It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Having A Single World Government End Nuclear War Forever?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You don't have to star or flag me because this is a very short post. However despite it's shortness, I feel it is a good question which I hadn't considered before.

Apologies if this is already in a bigger, more established thread.

With Medvedev's unveiling of a One World Government coin yesterday, it got me to thinking, about what it would/WILL be like when the NWO is established.

I thought about alot of bad or negative things, but one positive thing I came up with was that it would be totally unnecessary to have any Nuclear weapons anywhere on Earth if we have a NWO.

Possibly, any weapons in general. Though that scares me a bit, maybe all weapons will be taken from us and they will all be kept by them.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I see your point, but you could still have civil disobidence and civil wars between in fighting factions.

Unless your making an assumption that no one would misbehave in a NWO

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As long as there are nuclear weapons, or the materials to make them, there will always be the risk that someone will use them.

And beyond nuclear weapons, there will probably come something worse in the future.

edit for typo...

[edit on 11-7-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I believe that in order for our Earth to advance to the next civilization, a One World Goverment needs to be created to achieve this goal. Let me toss out a hypothetical:

Let us say that Alien's are visiting us from another planet. I think in order for them to achieve this task, the planet they are living on would have to have consolidated itself into a One World Goverment, utilizing all the planets resources, and from there space exploration becomes possible. The planet and all its habitants would need to solidify themselves to work for one main purpose ... and that purpose is to the travel to the stars and beyond. Possibly an international effort is the first part (like the ISS), but from there, I think a collaboration and unified planet would need to consolidate itself to obtain the goals of advanced space travel.

So going back to the OP's question: Yes, I believe a One World Goverment would absolutely eliminate nuclear war. I say this because the only wars I believe would be fought would be against the people with limited fire power. A military could easily waltz into a city or county or state and declare "martial law", and blah blah blah. I think you catch my drift.

Good question too!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
In some respects, a one world government is a noble goal, and an evolution of humanity. In other respects, it is a huge danger to humanity. You will end the prospect of nuclear war (which I don't think is anything to be afraid of anyway) but you will lose the chance to fight for freedom and the sovereign protection of your values if they come under threat. Any opposition would be considered an internal matter and quashed accordingly. That is what concerns me about it, and leaves me unable to support it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Given an fully implemented New World Order/One world Govt we won’t need any more nukes because we simply don’t need nukes to run a prison/a prison planet. But that’s a stupid excuse/solution. Basically we can end all wars in two ways:

- By establishing a just world in which every human being is allowed to live, thrive and lead a peaceful life.

- Or by suppressing people so intensely everybody becomes an utterly controllable, terrorized and intimidated slave (Speak about One World Govt as being planned right now).

Now, in both cases there will be “no more wars “ and no more nukes needed. How great, but, which of the two solutions is the right path? Of course we all know the answer. Only problem is, many don’t WANT to know it.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by WonderfulWorld]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
- double post error -

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
No more than it would eradicate war in general. There would be people placed in power to oversee sections of the planet (one person could never manage the ENTIRE world) and those individuals would have differing opinions and bickering no doubt. You would likely have wars between 'sections'.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
No, they would just be used on "insurgents" or whomever would be organizing against the world order.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
No, they would just be used on "insurgents" or whomever would be organizing against the world order.

Lol, and those 'insurgents' would probably form underground secret societies using secret symbols and handshakes, work to infiltrate the government and begin an overarching plan to usher in an 'Old World Order'.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by El Davicho]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Personally, I'm utterly shocked that no nuclear weapons have been fired between nations since Hiroshima/Nagasaki. If you'd asked me at the time, I would have said I didn't think humanity had it in itself to avoid a nuclear war for 65 years.

But impressive and heartening as that is, its still just the beginning of the road, and as time goes on "proliferation" will continue, with more and more states (or non-state players) picking up nukes. Personally, I consider Pakistan the most unstable nuclear state...then there are issues like the supposed 100 USSR-era "suitcase nukes" that suddenly vanished around the time of the fall of the Communism...if true, who knows where they are right now? What if the US undergoes severe economic collapse and something similar happens? Recently one military base suddenly found 900 vials of toxins, including ebola, that they had somehow "forgotton to account for" (there is an ATS thread on it somewhere). If that kind of slip-up can happen now, how long is it before we lose a warhead or two?

