It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama was born in Hawaii and is our President.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
After debating in at least 3 different threads on the subject I wanted to put forth the other side of this issue.

The fact is, Obama was born in Hawaii, he is a Natural Born Citizen, he therefore has the right to be our President. However some on this board no matter what evidence I present, stubbornly refuse to just acknowledge that they are in the wrong, and this issue has been debunked.

The issue at hand comes from Article 2 Section 1 of the United States Constitution (USC). It also comes from the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution (A14). This lists the requirements to be President of the United States of America (POTUS).

This probably has a lot to do with Obama's speech he made on October 16 2008 at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner.

People sometimes take things too seriously and out of context. But I digress.

Obama was born in Hawaii. Hawaii as most should know is a state in the United States. An island chain located in the Pacific ocean at Latitude: 21° 18' 25 N, Longitude: 157° 51' 30 W. While not physically attached to the mainland USA Hawaii still enjoys all of the same laws and other freedoms afforded to it's citizens as any mainland US citizen does. This means that a person born in Hawaii is a natural born US citizen and thus when they reach the age of 35 they are eligible to run and be POTUS.

So as proof positive, people are asking for Obama's Birth Certificate...

In the U.S., the keeping of vital statistics is a state function, because it is not a power assigned by the Constitution to the federal government (under the Tenth Amendment, all powers not given to the federal government are reserved to the states and the people), and yet the federal government is extremely dependent upon this state function it lacks direct jurisdiction over, because the Fourteenth Amendment expressly grounds American citizenship upon birth in the United States (a jus soli system of citizenship).

Therefore, the federal and state governments have traditionally cooperated, to some extent, to improve vital statistics. From 1900 to 1946 the U.S. Census Bureau designed standard birth certificates, collected vital statistics on a national basis, and generally sought to improve the accuracy of vital statistics. In 1946 that responsibility was passed to the U.S. Public Health Service. Unlike the British system of recording all births in "registers", the states file an individual document for each and every birth. In most states, this document was, and still is, entitled a "Certificate of Live Birth".
Source: en.wikipedia.org...-2003rev-2

So Obama issued publicly his COLB. It can be found on the internet for everyone to view. People of course have claimed that it's a forgery (of course they have) they have claimed it's not a real Birth Certificate because it's labeled a Certificate of Live Birth, (of course they have) But the glaring truth is, COLB is a birth certificate.

Some have argued without any evidence to support their claim that a COLB is not valid identification enough to get a drivers license in some states, and therefore it's not a valid enough identification for Obama to use to be POTUS.

Where they fail is that Article 2 Section 1 of the USC does not specify what form of identification is valid in order to prove ones Natural Born US Citizenship status. Where they also fail is to point out in A14 where it states that a COLB is not valid enough proof of ones Natural Born American Citizenship Status.

So for reasons of fairness I will post both Article 2 Section 1 of the USC and A14 for everyone to review.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
Source: www.senate.gov...

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
Source: www.senate.gov...(1868)

Now that we have the legal requirements out of the way, let me offer proof that Obama, Born in Hawaii is eligable to be our 44th POTUS.

www.snopes.com...
and
www.factcheck.org...

But of course every good conspiracy needs to completely ignore real facts such as these in favor of the conspiracy itself. This one however, has not does not and will not hold water. That is of course unless someone out there can come up with actual proof that Obama was born in Kenya, Indonesia, Krypton (wherever) and Not Hawaii.

The oft touted demand people have is: Why doesn't he show his Birth Certificate already and be done with it?

The answer is... Get ready... It's a big one....

He already has.

He was born in this country, has resided in this country for at least the last 14 years and is older than 35 which is all three requirements that the USC needs for him to be our 44th POTUS.

It's time to put this conspiracy to bed. This dead horse has had enough whipping for one lifetime.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I just don't understand this issue. He's already the president. We know our presidents to essentially be dictators. Why would anyone think, even if it were true, that President Obama would stand in trial and be accused of not legally being able to be president? Wouldn't this constitute an issue of "national security", or some other jargon?

I just don't ever see it possible that (once again even if it were the case) anything would ever come of this, period. Perhaps if he went against TPTB, they could use this route to oust him instead of assassination, but it's not going to happen because a citizen finds information proving he's not a legal born-citizen.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The issue came up during the election. Both McCain and Obama were asked to provide proof that they were Natural Born US Citizens. McCain was born on a Navy Base in Panama. (US military bases in other countries still count as US Soil and so McCain would be eligible to be POTUS as he has been in the US for the last 14 years and is at least double the prerequisite age for the job.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Cool. Didn't mean to belittle the thread, I just don't see it ever coming to much of anything. If I remember correctly, wasn't there supposed to be several hearings on this late last year? I thought that these issues were not even properly addressed. The judge simply would not hear them, or something to that effect. Sorry if I'm a bit mistaken, but thought that this is what happened.

