It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beautiful misfits and silent geniuses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by EnlightenUp

You certainly come across brilliantly here.

Well, thank you! Now, just because it's the interwebz doesn't mean I don't blush.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by DaisyAnne

DaisyAnne thank you so much for putting that up for us.

What I want so badly to do is send her some musical instruments! I would love to see her with a keyboard and some strings...a xylophone, a tambourine.

You are most welcome!
It is such a beautiful video.
And you are right, I'd love to see her with some musical accompaniment

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well this is unexpected. I thought this thread just died without any replies. Maybe I should link email notifications to thread replies. Glad to see others have liked this thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
...terrific thread... check out stephen wiltshire... he's an amazing genius - often called the human camera... below is the link to his bio and a link to his art gallery... his panaoramic drawings of cities are astounding...

www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Stephen Wiltshire

www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Stephen's Art

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
Well this is unexpected. I thought this thread just died without any replies. Maybe I should link email notifications to thread replies. Glad to see others have liked this thread.

Sometimes a good premise for a thread requires some thinking before starting replies.

I wanted to reply much earlier but wasn't quite sure what to do and finally concluded on sharing my experience with some minor thought anomalies of my own. At least then I am not merely guessing and can integrate the relevant testimony of others I know into my descriptions.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I guess I started the thread cause one day when I was at the Valero down the street from me something happened. There were some disabled kids that came in to get drinks, they were with a chaperon. I guess school had just let out. And a group of jocks came in and I watched them as they stood behind the disabled kids and just laughed and pointed.

A similar instance had happened to me when I was 18 and had come down with epilepsy. I was forced to wear an EEG kit for 48 hours. Wires all over my head and plugged into this huge box that I had to lug around. I was with a friend of mine and we were going somewhere. Had no vehicle so we had to use public transit. The stares and laughs I got while on the train were absolutely ridiculous.

That is my experience and why I started the thread.

Forgot to mention. In that EEG experience, you better believe my best friend tore a new one for a few of those people on the train.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's nice to have our host back.! There are some beautiful thoughts behind this and I'm glad you're back.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

I will never claim to be a "saint" or "have all of the answers"...

personally, over the years i have come to recognize/celebrate a sacred aspect to ALL manifestations of living existence...

it is this particular worldview that enables me to proceed forth with my life, even though a multitude of media conduits purport to imply our supposed "impending doom"...

i shall never presume to lay down any particular "dogma" that i believe humans should strictly adhere to...

surely though, we can celebrate a mutual intrinsic value in the perpetuation of firstly our "physical existence"...

truly, can not we ALL---> be we *"religious"*"spiritual"*"atheist"*"???"* not find common ground in the axiom...

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU

so much misery could be dispelled upon this planet if that particular theme were implemented more often...

this choice exists ALWAYS for those who take the time to consider...

i know that it is most difficult to observe/sustain this in the face of brutal hatred/ignorance...

by practicing a consistent effort of "awareness of ourselves within the moment" we become privy to the choice of not "indulging" in verbal or physical battle...

from a "centered" position of stoic strength, the most insurmountable obstacles become laughingly trite...

of course..........this is just like....my opinion man........and "words" are just imperfect representations of "ultimate truth"

rock on yall..... THE DUDE ABIDES

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

When we apply your very valid point to the object of disabled people, we see this in its truest form. You do not see an autistic kid trying to fist fight someone who is making fun of them. They just go on their marry way and ignore the ignorance of others. And I firmly believe they actually ignore them as opposed to simply not noticing due to lack of cognitive ability. But regular people who are so engulfed in a world of material possessions and diluted visions of self grandure will never understand it.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snisha
truly, can not we ALL---> be we *"religious"*"spiritual"*"atheist"*"???"* not find common ground in the axiom...

so much misery could be dispelled upon this planet if that particular theme were implemented more often...

I cannot help but notice the caveat there. Some people are masochistic and self destructive and actually do follow that axiom a little too well. It has no intrinsic good or evil meaning.

