It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethnic mobs overrun Chinese city

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Ethnic mobs overrun Chinese city

news.bbc.co.uk

Urumqi is again under curfew. China began Tuesday saying it had the city under control, but a surprise interruption to a government tour showed that claim to be false.

As journalists stopped to view a burned out car showroom, hundreds of Uighur women poured in from side streets, shouting and wailing.

Old and young, some carried babies.

They seemed oblivious to the batons and guns of the paramilitary troops who had taken control of their neighbourhood.

"We don't want to fight," said one. "Please release our families. Almost all the men were taken away, hundreds of them, thousand
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
No this isn't going to end quickly. Now you see old and young women marching the streets simply asking to get their men back. I wonder how many of them have seen the last of their loved one?

"Overnight, some 1,400 men - husbands, sons and brothers - were taken away for questioning."

So far we have what? Two cities under protest. This will get worse before it gets any better.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/402e38a3309b.jpg[/atsimg]

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I hear the chinese are out for revenge. The extremists need a good beating.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It seems the Chinese are standing up to the attempts of the Muslims to take over the place.
Good for them.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
WHERE ARE THE MEDIAS ON THIS?

Can they stop reporting on that dead pedophile now that his funeral is over?

Ah I see... there's no plans to bomb China so reporting about it isn't important and ``outrageous`` as it was with Iran.

Medias... bought and paid for.

China is 10X worse than Iran when it comes to human rights and government brutality... but Iran is somehow more important...

Can we have a NATO embargo on China please?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So far we have what? Two cities under protest. This will get worse before it gets any better.

dream it,
let's wait and see if your evil expectation will come ture.
whenever bad things happen in china, westren always be schadenfreude,
we must be used to it

[edit on 7-7-2009 by gs001]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Interesting article, thanks to the OP. That article didn't really explain much about the nature of the conflict, I found this other article which goes more into that:

City under curfew

Officials say 156 people - mostly ethnic Han Chinese - died in Sunday's violence. Uighur groups say many more have died, claiming 90% of the dead were Uighurs.

Obviously there is some dispute over who the majority of those killed were though the claim more Han died seems more plausible. In any case that's a fair death toll for a country with China's reputation for keeping order.

If this is true, it's a reason for concern:

Chinese authorities say the Xinjiang separatists are terrorists with links to al-Qaeda and receive support from outside the country.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well I guess it's pretty serious heck their Man Hu is heading home. This has to be a bigger deal than we may have been lead to believe.

Hu breaks off trip to Italy and heads home: ANSA

ROME (AFP) — President Hu Jintao, on an official visit to Italy for the G8 summit, has decided to return to China due to the situation in Xinjiang where riots have claimed more than 150 lives, ANSA news agency reported early Wednesday.

"Given the worsening of the disorder in Xinjiang, President Hu Jintao has decided to move forward his return to China and not participate in the G8 summit" which opens Wednesday in the central Italian town of L'Aquila, Tang Heng, first political counsellor at the Chinese embassy in Rome, was quoted as saying.

Hu, visiting Pisa in Tuscany, "is leaving this town to return to Beijing," the Italian news agency said.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
China is Illuminati heaven.
Investments in China went up 14%.
US investment funds went up .14%.
Wal Mart and countless companies have factories in China.
Thus security is number one.
IRAN can work for us or they will be against us.
That must be the ruling.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Chinese authorities say the Xinjiang separatists are terrorists with links to al-Qaeda and receive support from outside the country.

So the CIA is trying to create chaos in China... interesting.

It would make sense... since the whole middle east thing is about encircling China and Russia.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

So the CIA is trying to create chaos in China... interesting.

Did you read somewhere else that the CIA played a role, or does that just seem like a logical assumption?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gs001

dream it,
let's wait and see if your evil expectation will come ture.
whenever bad things happen in china, westren always be schadenfreude,
we must be used to it

[edit on 7-7-2009 by gs001]

NO!

I have no "Evil" Expectations other than reporting what I see and then expressing my opinion. I didn't realize we had some members who are so thin skinned.

Watch out!

I bite too!

Rrrrrr...

Ruuufff!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

NO!

I have no "Evil" Expectations other than reporting what I see and then expressing my opinion. I didn't realize we had some members who are so thin skinned.

Watch out!

I bite too!

Rrrrrr...

Ruuufff!

just wait and see how we punish those criminals.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gs001

just wait and see how we punish those criminals.

Yeah hows the great firewall working out for you guys?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yeah hows the great firewall working out for you guys?

yes, i'm not able to access to internet,
i'm glad that you can witness what's going on, that is enough

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Slayer, thanks for the post! S&F!

Uhm... the link *was* to the BBC... are they not the media? Of you mean the capitalist based press in America.... well they only focus on ratings... period.

Now the BBC actually has a charter which says it will print news... so don't get it twisted... it's not the media... it's corporate media...

SR

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Slayer, thanks for the post! S&F!

Uhm... the link *was* to the BBC... are they not the media? Of you mean the capitalist based press in America.... well they only focus on ratings... period.

Now the BBC actually has a charter which says it will print news... so don't get it twisted... it's not the media... it's corporate media...

The BBC is capitalist based and has been found to be baised with calls for it or it's enforced licence fee to be scrapped so your point in bashing the americans media is???

mine would be the reality of low and behold there is no ''unbiased'' media and only the naive believe so.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Is that you, Hu?

I'm sort of ambivalent on this. Of course these people are 'criminals'. Of course they are. Generalize much?

Hasn't this been brewing for a while? I seem to recall a few other 'flare ups' in that area. I'm not for or against either side in this ruckus. I think China ought to play it out as best they can. Good luck with the jihad that's sure to follow, though.

You bet we can 'see what's happening'. We can see it from both sides, not just the government one. We get 'unofficial' reports, too, because we have pipelines established into China now that the government can't shut off without sealing all info in and out of the country, and blacking the entire country out.

Folks would notice if China suddenly went black, and would wonder what's going on.

We get your 'official' reports, but we get a lot more too, now. So beware of putting things into 'official' reports that can be proven false.

I was all for returning the Uighirs from Guantanamo to China. You folks have an established track record of dealing... shall we say forcefully... with such people.

The problem here is that not all of these people you're cracking down on this time might be the 'enemy'. I'm sure some of them are.

But they ALL will be treated that way regardless.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

I wasn't bashing American Media...

I also can't stand that I can't get any real international news on the TV unless I buy BBC or something else.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the memorial today was appropriate. But I want to hear about Iran, China, North Korea, etc on Cable news as well...

At least on the BBC you can actually get something other than the same crap over and over....

My original point however, is that the MEDIA is reporting on this... Just not the news on cable...

SR

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ok dude sorry i got the wrong intention i apologise, the americans media isn't that great imo either but the BBC is hardly a good benchmark to measure it against either.

Anyway my bad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join