It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity Caught Selectively Editing Obama Speeches, Again (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Actually, what drives me crazy most about Hannity is that he never lets an oppossing side talk.

If you think he's bad on television...try listening to his radio show...it's FAR worse. His radio show comes on when I get off work and sometimes I'll tune in and listen on the way home. The first 10 minutes is nothing but ranting. He will take one comment and run with it the entire time.

I've heard him say..I'm not a Republican...I'm a Conservative. BS. He's a bleeding Neo-con who does nothing but rail for Republicans. He constantly slams the stimulus package of Obama's.....but says nothing about Bush's stimulus' that failed...nor does he ever mention the bank bailout.

He talks about Reagan as being the greatest president in the world...and he wasn't. He didn't end the Cold War. The Soviet Union collapsed because of what we are doing now....war spending and everything else is killing our economy. Reagan didn't do anything...and he began the real influence of overspending in our economy.

It drives me nuts Hannity does this. The view of Reagan in Republican's eyes is no different than Democrat's view of Obama....it's jaded.

Hannity has no integrity...and he has no stance other than being pro-war. Anything else he spouts is nothing but the opposing argument...no matter what it is. He has no values...he's just their to argue against Democrats...PERIOD.

Hannity is part of the problem because he won't rail against his own party nor will he criticize them...instead he kisses their asses and never questions a single thing he does.

If people in general would quit giving their "guy" the benefit of the doubt...and actually scrutinize the politicians they voted for....maybe we could fix things.

Until then...we'll keep getting screwed...over and over again.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Colmes show is almost as bad.

Except when someone calls in and calls him out for being a far left liberal he lets them go on for a a few seconds and then asks in a very whiny voice "why are you attacking me".

Hannity doesn't back down and Colmes plays the victim. I can't stand listening to either of their shows.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

But again. What did he do wrong? He does not seem to be spinning anything.

Obama essentially said we could not have done it without easter Europe. Hannity, being the ultra patriot he is, posted a quote from the poles which says that they couldn't do it without us.

It's like arguing if Russia or the US did the most to destroy Germany. The fact is that both could have done it alone in time, but together they did it faster.

Hannity didn't like Obama minimizing US efforts

Can someone please show me what they're talking about with loss of integrity and lies? Maybe I'm missing something.

Someone?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Hannity doesn't back down and Colmes plays the victim.

I don't like either one of them...they are just both talking points and will rarely...if ever at all....criticize their own party.

I don't listen to colmes....the only radio left show I listen to regularly is Thom Hartmann's show....he will actually hammer his own party...to me he's the equivalent of GB....and oddly....they both seem to argue against some of the same things....The Federal Reserve is one...corporations...the banks.

Thom Hartmann was also talking about Obama's connection with Goldman Sach's....and his beliefs that GS has had a hand in every major bubble in this country.

They both do it. The only difference is one side blames the other for ALL the problems that have happened since the creation of our country...and by that...they are both very very wrong....it has never been...and mostly likely never be the fault of just one side of the political spectrum.

They've bothed screwed up miserably.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I rarely listen to the radio anymore as I know use my harley as my mode of transportation, as it is summer time.

However, if I happen to be in my wifes car I enjoy Savage Nation. It has been a while(almost 6 months) since I have caught his show. He doesn't care who he upsets and will tear into everyone.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I only listen to GB and TH because I'm at work...i'd never take time out of my day to listen to radio. It helps pass the time at work though.

I believe these 2 guys are the closest to being right on things....even though they disagree on many topics...they are just 2 people that I think are trying to find the truth that's being hidden and not talked about in the rest of the news media....at least...that's how I view it...and I know that other's won't feel that way.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I'm the type who thinks you should listen to whoever you like. The only time I ever really get the chance to listen to talk radio is if I am taking a long trip.

I will listen to Rush, Colmes, Hannity, Savage and God forbid I am driving late at night, I will listen to crazy fema camps, UFO, alien abduction radio.

I will get severly flamed for this, but besides Savage I like listening to Rush.

I have met the guy a few times and got the chance to have a couple of conversations with him on his private plane and he really is a down to earth good guy.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Originally posted by Highground
Where was the screaming and shouting when this was happening to Bush? To Palin? This is nothing new, it's nothing that is singular to conservatives.

And to whomever said it: Jon Stewart calling out Hannity about selective editing will only make Stewart into a hypocrite.

Woah.. Wait a min buddy.. Stewart runs a comedy show!! Not a News channle!!!
The Daily show is suppose to make you laugh.. Yet it informs you more so than Fox news ever would..
Daily show is well known for their gags, and puns, and chop um up videos..
Not a hypocrite.. You need to look in a dictionary.

