert in the subworld of economics and such but I do see the lives of those around me. From that, I cannot imagine how placing this nation into further debt and inventing more government, is going to do anything but create more problems.

I don't claim to have the answers but I do think that less government is far preferable to more, and that any corporate/government co-industry is just a bad, bad idea.

Okay, I'm done.



posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 

OK. I think I get a better picture now.

Yes, the Bush administration funneled billions of Defense Department (government) dollars to private contractors when Bush was in office. Those contractors--especially those at the top of their companies--made out like gangbusters. It was part of the Republican philosophy to privatize everything.

It looks like the Obama administration wants to hold Defense costs down by using civil service employees rather than contracting with so many private firms. This will also add new civil service jobs at a time when so many people are out of work.

It's true that when new programs like universal health care are created that takes dollars away from somewhere else in the budget.

But that explanation doesn't help any when your livelihood is being threatened.

I hope your husband's company gets some new business so he can stay on with them at his present salary, or at least that he gets a government job with decent benefits and job security.

I wish you both the best.


[edit on 11-7-2009 by Sestias]



posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
If they have only spent 20% of the stimulus money so far what happened to the other 80%?

The banks don't have an answer, apparently a lot of money meant to provide more credit has simply vanished.



The banks have been using their stimulus money to build up their reserves rather than lending. This is to prevent them from completely going under if there is a run on their bank or other similar catastrophe. It's in their economic interests to do it.

Not the best thing for the economy as a whole, but that's what they're doing with the money.



posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias
 


Thanks Sestias, now you see what I see, but remember that Obama's health care is not what it been advertised, in the present state that is the version Kennedy proposed is bound to fail and make more small businesses get out of business.

The cost is growing as the time goes by and very soon it will be as unsustainable as most social programs are that is why they are not working right now.

I live in the south, majority black, When Obama won it was dancing in the streets, specially from the working poor in our community, sorry to say that today is not longer any dancing neither any talks in the corner about change.

People are starting to see that when it comes to Obama or any other president they always fall short on promises.

Next elections are going to be very interesting, after all I was one of those that voted for Obama, but no next time.



posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Remember one thing. Obama is not calling the shots. His bosses (NWO) are. The only thing the stimulus plan is going to do is finance the criminal elements of the NWO aka The Federal Reserve. This is their big plan. To destroy the American Dollar to put forward their one world currency. And their plan is taking off nicely especially with their puppet Obama!

Not see the strings?



posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

GM out of bankruptcy...after 50 BILLION tax payer dollars, I would hope so, but coming out of bankruptcy without dealing with the real problem, they will continue to struggle. The real problem being the Auto workers Union, and their legacy costs. This is the biggest reason GM will not be able to compete with foreign car companies.



Actually, the UAW has made many concessions and agreed to work for less.

But you ultra-conservatives think American workers are being treated too well!

It's true that if auto workers were paid what Wal-Mart workers get, with no benefits, pensions or any health care, GM shareholders would be much richer. They're the only ones who count, right?

Better yet, if they paid them 3 cents an hour like they do in China they'd be even more profitable.

Down with the unions! Workers should have no rights! (*sarcasm off*)



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join