Okay, now I see just how off topic I am here. It's not about if he will go through any legal proceedings, it's about the continued debate here on ATS and elsewhere. It's to get the facts out. I see, my bad.

Oh and btw, S & F

[edit on 10-7-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thanks Whatukno, I have waited a long time to hear someone put down the facts on this issue. You have done well, a star 4u

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This thread may as well be a white house press release. Here's another fact you can add to your list. Anyone, regardless of their place of birth, can obtain the exact same "certification of live birth" from Hawaii that he did.

You should be a little upset with Mr. Obama I would think. After all, you wouldn't have to endure the frustration of trying to create real proof, spending hours linking pseudo-evidence together, and enduring endless frustration at the hands of those who don't happen to worship him the way you do, if he'd take 17 seconds out of his day, to instruct one of his aides to take 4 minutes out of their day, and show the world his original birth certificate.

Copies and "certifications", along with digitally archived newspaper clippings, and a snopes article that was edited two days ago may be good enough for you, but when anyone can obtain the same articles of evidence for themselves, regardless of where they were actually born, to me, does not constitute proof. Especially when there's so many discrepancies about his past. But that's ok, you just keep on keepin' on. After all, regardless of his eligibility, he's doing worlds of absolutely nothing for our country.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

They did show the birth certificate.

Would you show us your original birth certificate?

The question would be, why would the office in charge of Vital Statistics release the only original to you. Your not entitled to the original. You would get a certified legal copy of the original. It would be completely legitimate.

Oh and for that nonsense that you can get yourself a Hawaiian birth certificate, did you actually read the law or did you assume by the creative title that it was the truth?

Cause you missed an important part.

Here's the entire law your referring to if any of the words are to big for you Ill be more than happy to explain them to you.

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.

(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]

Please note part (b) it's quite important. Your parents would have to prove to the director of health that you had legal residency in the State of Hawaii. This is along with the other parts (the part where it says) "The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate."

Did you get that part? Is it clear? Ok. so now that we have shown that you cannot get yourself a Hawaiian birth certificate. Can you now see that Obama is really and truly a Natural Born American Citizen.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
hmmm. so thats why he is sending our jobs overseas...whats so american about that

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not here to defend his idiotic way of running the country, I am just here to defend his right to be our idiotic leader.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
oh man are you in for a shocking surprise...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

Yea that horse manure won't go anywhere but the trash can. But you never know.

All I have ever asked was for real hard evidence. As of yet no one has given me any. Perhaps this guy has some. I doubt it, but maybe he does.

Or maybe he doesn't want to get deployed to Afghanistan (don't blame him for that) and hes looking for whatever bull dunk thing he can so he doesn't have to.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
oh man are you in for a shocking surprise...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only people who will be in for a surprise are those who jump to conclusions before any actual evidence has been presented.

That case is tenuous at best, and as of yet none of the supposed evidence has been publicly presented or even privately reviewed.

That may change in the future, but as of right now 100% of the evidence points to him being born in Hawaii.

S&F Op, its about time someone actually got around to denying ignorance on this subject, rather than embracing it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Let me just say this...
EXHIBIT B!!! EXHIBIT B!!! THAT IS THE KEY!!

[edit on 11-7-2009 by JulieMills]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Once they show Exhibit B and it actually makes it into a courtroom I might be inclined to believe it.

For what it's worth, it does look interesting.

But it more than likely is bull dunk.

But I will keep an open mind and examine the evidence (if there really is any)

www.scribd.com...

Scribed does it better.

Exhibit B in this paper only lists the following...

Affidavit of Neil Sankey and list of addresses and Social Security Numbers Utilized by Barack H. Obama.

A sentence does not mean the truth. So if you can find anywhere this Affidavit of Neil Sankey, it might shed some light on the subject. But remember an Affidavit is just testimony and not evidence itself.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

this case is only two days old. lets give it a couple days and see if Fox picks up on it...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

this case is only two days old. lets give it a couple days and see if Fox picks up on it..

Yeah, I'm sure they can squeeze it in between the Sarah Palin commercials.

I doubt fox picks this up...what do they have to gain by it? Will anyone make money off of it?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you're a fool than to open it and prove them right.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

People are more begging it to be true than actually believing it I think. I think the hatred of Obama is so strong among some people that they are just begging and wishing that the fake birth certificate is true.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Remove Obama and the bankers remain. Is that the plan?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join