I am pessimistic enough to believe that sadly, humans will fire nuclear weapons at each other again and it always, ALWAYS has the potential to turn into a global nuclear holocaust.

[edit on 7/11/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
99% of the people who know what the NWO is; think it is evil.
---
to be honest, i think the NWO is the only chance humans have. if we dont stop fighting like angry siblings nothing good will come in the end.
---
nothing on this planet will be fixed until all are one. i think the NWO would get rid of alot of problems the planet is facing and man are facing.

sure, people will have to die, but the end is well worth the means.
===

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
---
to be honest, i think the NWO is the only chance humans have. if we dont stop fighting like angry siblings nothing good will come in the end.
---
nothing on this planet will be fixed until all are one. i think the NWO would get rid of alot of problems the planet is facing and man are facing.

===

Well, ain't that a honest & clear statement - Mr prison warden.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There were two bitter rivals armed to teeth with nukes and it all ended (or so far went) pretty well. Give or take Cuban missile hiccup. So while one centralized world government probably would make chance of complete obliteration of Human society by nuclear weapons much much lower, it would almost surely result in nuclear terrorism. There would be no major wars, just a lot of local conflicts. There will be no crusades, just gentle push toward single culture and religion resulting in lot of min-crusades.
Frankly i do not see why change current problematic situation into another problematic situation. Any theoretical benefit of single government would be eaten up by inevitable massive corruption and quarrels between different lobbies. And then would come another emperor/fascist style leader and make it into one giant prison. This is inevitable development. Well, at least in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

In all reality
What you are saying is that it is better to let the cancer take over our bodies and then enjoy living with cancer and ignore the fact that it will kill us.

They won't need nukes to keep us in order, the fluoride water, the GM crops and the mind numbing programming from the TV will stop all resistence.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have been a fan of the world government concept for a long time now. When I first entered college, we had to write a paper on anything we wish. Mine was on the benefits of a world wide government. While I understand where the naysayers are coming from, I strongly believe in the long run the pros outweigh the cons.

Medical and Scientific advances

Lack of need for a formal military (more than likely replaced with a variation of riot police)

Stable economy

No traditional wars

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
For centuries the only security some people had was physical separation. Over time, methods of travel have diminished that security. The Internet has mostly eliminated the communication barrier. And even today, citizens of every country post, discuss and argue ideals and ideology... and still people can't agree.

So how is one government going to overcome the opinions of the citizens?... opinions ingrained upon a generation by the previous... opinions incontrovertible in their minds.

In my opinion, we're centuries away from a working 'world government' that the people will voluntarily accept.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

---
---

===

I have heard people talk like this in the past... usually those who expect to live in this new Utopia of course.

If people must die, would you volunteer yourself and YOUR family and friends to be the first sacrifice? Say, trimming down the population a bit so that the "chosen" my continue on with a better life. Not so good if your not deemed worthy is it?

I bet not. Usually the only people with that opinion assume they are not the ones that must "die" and "suffer" for the "chosen" people that will bring forth a new Utopia.

See, there is only one way a "one world government" will come into existence in the near future and that is through control. Would you like to live under the Nazi new world order if they would have won WW2?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
They are still being used now in a way, they are there to prevent direct wars between powerful countries ran by opposing factions of the secret government. Thus we see the proxy battles fought through less powerful undeveloped countries by tptb. When the NWO is in place they might just be what is used to thin out the populace of the Earth.

Or if project Bluebeam has any truth to it, the NWO will partially come to power after a short human war, all nukes will be disarmed. Only then will a supposed alien threat come to the fore requiring the whole of mankind to fight together under one banner the NWO (since we got rid of all the nukes, which could theorhetically blast anything near Earth to bits).

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

---
---

===

I have heard people talk like this in the past... usually those who expect to live in this new Utopia of course.

If people must die, would you volunteer yourself and YOUR family and friends to be the first sacrifice? Say, trimming down the population a bit so that the "chosen" my continue on with a better life. Not so good if your not deemed worthy is it?

I bet not. Usually the only people with that opinion assume they are not the ones that must "die" and "suffer" for the "chosen" people that will bring forth a new Utopia.

See, there is only one way a "one world government" will come into existence in the near future and that is through control. Would you like to live under the Nazi new world order if they would have won WW2?

And who is to say anyone must "die"? What good reason would there be for a sacrifice of the population? Logic would suggest that in a singular government, corporations would be more influential then they are now. Less people = less profit, so how does death bring business?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join