It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge to all of ATS far and wide.. If you have it in you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by DaMod

Because this is an experiment for the good I'll participate.

I will be nice to my husband, show him respect and adoration just to see what happens.

[edit on 053131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Why must this be just an experiment? ...it should be second nature.

I know we should not talk about the good things we do because we must not pad ourselves on the back, but I have to share this.

I was at Home Depot a few months ago and this lady came up to me as I got out of my car and asked me if I could spare $10.
TEN BUCKS? Geez, pretty steep but times have changed.

She gave me the sad story about how her daughter had just been in an accident, the kids were also in the car and that she needed $10 because she ran out of gas and needed to buy a gallon jug from the convenient store because the Home Depot gallon jug was too expensive, then she would have to walk to the convenient store to fill up the jug, then go to her car to get it started, then return to the store to continue pumping gas, etc, etc.

I gave her $10 and told her to be sure to return the favor to someone someday.
She said "yes I will, thank you" and headed off.

Was she pulling my leg?
She probably was but who am I to judge whether the story is true or not.

Had I not made the contribution, I know it would still be bothering to this day wondering if her story was true.
Ten bucks is much cheaper than having to live with the burden of never knowing if Grand kids were indeed hurt.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Our high school has been trying to do this for years. They show that movie every year to the freshman and they take it as a joke.

People these days are to ignorant and too lazy and most likely will forget about it. Its a good idea but people will forget or just forget about it

Sorry

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lookma,nohands
Our high school has been trying to do this for years. They show that movie every year to the freshman and they take it as a joke.

People these days are to ignorant and too lazy and most likely will forget about it. Its a good idea but people will forget or just forget about it

Sorry

Well trying and failing is better than not trying at all. You never know unless you try.

(Those freshman need to be shot)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have taken your challenge friend and here are my results.

One of my employees who lives in a Mobile Home Park had his home burn down a few weeks ago.

Now we did a fund raiser and were able to gather a lump sum to get him off his feet, but since reading your thread, I decided to take it a step further.

I have bought him a new Mobile Home in the park, two doors down from the one he had. I also gave him 1 month off of work so he may move in and settle, as well as 2 grand cash for him to buy some new furniture and what not.

Thanks for giving me the idea friend, how nice of you

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I accept

I think this is an a very nice idea as in this terrible world where we live today we all need some sort of kindness.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Is this pre-school?

It's common sense to be kind to someone if they are kind to you.

However, I must admit, I hate people who tailgate me. And I usually give them the bird. Kindness comes and goes.

If you are being tailgated: try to pull over to the right and motion for them to go around you. As they go by smile and wave. Why hold up a person who is in a hurry to get a ticked, or go to their own funeral.

I learned to do this for stress relief a long time ago, and it works!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I have taken your challenge friend and here are my results.

One of my employees who lives in a Mobile Home Park had his home burn down a few weeks ago.

Now we did a fund raiser and were able to gather a lump sum to get him off his feet, but since reading your thread, I decided to take it a step further.

I have bought him a new Mobile Home in the park, two doors down from the one he had. I also gave him 1 month off of work so he may move in and settle, as well as 2 grand cash for him to buy some new furniture and what not.

Thanks for giving me the idea friend, how nice of you

~Keeper

Wow, that is amazing. I really gave you an idea like that? That definitely makes me feel warm an gushy inside.

Such an act of kindness is a perfect example of the purpose of this thread (only in a large scale). Bravo! Did you tell him to Pay it forward?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I didn't need to, he immediatly donated his chunk of land he owned that burn to the ground to the city who have graciously decided to build a park for the kids.

So I guess good deeds breed good deeds.

And yes you certainly did give me the idea

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, now, are you looking for new employees?

You have got to be the greatest employer in the world!

I'm sure this poor fellow you helped won't be able to replace some of his special, close to heart items, but I'm sure you made his decade, at least!

What you did was awesome!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Actually If I hire anymore I'll have to cut salary lol.

With the recession I've been lucky enough to have been forced to do any lay-offs, I've just cut costs in other places.

People need to work eh? lol

And no I'm not the greatest employer in the world, just a human who knows what it's like to be down on his luck.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

People need to work eh? lol

Sadly in this economy, yes! I'm lucky not to have to right now, thank goodness, as my husband is not healthy at the moment, and I can take care of him.

And no I'm not the greatest employer in the world, just a human who knows what it's like to be down on his luck.

The world needs a few more compassionate souls such as yourself!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We don't get many homeless people around where I live, I see maybe 2 or 3 a year. A month ago I saw a vet (had an old faded marines tattoo) outside of the Walmart parking lot. I figured I could at least get him something, so I gave him $5 and a cold bottle of water since it was hot out. I walked right up to him and he limped over to me and said "God bless you, thank you brother."

Ironically, when I got in the car after that, "Working Man" by Rush started playing on the radio. I guess that was a sign of approval from the gods of Rock and Roll.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey DaMod... nice thread!

Funny that today iwas trying to help someone in the street (it was
raining and she dont have an umbrella), but i gave up the last
second... strangers are so defense-burglar mode that ruins
everything...

But i gave a buck to a lady that was sleeping in the street, in a sit
position! how they do this is beyond me.

I cant help but cry everytime I watch the movie... its perfect.

[]´s for everyone, specially for you Wertdagf... still not a believer!!

(hehe)

RP

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Knew I was doing something wrong.

I was going up to people and randomly punching them in the face...then when they get up, I tell em to pass it on to 3 people...

my bad...bugger.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

There's no gain in that. The key is to be kind and generous in spite of, or regardless of what the other person does - then there's real progress.

Some people...

What? F that. If someone's tailgating my a$$, I'm not going to be kind to them. Same with people who cut you off. Such wankers if you ask me. I'll be kind to those who are good at driving.

p.s- is it me or do some people on this site take things too seriously? Lighten up. You can't be serious on here unless it involves Obama taking away freedom.
[edit on 8-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

[edit on 8-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Star & Flag!

It's a great idea to put up a thread in here to let people try and perform Acts of Randpom Kindness.

I'm a strong believer in 'Kindness DOES Make a Difference' and I also believe there are more ATS-regs that practice this in their Life.

'But ... I'm wouldn't be back to tell you how it went. I live my life this way all the time

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I try to be kind whenever I can - but I rarely see any people, especially any that need help.

I do, however, have plenty of opportunities to help little creatures. Just before reading this thread I found a snail in the garden. He was on the path and I just avoided stepping on him. I picked him up and put him on a leaf so he could have his supper.

This afternoon, there was a dead spider on the wall by the stairs. I would have cleaned it up, but another spider had found it and was snacking on it. I left them to it - it looks disgusting but isn't hurting me.

And even though I was feeling poorly earlier on I picked some small wild strawberries and threw them down the rat-hole so they could have fruit with their dinner (my leftover rice).

I doubt any of these creatures will pass on the favour, but I think it helps (albeit in a very small way) to balance out the way they are generally treated by humanity. I like to think I am making a the world a happier and safer place for them.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lookma,nohands

Hey you are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem. Will pray for you, to overcome the malaise of our age, which I think of as a type of disease. It's called resignation and cynicism. May you come out the other side to see the light of day.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Well i'm up for it, i'll let you know sometime tomorrow

2nd line

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join