It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beautiful misfits and silent geniuses

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
I think it's that fear of being different that brings out our worst behavior

I think that this is an excellent point, when you look at 'youth crime', right up to school shootings, much of it is borne of a desire or inability to conform. I would suppose that most of those who point at or ridicule others, or turn a blind eye when someone needs an ally, do so hoping that it will prevent judgement or scrutiny from being turned on them. Very few realise that there is no such thing as 'normal' but it doesn't stop the desperate scramble, when the chips are down, to appear as just that.
Some will go to extraordinary lengths to 'fit in'. Or will reject/destroy the system when they can't fit into it or feel it has rejected them.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I just found this video and it makes me wonder if this kid is a genious or just another criminal in the making. Obviously, he has some rough patchers to deal with, but I think the FBI or Homeland Security might be interested in his unique oversight

www.comcast.net...

wouldn't link through fox news.........wth

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 2-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A thread about me .......... and it says I'm beautiful !!! I'm touched.

lolol

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

That's an interesting story. I am under the impression that as we evolve on up the spiritual ladder, we don't come back as an animal, once human, unless of course we choose to in order to communicate with someone. I could be wrong, but if not, she may have been appointed to communicate something to you. Curious if you were able to 'get' anything from her, like the things written with a stick?

As for the gifted people we run across, I believe they are much more evolved spiritually than the majority of said 'normal' people. And when I have the pleasure of meeting one of them in town, I treat them as such. Wonderful people, really.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I've been darting in and out - trying to catch up - I just watched this - twice

she keeps referring to her language and symbolism - what is and isn't symbolic for her and what is only interaction. The fact that she's learned our language and is in a position to explain some of this to the people around her - it's one of the more amazing things I've seen and heard.

her fascination with the sensual part of life - her interaction with it - I think it's something any creative person recognizes (I think we are all creative)

the rhythms and patterns - and movement - she calls it language

I've always had an understanding for myself - something I call the secret language of things - light and dark, warm and cold, a moving shadow, one color against another, gesture - it always seemed to me that the things around us are saying something

I've always felt that this is what art was for - it's a language that attempts to translate another language into something we can understand

this woman is someone that already understands the language - but being able to do that separates her from what most of us consider normal - for her this is normal

if it makes us look differently at thought, communication and language - we'd also have a better understanding of all thought and language - how animals think and communicate - once we got used to the idea that they do think and communicate

how all of us think - what is thinking anyway?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

The thing with that story is that it fits in with many others like it. I suppose there could be many connections made to certain supernatural beings who've been referred to as the watchers and guardians. I'm still not sure.If it actually had some truth to it, I think many of us are in trouble.

I suppose it could be made into a movie, if it hasn't been already. These days, it's hard to impress most people anymore.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Thank you for this entire post. I loved seeing the video through your eyes.
Wisdom and Kindness. Two of my favorite things!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I just thought it was so beautiful - with her humming throughout

I might have to watch it again

I was also surprised by how beautifully she writes - and see - I was surprised

Wisdom and Kindness. Two of my favorite things!

mine too :-)

your welcome - but you should really be thankful that I stopped :-)

I could babble on about this stuff forever...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Spirituality may very well play a big part in it.

Science has shown, as well as visual observation that these special people have a slightly smaller brain than most. That does not mean they are any dumber though. It just means the part that defines us as "Normal" people has been altered. It may have been by design, so that they do not fall prey to the stupidity that we are subjected to on a regular basis, in order to keep a very healthy spiritual side.

maybe they understand things in a way we can never comprehend. Because to most of them, this material existence is something much more enriched than we seem to think.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
People who are nameless in the vast abyss of status quo and public media. And they have always been here and always will be. Yes, there is genius is mental retardation. There is genius within autism. There is genius with down syndrome.

And there is genius in people who appear to be perfectly balanced, socially, physically and mentally -- so much so that even their gifts and talents are evenly distributed all over the place (because they stem from the one real source of every and any talent, which is simply OPENNESS to everything there is).

They are the ones I worry about.
Because they are not visibly debilitated or "endangered" they are never afforded enough attention or opportunities beyond normal schooling, to explore and help them build on their extraordinary gifts.
There is no "affirmative action" for mentally or physically balanced geniuses, unless they shout about themselves and their gifts from the rooftops. (In which case nobody would believe them, anyway, nor would they be inclined to do it.)
It's for those secret, unacknowledged Mozarts and Teslas that I worry about. I am sure there are many all over the world right now who may be even illiterate and many of whom will NEVER get an opportunity to really grow into what they potentially are.
Do you ever think of those?

I have often thought "there must be someone, somewhere who really, really knows how to fix our world.
Then my mind will drift off to where this person might be, and I get an image of a person in his garden tending to his roses, or an old professor sitting behind his desk laughing with his students.

Interesting.
There are no females in your imagination who could "fix" the world?

edit on 4-6-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Anyone whom operates independently of the ego-system is usually outcast from modern soceity - or in charge of it.

Here is a challenge - try to talk without using your mind, just the pure sound you can produce from your gut/chest.

Try to act without consulting your mind, what would you do? Are you even connected to the part of you that is the animal, or are you simply a brain walking around in a body?

When you understand the distinction, you will understand what a "retard" is - an intelligent animal, and what "we" are - something else.

Among the confusion, you will find the entitiy of the "ego" or "i am" - it is basically an implant, a program.
edit on 5-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

In other other words, if I removed the ego from the average person, they would usually be rendered as either insane or despondant.... Imagine if you had no free will to control your impulses and actions - what would you say/do?

Me - generally a state of introversion and despondancy, carefully trimming away the ego.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
as a person who has never faced up to a condition of the mind,
by always using mind as a barrior to the condition
i see my condition as a barrior to my mind

i have learnt how to approach most things in life by proxy
i know how others act and therefor i can act
i can analise why i failed in any situation
and correct my actions for a second try

but i still have no understanding why

i have never accepted that i am different from others
but it is obvious to me that i have no choice in this

one of the hardest things in my life is to accept
the barrior of my mind was placed there by me

xploder Asperger's syndrome

edit to add i have never admitted this before to myself and i try to hide it
thank you for allowing me to see myself

edit on 5-6-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

You might not believe this, but the vast majority of people can bareley daydream let alone imagine or think a cohesive set of logical thoughts within thier minds.

I think it is one of the biggest conspiracies - the state of awareness of the average individual is far lower than we think.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Genius doesn't know that there's anything unusual about it, other than the obvious fact that it doesn't make sense to anyone around it. If the mystery is ever solved, the clue is presented by others who either resent its lack of breadth and flexibility, or simply have run out of other ideas concerning what could be wrong with the way it thinks. And even then, the poor dear is pretty damn sure that genius - real genius - is something that doesn't really happen anymore to people. In its own perception of self, genius is just muddling around like anyone else. The only difference is that no one else understands what the hell it is that it's muddling around with. Not an easy existence, and for most of its life, it's considered an annoying idiot.

Only when it gets backed by a successful promotional effort is genius finally revealed for what it's always been. Sadly, the folks who promote can't tell genius from delusion - and so there you have the world we suffer through. It's shocking that we still exist as a species.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join