It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Obama the shooting star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"A shooting star can appear suddenly and burn out quickly."

www.rasmussenreports.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1a2268654a1.jpg[/atsimg]

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 30% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of –8. The President’s Approval Index rating has fallen six points since release of a disappointing jobs report last week (see trends).

Thirty-nine percent (39%) now give the President good or excellent marks for handling the economy while 43% say he is doing a poor job. Those are by far his lowest ratings yet on the economy.

Thirty-four percent (34%) of voters nationwide say the U.S. is heading in the right direction, the lowest level of optimism since mid-March.

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve.

Overall, 51% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance so far. Forty-eight percent (48%) now disapprove.

Edit to add link.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It hasn't even been a year yet! Methinks it is buyer's remorse...usually what happens when you impulse buy.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
these votes are meaningless. Most likely an indicator of how much money people think they have in their pockets.

When people start to realize that they have nothing but lint and paper, those approval ratings will sour even more. Market manipulation is the only thing keeping people happy at this point.

We are way too obsessed with money

now wheres my latte?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The honeymoon must be over. Realclearpolitics has his average at 56%.

Man this drop is huge that is 5 points in a matter of days.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wait when the next stimulus hit the nation, he is going do plunge like the markets in bad day, (that is happening often lately)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah according to another Rasmussen poll, just 27% Favor Second Stimulus Plan This Year, 60% Oppose. And, in that same poll, while voters nationwide strongly oppose another stimulus plan this year, 57% of the Political Class think it’s a good idea.

Hahaaa.... politicians don't have a clue.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That is why this administration is pushing it's agenda so hard and fast. Eventually, even the braindead will figure out what their doing is bankrupting us.

-E-

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
And the same thing happened with every other president. His approval ratings will dwindle and drop, shoot up dwindle again.

What I will be shocked at is if his approval ratings go below W's all time low. That will be impressive.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
It hasn't even been a year yet! Methinks it is buyer's remorse...usually what happens when you impulse buy.

How long do you want? When he first got into office people said to give him three months. Then six months. Now it's a year???

Truly pathetic. He's had PLENTY of time to make changes and had plenty of time to show the nation where he's taking us. All he knows how to do is print money and spend money! What does giving him six to seven more months accomplish besides possibly passing a second stimulus that puts us FURTHER into debt???

Face it - you're holding steadfast to a Loser with a capital L. And it's about damn time the rest of the country woke up and saw it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

methinks you mis-interpreted my post

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52c17f31ac88.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Looking at it from a numbers point of view he had nowhere to go but down. He rode a media wave of hype and public speaking ventures which led him into office with very high poll numbers and he had not yet actually done anything other than run a good campaign. Voters liked what Obama promised.

Why are his numbers going down? The media is still overwhelmingly in love with the Obama's and their administration although we have seen a rare reporter or two who dare questions them. Republicans aren't doing anything to cause it. I suspect Obama voters are not getting what was promised in the campaign and are disapproving. I still think they will stick up for him and vote for him though.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
He's really a very special shooting star - The one who's gonna shoot and beat us all to death. And the polls won't stop him.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
we have seen a rare reporter or two who dare questions them.

I watch DIRECT TV NEWS MIX channel which has mulitple screens at one time including CNN, HEADLINE NEWS, BLOOMBERG, CNBC, MSNBC, FOX BUSINES, FOX NEWS and the weather channel
so i can highlight each channel and hear what they are talking about when I see something that catches my eye so I am pretty good up to speed on all the main cable news channels and so far lately I have noticed CNN, HEADLINE NEWS and BLOOMBERG (we don't need to mention Fox) all take shots at Obama and the next stimulus plan even cap and trade.
MSNBC is pretty much obsessed with Sarah Palin and Letterman...I hardly highlight them.

I suspect Obama voters are not getting what was promised in the campaign and are disapproving. I still think they will stick up for him and vote for him though.

What is important here is 2010 and I don't think dems ar going to fare very well this time.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Looking at it from a numbers point of view he had nowhere to go but down. He rode a media wave of hype and public speaking ventures which led him into office with very high poll numbers and he had not yet actually done anything other than run a good campaign. Voters liked what Obama promised.

Yes and unfortunately we've not seen one single thing that he promised, in fact just the opposite. THAT is the reason his numbers are down.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The current recession (a depression actually) has been years in the making and NOBODY could get us out in six months or even a year. Not even Ron Paul, not even one of your beloved Republicans.

According to hundreds of responsible economists, it may well take another large stimulus to get the economy fully functioning again. Obama is not getting his ideas from thin air.

People expect miracles from this president and then get disappointed when he doesn't perform them fast enough.

Besides, this poll is only measuring one day. People are moody and quixotic. You'd have to watch the polls over a long period of time.

Obama is doing what is needed.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

That is funny!!!! Tax cheats and Czars.... We have more Czars right now than Russia has had throughout it's history...It's laughable.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Besides, this poll is only measuring one day. People are moody and quixotic. You'd have to watch the polls over a long period of time.

Obama is doing what is needed.

This thread began on 9-7-2009

If you care to take the time to click on the links below concerning the daily polling history from Rasmussen & Gallup a definite downward trend can be easily observed.

IMHO "Free fall" is the term that best describes what is apparently occurring in many polls concerning the President's approval numbers.

Friday, July 31, 2009

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 28% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-nine percent (39%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -11

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Obama Approval Index History

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

July 30, 2009

Barack Obama's public approval rating has fallen faster than presidents from George W. Bush to Jimmy Carter, based on a RealClearPolitics review of historical Gallup polling.

.....Obama began his presidency at 68. He hit 69 the following day. That means he's dropped 16 points since day one.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
And the same thing happened with every other president. His approval ratings will dwindle and drop, shoot up dwindle again.

What I will be shocked at is if his approval ratings go below W's all time low. That will be impressive.

Just be a little patient. Many people think you won't have to wait long to be "impressed".

top topics

join