It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity Caught Selectively Editing Obama Speeches, Again (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Sean Hannity Caught Selectively Editing Obama Speeches, Again (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

Whenever President Barack Obama goes abroad, cameras follow him, and record the things he says to people. Just as often, it seems, Fox's Sean Hannity takes the recordings made by those cameras and starts splicing and resplicing up a storm, in order to make it seem that Obama said a bunch of things that he didn't say. And then, armed with his cut-up, bowdlerized junk, Hannity plays his audience for fools.
(visit the link for the full news article)

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 8-7-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I guess this should not surprise anyone as we all know this is and has been going on for as long as everyone cares to remember.

Politics and twisting the truth or altering reality seems to be a frequent and acceptable part of today's society. I only fear the day when society turns upon those who have been trusted to guide them through the good and bad times.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I suppose, since he's not a journalist, he feels good and justified doing this.

Unethical though without a doubt.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hannity is the worst television commentator on television and a horrible influence on society. He does nothing but rail for increasing the size of the american empire and it's influence on the world...but yet rails against big government.

He's a hypocrite...not to mention...a complete and total moron. He's an idiot who refuses to even consider the opposing argument and rails on talking points just like his former counterpart Alan Colmes.

By the way...Hannity is in no way the one person who does this...I've seen others do it as well...and they weren't on Fox News, Conservatives, or Republicans.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Sean Hannity is a little slime ball right wing gatekeeper..

This is definitely not the first time this has happened! After Obama delivered his speech in Cairo, Hannity and his punk-ass scissors were all snippety-snip on the events of the real world, too. In the wake of that speech, Hannity asserted that Obama had "given 9/11 sympathizers a voice on the world stage." But again, it was a nifty bit of selective editing, which Jon Stewart and his Daily Show researchers famously called Hannity out on, not that Hannity ever has to face consequences!

I will wait for Jon Stewart to call him out again on this one.. You know the only real news now a days is from a comedy show!! Sad..

Hannity can get away with this becasue he is doing his masters bidding.
He is only playing his role in the further division of our people..

Its important to keep up that Right VS left illusion most people play into soo much and have through out the years..

Hannity the man may aswell be an alright guy. But he works for a company that turns him into a slimeball.. Which is part of his job.. Thats what he is there for.. Its why they pay him money..
So at the end of the week he doesnt care.. Becasue he gets his cut.. And his blood money earned just like the left..

Its a sad game being played by so many people.. Not just Right wing, but left wing players are little slime balls too...
All these guys do this kind of crap!

But Fox news sertinly has the lead right now..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I always figured that in an age where every move is recorded and spoken word is saved and stored the reverse would happen. Politicians wouldnt be able to get away with their ridiculous statement and outright lies and people wouldnt be able to get away with splicing them to different meanings.

And yet here we are where politicians make ridiculous statements and create atrocious lies in a state of near perpetuity all the while getting away with it scot free and commentators still feel the need to splice and reshape to get their points across.

It's not like Hannitty needs to do anything to make Obama seem like more of a jackass and it's not like Obama being a jackass will lose him any of his drone supporters. Sad.

This kind of creative editing for whatever purpose needs to stop. From Michael Moore to 60 Minutes to the Today show to Hannity and even to Colbert and Stewart as long as people look to those 'comedians' for news.

I'm sorry to say that if it all did stop and facts were presented verbatim unadulterated and without interference the majority of idiots in this country would keep going right on down the same path they've been walking for the past 60 or so years.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well its going to get far worse than better. I keep reminding myself of what we are going to be force fed about North Korea and Iran. I think it will be a great time to disconnect the television from the power and enjoy selective news sites to keep me from going insane.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
so Hannitty is the same as Olberman..what else is new?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I had a little time to review this and I had to re-post.

This is the text of the video in question. I have italicised the missing part of the video that was edited out. I don't think editing it out changes the context of Obama's reply. Actually by editing out the Lech Waleza actually helps Obama because of what Hannitty pointed out at the end of the video which is Lech actually thanking the US for liberating them.!!!

edited version
OBAMA: There were a whole bunch of people throughout Eastern Europe who showed enormous courage, and I think that it is very important in this part of the world to acknowledge the degree to which people struggled for their own freedom. We don't have to diminish other people in order to recognize our role in that history.

unedited version
OBAMA: Well, listen, the -- I think that you just cut out Lech Walesa and the Poles. You just cut out Havel and the Czechs. There were a whole bunch of people throughout Eastern Europe who showed enormous courage. And I think that it is very important in this part of the world to acknowledge the degree to which people struggled for their own freedom. I'm very proud of the traditions of Democratic and Republican presidents to lift the Iron Curtain. But, you know, we don't have to diminish other people in order to recognize our role in that history.

