It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Having A Single World Government End Nuclear War Forever?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Quite simply, no. I like Your premise, but forcing everyone under one roof so as to speak does nothing to fix the problem.

The problem of war stems from many different factors: fear, greed, retaliation, or revenge , , , , er, that's all I have right now, it's late, and my thoughts escape me. I don't really know what to do about greed, but I don't think everyone shares that. Revenge??? Well, I don't think that usually entails an entire nation. I think it boils down to fear.

Fear is the real enemy, and it is born from not knowing, or a lack of understanding something different. It is the prime motivator used by very powerful People to incite rage, and anger into a group of People. Enough to cause a war on their behalf; which is either due to greed, or revenge.

The real deal Person wouldn't need to hide behind an army built at it's core from fear, but would face the challenge on their own.

I don't think a better World order could exist under a One World order because We are simply different; each, and everyone of us. Now, to embrace each other's differences, societies, and cultural differences, well We certainly could build a diverse, and truly just World order built from many nations that embrace the differences.

Remember mundane looses appeal, it is variety that sets the stage for entertaining, and appeal.

S&F

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If there was one world government, there would still be insurgencies in different parts of the world by people that didn't want to be part of one world government.

Could an all-powerful one world government resist the temptation to use nuclear weapons to rid themselves of these insurgencies (and send a message to others contemplating rebellion)?

Hard to know.

But then absolute power does tend to corrupt absolutely ...

<< 1   >>

join