It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had the swine flu!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Disclaimer: Mods please move this if it's not in the right place.

Well, so we found out that a couple of people on post here had the swine flu, so those of us who had (what I thought) were minor head colds went to the clinic to get checked out. My test results came back positive and I'm on quarantine in my quarters for the next 5 days.

First: The swine flu is just like normal flu but more contagious.

Second: The worst my symptoms ever got was the coughing the first night I had it. I'm not dead and I'm not dying. - - Yay media hype.

Wish I could tell you more, like predictions of doom and destruction or about how blood came out of my eyes, but no.

Swine flu is a joke.

Unless you're really old or a tiny baby. Or have respiratory problems..... Other than that, it's nothing really.

Are they making "I Beat the Swine Flu" t-shirts?

Also.

I haven't had any shots, vaccinations, or anything else to deal with or treat it. I plan on refusing any vaccine they come up with. As of right now, I'm perfectly fine. Just bored miserable and stuck in my room for the better part of the week.

Cheers!

[edit on 11-7-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
[snip]

Second: The worst my symptoms ever got was the coughing the first night I had it. I'm not dead and I'm not dying. - - Yay media hype.

Wish I could tell you more, like predictions of doom and destruction or about how blood came out of my eyes, but no.

Swine flu is a joke.

[snip]
[edit on 11-7-2009 by mf_luder]

Tell that to the family members and friends who have lost loved ones to H1N1 Flu.

Count your blessings. No joke.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ok,
As a swine flu survivor you have to have some insight into some things that the rest of us don't know yet.

A few important questions.

1. Do you have conversations with spiders that can spell?

2. Do leftovers taste any better?

3. Is your tail any more curly than usual ?

Glad you are OK. Keep that mask on for a while.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

I hear you.

This wasn't intended to belittle their losses.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Several weeks ago I came down with a very heavy cold and I had trouble breathing, my lungs hurt and I kept coughing up phlegm it was truly horrible. It was over in a week or 10 days but it was quite frightening not to be able to breathe in without a blockage in the airway. I don't know whether or not it was H1N1 but I am guessing it probably was not.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blackhatchet

Well, I talked to the doc and he said - swine flu is just like normal flu except it spreads more easily. If you had it, you probably didn't even know you had it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well, Swine Flu isn't really a joke, as dreams 'n' chains said. It is to be taken seriously, much in the same way normal flu should be taken seriously (especially if you're the kind of person that is very vulnerable to the virus)

What is a joke, and what I think you intended to be the joke, is the overreaction the media took towards the virus. They were in absolute hysterics over something that, while a very serious threat to certain groups, is really no more dangerous or lethal than the regular strain of the virus (which accounts for large numbers of deaths per year, though we obviously don't hear about them, because they don't make interesting news).

A dozen or more kids at my school (it's a pretty big school) had the virus, by the way. (It might not sound alot, but keep in mind we're in way off Australia!)

[edit on 11-7-2009 by sorennn]

[edit on 11-7-2009 by sorennn]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It seems I too had it a few weeks ago and didn't even really notice. I didn't go to the doc, but self-medicated and got on with it.

Felt achey, had a cough which produced bright green phlegm, snotty nose and the like for about 4 days. Didn't think much of it and still went to work like normal, plenty of other people were having "colds" and still worked.

Our company issued statements saying some had called in sick as they had been confirmed and were "quarantined", the rest of us just got on with life. Those that went off sick and were "quarantined" had already been in work coughing and spluttering so not sure what the point of isolating them was.

Turns out I gave it to my pregnant sister who was confirmed by the Doc last week. She was a bit worse for wear but has just come out the other end, thankfully. She was given the nasal spray anti-viral as a precaution, relenza?

Alot of media hype over nothing this. I've had worse cases of "normal" flu!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sorennn

Exactly.

Thanks for clarifying where I may have not.

I was making fun of the media's reaction to it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't know guys, I had the stinking thing and it made a comeback that I am still working on getting over! For me, I was never so sick with any flu or cold in my life as I was with this thing. I also spoke to my mother in law who had this and she had the same symptoms I did.

This thing laid me down for two weeks on the first round and the same for the second. I am up and around now but still feeling horrible and hacking like a coyote.

I don't think it is a joke at all, especially if you have any, and I do mean ANY sort of health issues. For those who only get a very mild illness, thank your god for that as this is the nastiest thing I have had.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The poster of this thread didn't say anything that could have been taken in that way. They lost their loved ones through other problems, mixed with swine flu. You know chest problems and so on.

So don't go attacking someone when you youself put them words in their mouth.

To Mf luder i think it was

Thanks for letting everyone know about swine flu. I'm sick of the media saying all this stuff! How can we ever trust them? I know a few people have had it and they're ok, but it's good to hear it from an actual case.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Reklaw]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I just got over it too. Mild fever, nausea, headache, but mainly a cough. nothing big. just missed some work .. booo hooo

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reklaw

The poster of this thread didn't say anything that could have been taken in that way. They lost their loved ones through other problems, mixed with swine flu. You know chest problems and so on.