After the way Palin was treated this is kd's stuff and I can't believe the libs are up in arms about it.
SUCK IT UP. there is more Obama criticism yet to come.

welcome to Sarah's world

[edit on 8-7-2009 by JulieMills]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

Where are the videos of Olberman doing this?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

are you kidding me??? have you watche Olberman since Palin stepped down from governor????
just watch him tonight and get back to me.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"OutFoxed" Documentary about Fox News

They are not a legitimate news network. Fox is infotainment.

reply to post by JulieMills

So in other words, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you have no proof to back up your assertions.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I actually agree with you on this David.

Actually, what drives me crazy most about Hannity is that he never lets an oppossing side talk. He will just berate, yell, cut off and froth at the mouth like a rabid animal but you will never get to hear the other side of the story.

It has nothing to do wtih conservative values, the guy is just an awful host. Period.

he is jsut angry, is not correct. He is just angry and spews hatred. It makes no sense.

I have no problem with there being a conservative channel, by all means there should be one. There should be more channels based on varying interpretations. I just have a problem with Fox, and the innaccurate reporting, hostility, and the misleading ideas they provide. Not to mention the hypocracy. Every time I watch them they are just....angry.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Where was the screaming and shouting when this was happening to Bush? To Palin? This is nothing new, it's nothing that is singular to conservatives.

And to whomever said it: Jon Stewart calling out Hannity about selective editing will only make Stewart into a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
Where was the screaming and shouting when this was happening to Bush? To Palin? This is nothing new, it's nothing that is singular to conservatives.

And to whomever said it: Jon Stewart calling out Hannity about selective editing will only make Stewart into a hypocrite.

Woah.. Wait a min buddy.. Stewart runs a comedy show!! Not a News channle!!!
The Daily show is suppose to make you laugh.. Yet it informs you more so than Fox news ever would..
Daily show is well known for their gags, and puns, and chop um up videos..
Not a hypocrite.. You need to look in a dictionary.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something, but could you tell me exactly how it was spinned? The point Obama made seems the same in both versions.

Obama made is look as if America couldn't do it without eastern Europe's support. The reality is that Eastern Europe couldn't do it without US backing, which Hannity made it clear with the polish quote.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Gorman91]

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Okay i edited the original post and embedded the video in question.

If Hannity does posses a journalist licence then it should be removed.

Unfortunately people have lost the idea of integrity when reporting news or presenting news to millions. To dismiss his responsibility as entertainment is purely insulting a persons intelligence. Obviously my thoughts and views apply to all and across the world regardless of which political ideology you or he or she represents or believes in.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Oblermon does the same thing. The differance is that nobody really watches MSNBC and only a small group of people care enough to point out these types of slice and splice from Olbermans show.

You want some proof google it. You might find someone who actually cared enough about making Olberman look like a bigger jackass and has posted a side by side comparison as seen with this topic.

I don't care to look it up for you as it might entail me having to actually listen to him. Its not worth educating you.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Here this is from the transcript of the interview:

GARRETT: In your speech this morning, you said the Cold War reached its conclusion because of the actions of many nations over many years. Mr. President, are the Russian sensitivities so fragile that you can't say the Cold War was won? The West won it? And it was led by a combination of Democratic and Republican American presidents?

OBAMA: Well, listen, the -- I think that you just cut out Lech Walesa and the Poles. You just cut out Havel and the Czechs. There were a whole bunch of people throughout Eastern Europe who showed enormous courage.

And I think that it is very important in this part of the world to acknowledge the degree to which people struggled for their own freedom. I'm very proud of the traditions of Democratic and Republican presidents to lift the Iron Curtain.

But, you know, we don't have to diminish other people in order to recognize our role in that history.

The part that was cut out was the first line do to the fact that he actually comments about lech Walesa as part of his commentary I'm thinking this was an editing error because i think Hannity expected this line to be there why else would he mention the poles?

So in other words your making a big deal out of an editing error that didn't even add anything to the argument of misquoting the president but added a lot to hanities answer because i wasn't really following his point until i read the transcript.

Ps Hannity is an anoying commentator and you really shouldnt waste your time worrying about what he does hes not a journalist. But in this instance i think your trying to find a reason to discredit him my question is why bother?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I agree.

I think some people are just looking for another reason not to like him. What was left out doesn't change the context of what was said. Its really a unimportant piece of the interview.

I don't care for the guy either, but I'm with you. I don't see the big deal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join