It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
While I was dreaming I was awoken by a very loud noise, but it felt almost as if the noise came from inside my head. When i opened my eyes i was very dizzy and the room was actually spinning, this lasted for maybe 10 seconds. Then I had a very strange feeling as if there was a presence next to me.
The next day my brother told me about something weird that happened to him. He was also woken by a something very loud, he said it was as if a bomb went off in the house. And he opened his every and everything was red.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? Just thought i would share my experience.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by legacyv]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've had a few similar experiences. During a dream there'd be a moment where a loud noise would be expected, such as a car crash, or a door slam. The strange thing was that the event would occur and it would be so loud as to wake me from sleep and produce a ringing in my ear.

I find it incredible that the mind could do such things. I am not saying this experience was all in your head, but I'm inclined to believe my similar experiences were all in my mine.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Sounds interesting, and the sounds being produced by my mind is a likely cause.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have had experiences where I'll be just barely asleep, then I'll here "MOM!" or my name loud enough to startle me. My children have never been around when this happens. It is very strange, and doesn't seem to mean anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by legacyv

Would you describe it as a kind of slamming effect?

A Shhhhhwwwooom.

If so it is quite common.So do not worry.
I won't go into more detail,but I know what it is with myself.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've similarly had dreams where either a loud sound was expected (ie: gunshot, boom, crash, ect.) and I immediately woke not hearing a sound, and I've also been woken by a sound in my dream that sounded as though it was truly a real world sound that woke me up. a handful of times for those. one time I recall a ringing sound afterwords.

somewhat rare for me. No strange vision issues though.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

It was more like an explosion, i guess you could call it a slamming.Definitely not a shhwing sound.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by legacyv
While I was dreaming I was awoken by a very loud noise, but it felt almost as if the noise came from inside my head. When i opened my eyes i was very dizzy and the room was actually spinning, this lasted for maybe 10 seconds. Then I had a very strange feeling as if there was a presence next to me.
The next day my brother told me about something weird that happened to him. He was also woken by a something very loud, he said it was as if a bomb went off in the house. And he opened his every and everything was red.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? Just thought i would share my experience.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by legacyv]

i had a strange experience once. this experience freaked me out and scared me hard.

I listened 2 binuaural beats, its a program that stimulates the brain and what im talking about here is I-doser. If anyone knows what it is i don't have 2 write much but to those who don't know about it go to Google and search i doser and u will understand what im talking about.

anyway, that day I tried 2 prove myself the program doesn't work and it's just a place boo effect. So i lied down on my bed, listening 2 binuarual tones, that supposed 2 do effects. ... I listened 4 a very long time, and i remember the noise of the sound was really making me feel calm... anyway. i listened about 20 minutes, when suddenly I hear this huge, loud BOOOM.

Like a nuclear bomb.... or an asteroid that just impact near my house....

I immediately took off the headphones, stopped the program i doser and looked outside the window.

my heart was hitting hard.. i was shaking, i felt me cold ..

and i looked out the window.. and it was evening - it was.. nothing outside, i went out 2 my rooms in my apartment 2 check what the hell happened.
Nothing, i couldn't believe but the noise I just heard, was out of my head. It was SO real i swear i thought the noise was coming outside, and it was so Loud like... a bomb.

I still can't explain how this happened, and also i have never experienced anything before like this.

Note, When i listened 2 the sound I ran a software 2 check the waves thru a spectrum analyzer 2 find out if the binural beats was a scam or not because i didnt really trust the company that claims those Binaural beats or binaural tones , auditory processing artifacts, or apparent sounds, of physical stimuli. make u feel this or that..

i dont know... that's it about it.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by 2Unknown]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by 2Unknown]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by legacyv

This has happened to me before... several times actually. During the first one, I was dreaming that I was watching a movie about the Titanic and the very loud sounds were supposed to be the sounds of the ship breaking up, but they were so loud they hurt my ears even though it was in a dream. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but go figure. Another time, I was just sleeping and was awoken by an ear splitting "boom." I jumped up, thinking that something had exploded, but nobody else in the family had heard anything at all and some of them had been awake.

I have noticed that when I'm half awake and half asleep, normal sounds sometimes sound louder than they would otherwise. Not sure why. I wonder if this happens to others...

top topics

join