So don't go attacking someone when you youself put them words in their mouth.

[snip]
[edit on 11-7-2009 by Reklaw]

I put no words in his/her mouth. It is quoted verbatim, as is yours above. As the OP readdressed. As others who have had this can confirm.

Read the flu threads Reklaw... people are dying from Novel H1N1. This is no joke. It has not been being covered in the MSM in the USA and when it has been it has been excused as the victims having underlying health conditions. No... their being pregnant did not kill them, them being slightly overweight did not kill them, them being children did not kill them,etc... H1N1 killed them.

As a healthcare worker, I am watching this effect people and it is, very seriously, no joke. Lack of empathy in todays society never fails to appall me... and I will not change... thank God.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
To answer your question about the shirts, yes ,yes they do.
www.zazzle.co.uk...

But in all honesty i agree with you, i may of had the flu i may not of i didnt go to the Dr but i was pretty ill with flu like symptoms, i had to spen a few days and nights at the hospital when my wife gave birth and im a firm believer that hospitals can make you sick.
It seemed that every time i went down stairs for a smoke or whatever there was this very sickly looking ghost of a woman wandering around with a mask on, im sure she had the pig aids and she would wear the mask but leave her nose out the top. I dont know if it was the pig aids i caught but if she had it im sure i got it off her.
But i never saw a Dr got over it after a week and life is good, but it could of been another summer flu.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
HI Guys,

I've had it too and so has my Wife.

I can confirm that what seems to be the worst is the really bad cough, I coughed so much that my throat was actually burning.. It fely like it had no skin on it at all.

Another major symptom for me was tiredness.. I just slept for 3 days and i could not stay awake at all.

As for the severity of the symptoms; I work for myself and so never take time off with illness, for obvious reasons (I loose Money) however while i was ill with this i literally had to put everything on hold for the 4 days while i was at my worst as i just could not function.

I didnt die or bleed out of my eyes but in my opinion its pretty nasty

What helped for me was co-codamol but its only available on prescription. i found that as it is soluble it soothed my throat soon after drinking and it also brought my high temperature down.

Another thing that helps is Tyrozettes, you can buy these over the counter, you suck them and they numb your throat completely.

Its also a good idea to check anything with your doctor or pharmacist first though

Hope my little bit of info helps anyone who's ill at the moment

Chroot

edit for spelling

[edit on 11/7/2009 by chroot]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Wow, you can talk crap.
You did put words in his/her mouth!
You twisted what he/she said, did you not?
Implying they said that they have no thought for the dead, or their family/friends and their state, when in fact, they did not.

People who have died have all had other reasons that were related in some way or another.
For example, a fully healthy child, is still a child, who has not fully developed into their strongest form. They're weaker and have fewer immunities to diseases than we do. There have also been older deaths recorded. I'm not even going to go into that, no one is stupid enough to not understand why they're dead. There have also been deaths caused by other illnesses, as I'm sure you are aware of, considering you're such an expert on this subject.

There's been 6'000 cases in England, my last check. How many people have died?
How many of them fit the description, I've given?

Yea', exactly.
All of them.

Facts do not lie, unlike the media and other resources.

You came here and tried to turn the poster into the enemy, by making a stupid statement, like you're an amazing person and in the right. I feel that if anything, you should apologize to the poster for being so condescending towards them, for giving their opinion.

Them: The worse I had was coughing the first night, “Swine flu is a joke”

You: “Tell that to the family members and friends who have lost loved ones to H1N1 flu.

Count your blessing. No joke.”

Ridiculous, oh, and don't think you can patronize me by telling me to read threads, and talking at me. You have neither the capacity, nor the knowledge to belittle people when you talk. If you have an opinion, we're all going to listen. If you attack somebody with a stupid, small, condescending statement, go somewhere else.

We're all entitled to an opinion.

Oh, and believe me, I understand the full effects of Swine flu.
I understand you're a health care assistant, that does not mean you know more than someone else, who has dealt with many cases. If you really have dealt with these cases, you will know the patients history and health problems, they've had or have. This being said, anyone who has died will have had other related problems. Swine flu kills in the same way as normal flu. Fact.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chroot

Yea', it's a stronger case of the normal flu.
It's a nasty thing to get and I wouldnt wish it on anyone, but atleast you're ok and well.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I had a runny nose for a bit and felt a little ill when it was warm a few weeks ago, I wonder if that was a mild version, now I have bad back and neck aches like a trapped nerve but i'm coping.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

if it helps my doctor told me that aching in the neck was a symptom however you need to be cautious as not being able to place your chin on your chest can also be a symptom of meningitis...

Its just the ache in the neck thats a symptom of the dreaded Lurge, (swine flu)

chroot

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The ache orginates from the back going upwards mainly and have been sneezing a bit too today, hope that is not a bad sign or just the cold weather change we are having in the UK.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join