You say it, "informs," but admit The Daily Show does gags, and chop-up videos. How seriously do you take satirical TV shows? You're basically saying that it's okay for Stewart to chop up videos, air them, and you call it more "informative" than Fox (meaning you derive factual information from a satirical show). But when Hannity does it to a much lesser extent, that arguably doesn't even change the meaning or context of the statement, it's treason in the highest degree.

Right, that makes sense. You're attempting to compare apples to oranges in a feeble attempt to defend your earlier statement about Steward "calling him out." As it stands, they both chop up video, so one is no better than the other. "Calling him out," would in fact, make him a "hypocrite" - 'a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings,' (Merriam-Webster). Perhaps you should go read up in that dictionary of yours a bit more.

And, nice job of avoiding the main point of my original post - This is not solely a conservative/right-wing/Fox News issue. Stop trying to spin it into one. If you're gonna complain about this, complain about the butchering of Bush and Palin's interviews and dialogue, too.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Highground]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yea I should listen to savage some more. He's slowly becoming a more Jeffersonian-like Alex Jones, being shut off from interviews.

If you ever want to know who's speaking the truth, just look for people who rarely get interviews and if they do, they are short and controlled.

Besides that, I'm still waiting on someone to show me how Sean here is being bad. I think I pretty much killed the whole "he's spinning the truth" topic here.

Amazing that people trust what an article says and don't even bother listening to what they are saying.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't know how many times I have seen other shows do this exact same thing.

It's not just exclusive to Hannity. Stuff gets taken out of context all the time to make the person look like a boob.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Pirated satellite feeds revealing U.S. media personalities’ contemptuous plans for their viewers come full circle in Spin. TV out-takes appropriated from network satellite feeds unravel the tightly spun fabric of television, a system which silences public debates and furthers the intolerance of anyone outside the pack of journalists, politicians, spin doctors and televangelists who manufacture the news. Spin moves through the L.A. rebellion and the floating TV talk-show called the 1992 U.S. presidential election. Watch Larry king discuss his drug habits and watch how White Sands censors live TV.

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am not a huge fan of Hannity. I will occasionally listen to his radio show on my way home from work.

It blows my mind how anyone could think people like Him, Rush, Beck, etc are Journalists. They all have opinion shows which is pretty clear to me. I don't tune into any of these people to get the days news but I will watch or listen if I am interested in hearing their point of view about a certain political issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Can I PLEASE have someone tell me how anything here is wrong?

People just keep piling on their conformity posts, agreeing with it, but the more I look, the less I see what's wrong.

Please?

Just someone tell me what he did wrong.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

To me things are very black and white. To mention that it was an editing error on the presidents words is far from being responsible. Words are like pictures they have many meanings, take one word or a group of words away compile that over a due process of time and you have successfully manipulated a group of people over a period of time.

This is an old method used and has been proven to be extremely persuasive.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I agree.

I think some people are just looking for another reason not to like him. What was left out doesn't change the context of what was said. Its really a unimportant piece of the interview.

I don't care for the guy either, but I'm with you. I don't see the big deal.

If you want to have an honest opinion of what one thinks or understands you must allow him or her to have full access of the whole speech.

You may understand what he is saying but to another person that little piece of information might be a crucial factor however useless that information may seem to you.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Look at all the hate speech here on Fox and Hannity from our resident dems and libs.

Here's a question for all of the above:

How do you expect any of us to believe that you or the obama administration can stand up to terrorism, or any other threats the country might face when you and obama can't even sanely deal with what Fox News says?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OMG!!!
Sean Hannity is like every other commentator out there!?!? He edits his clips to get his point accross faster??? Please, say it ain't so!!!

DUH! ALL of the news stations do this. I didn't see any editing that changed the context of what Obama was saying. Heck, if they had to use the whole thing then you'd have 10 minutes of ums and ahs.

Look, I don't care for Hannity either. Come to think of it - I don't like ANY of teh cable news channels or their talking heads. But to pretend that only Hannity does this is completely absurd!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by jd140

I agree.

I think some people are just looking for another reason not to like him. What was left out doesn't change the context of what was said. Its really a unimportant piece of the interview.

I don't care for the guy either, but I'm with you. I don't see the big deal.

If you want to have an honest opinion of what one thinks or understands you must allow him or her to have full access of the whole speech.

You may understand what he is saying but to another person that little piece of information might be a crucial factor however useless that information may seem to you.

I would agree with you if the part that was edited out change the context of what was said, but it doesn't.

That one sentance is as useless as if he had said Babba Booyee Babba Booye, Howard Sterns penis, Babba Booyee.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yes. People here are getting it/

Again, to those who believe what the OP says and think that Sean did any kind of smearing, I ask again, how?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
BUMP.

I really want to debate this. Someone please answer my question.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join