Being enlightened and aware does not inherently bring about a pleasant result. The Force has a dark side afterall.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by Snisha

I cannot help but notice the caveat there. Some people are masochistic and self destructive and actually do follow that axiom a little too well. It has no intrinsic good or evil meaning.

Being enlightened and aware does not inherently bring about a pleasant result. The Force has a dark side afterall.

so well said it needs an applause.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Duly noted friend....

these words were in my mind as i have stomped the hell out of some who i deemed worthy of that particular misery...

like i said before, i don't claim to be a saint....

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Hmm, that is something I did not think about. Good point though.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

[edit on 1-8-2009 by djr33222]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

"island of misfit toys"

I like it - it's one of my favorite metaphors

that specific part of the movie always got to me when I was a kid - kinda wished the whole movie was just about them :-)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I know I've been saddened by seeing people suffering and had wished I had godlike powers to change their lives. Those who can't move or speak, but have been connected to computers that now finally have a voice or way to contact us. Many of us take our lives for granted and don't realize how blessed we are compared to these many others. The humbling effect is an incredible experience in itself.

Just the other day I saw a young boy being pushed into a goodwill store that apparently couldn't move and looked like he couldn't see, but when he spoke, it surprised me, because if I hadn't seen him, I wouldn't have known the difference.

Even my grandmother who couldn't control her body movements would surprise us at well she could think and speak. Much of which were later due to medications for tremors and or parkinsons.

When my one kid used to laugh, I was so embarrassed. I've been guilty of that myself a few times. I guess that's our bipolar tension showing through.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

I think every single "Normal" person on the planet can honestly say that they haven't laughed or mocked a disabled person at least once. No matter how good of a person you are, it has happened to the best. At the very least, found something about it amusing whether it was expressed or not. What is important is to look back at that incident and know to not do it again. As the videos posted have shown, even the most disabled person has some level of Genius that may or may not be immediately visible to the "Normal" person.

We are all trapped on this hell bound planet together (assuming the holographic universe is incorrect) and it would be in everyones best interest as a planet wide community of HUMANS, to learn eachothers full potential. Including those who are deemed "Disabled".

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

...I watched them as they stood behind the disabled kids and just laughed and pointed...

but it happens everywhere - doesn't it?

schools of course - but if you've ever worked in a corporate environment - you realize how little people change - or grow up

there are always the people who are "different" and they never are accepted - not really

the only reason they are different is because a group of people who are all pretty much the same say so - if you see what I mean :-)

there was a woman in our office who had been in a very serious car accident and had received severe brain injuries - altered her personality

people treated her as if she was stupid - but if you got into a conversation with her you soon realized she was scary smart - smarter than most of the people who laughed at her behind her back

and she knew they were laughing - I can't imagine all what she must have suffered

she also happened to be one of the most generous and considerate people there - she once drove me home during a storm - a good 40 miles out of her way - which meant 80 miles total for her before she got home safely

it was against my will :-)

she literally tricked me - before I knew it we were on the highway - I would have had to jump from the car to stop what was happening

my point is - in my life, the most amazing people I have ever known were all "different" in some way

it's not just about talent, or intelligence - and we're all different - in one way or another

I think it's that fear of being different that brings out our worst behavior

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It's interesting you mention HUMANS. Because one of my supposed delusions is that some of us or some human bodies have entities that are still trying to be like us. Maybe many of us were at one time long ago not human. I think the word is sometimes misunderstood. Not always something to be proud of either. Many pets, like dogs have incredible angelic and genius type personalites.

One dog I recall was a dog I came across at a junk yard and I didn't even know this dog, but she knew me as if some reincarnation. She escaped from her chain and I took her home for short while, but reluctantly took her back.( long story)

It was my thought or understanding that she was being punished for suicide and had to live a life of servitude. Some may say it's karma, but unless I know all the details as to who what where and why, it's hard to judge.

The dog even tried to speak names and wrote in the dirt with sticks. Such a bizarre memory and just one of many supernatural ones.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Yeah I worked in corporate head quarters for an outsourcing company a few years ago. I know exactly what you mean. High school attitudes is about as far as some people get in this world. Even the college educated ones were so ignorant at times. But, you know how the saying goes. Ignorance is bliss....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join