It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddy, can you spare a dime for Tom Brady?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is so sad...is there any compassion left in this crummy world?

Here’s the story: Paiva got out of jail five years ago and after serving his time, tried to go on the straight and narrow. He took odd jobs and had a side gig as a trash picker.

“I would go out the night before the trash got picked up and see what people put out. If there was anything good, I would take it and sell it,” he explained.

Of course, as Paiva explains it, he always found better stuff in the ritzier neighborhoods, so one night last fall he found himself in an alley in the Back Bay checking the discards.

“I saw these two stainless steel metal containers behind a garage next to the trash,” Paiva said. “Scrap metal was really high at the time so I grabbed them and put them in my truck.”

Paiva took the planters to a scrapyard in Everett, collected $450 and was feeling pretty good about life. Right up until he got a call from a Boston police detective.

news.bostonherald.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1ff4e4c54b8.jpg[/atsimg]

The QB, by the way, will earn some $30 million this year in salary and endorsements.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I read the story. I don't think we can fault Brady. By the account relayed here, he probably isn't even aware this happened.

Definitely a bummer. It sure looks like it could be an honest mistake. The guy is an ex bank robber, so that's definitely not in his favor when trying to explain how he accidentally stole something.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

I predict that Tom Brady will get this straightened out and will also assist this man to getting back on his feet. I hope he also fires whoever was responsible for letting these charges go forward.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If anyone needs a whuppin', it's the delivery company who left something so valuable out back with the trash cans.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i hope so. it seems like he would have figured this out by now, he is getting his money paid back so he is cashing the checks.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
if brady wanted this all sorted out dont you think he couldve done something BEFORE this even became a news article?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don't know if we have enough information to know that. The amounts are probably being paid to the court and forwarded to whoever handles Brady's small change.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet once Brady becomes aware of the situation, all will be put right. He's a good guy, even if he plays for the EEEEEvile Pats. (Colts fan here
)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Maybe because the man was a baseball fan....red socks hat. lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i have a hard time believing that this guy "stole" from tom brady and he was punished and no one alerted the "victim" in this "crime"

edit:

didnt see there was a second page.

i think this whole thing got rushed a little bit. i mean, it does seem like brady doesnt know, and the judge has thrown the book at this guy without asking if brady wants to press charges. a bit crazy if you ask me

[edit on 10-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Unfortunately for this fellow, having a prior felony conviction, of bank robbery nonetheless, will not bode well for him, especially on a Larceny charge.

He might be a garbage picker but those stainless steel planters had to have been in some form of shipping packaging and most likely did not appear to look like normal garbage.

Unfortunately , Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.
Karma is repaying him for stealing again.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Unfortunately for this fellow, having a prior felony conviction, of bank robbery nonetheless, will not bode well for him, especially on a Larceny charge.

He might be a garbage picker but those stainless steel planters had to have been in some form of shipping packaging and most likely did not appear to look like normal garbage.

Unfortunately , Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.
Karma is repaying him for stealing again.
so because this old man commited a crime he deserves this? he did his time, 10 years actually., is that not enough for karma?
and how do you think karma is going to pay tom brady back? what is 8k to a multi-millionair?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Its sad true! But you see most people are just okay with the world being this way..
From this poor guy to the Men and Women giving their lives to save you and me!!!!!

Its a damn shame.. While the whole time our government can bail out all their Wallstreet criminal friends.. The true heroes and good guys of the world can suffer!!!

A damn shame.. And the thing is.. To many people are just "okay" with the way it is right now.. We have some people who speak out vs this..
And some people protest about this.. But in the end.. Theres just not enough of us to make any real difference.. And thats the real shame..

(speaking in general) (not about Tom Brady)
Just as long as he has his.. He don't care bout you..
Until he doesnt have it anymore, and then looks to everyone else with.. And wonders why he didnt do anything we he had it all...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, I was just wondering, did Tom Brady see a UFO? Did Denny? I bet ol' Denny has got some stories in him, huh?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
well it has been a few days now and not a peep from good 'ol Brady...he just keeps on collecting money from this broken down old man...his 30 million dollars a year is obviously not enough....what a scumbag

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think the delivery company should have to pay the fine. After all they threw away the delivery.

The people in the area called the police, Brady probably still has no idea what is going on. Often times people like Brady are surrounded by handlers and they have no clue what is really going on in their lives. His manager probably handled the lawyer and didn't say word one to Brady.

One day maybe Brady will say, "Didn't I order some flower pots?" And then he will find out.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There is no way Tom Brady can know the whole story about this.Anyway a buisness man stepped up and paid the old mans fine so Brady looks like a total goof.

Tom Brady...flower pots....cmon. Is Brady planting flowers in his spare time now ?Does he look like a flower guy ??

Who of his calibre in the public spotlight is going to tarnish their image for four grand ?

Someone screwed up i just doub it was Brady.

Anyone on the Brady side would only know that a 10 year convict stole something.Having no background info on the man or his medical conditions the natural thing to do would be press charges.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by jimstradamus]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
...is there any compassion left in this crummy world?

I find this question so ironic considering your stance in the vast majority of your other posts & threads. Just one recent example:

Originally posted by JulieMills
So I write him about once a week it seems like on every controversial bill and I am usually a real Bitch to him and threaten him and he or his staffers are always so nice even when I call on the phone and abuse them

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remind me again, who are we supposed to feel compassion for?

Hypocrite much?

OT:

Perhaps this will all get cleared up if it was an abuse of justice or misunderstanding. I'd like to view the security footage. That would explain a lot. Otherwise, slow news day.

Life sucks and then you die.

I'm sure you'll find a way to blame Obama.

Toodles.........KK

[edit on 14-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

join