It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

I agree.

But do you not also agree that it's strange this cropcircle appears stating the date 7/7 (it never actualy predidted any 'event' just shows the earth the magnosphere and a date) then theres solar activity on 7/7 after a Deep Solar Minimum is in itself well .... 'Weird'?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Nope.
Magnetism, sort of like gravity does not radiate. It forms a field. It is a force.
An electrical charge, sort of like gravity, also does not radiate. It also forms a field. It also is a force.

Put them both together and what have you got?

Electromagnetic radiation radiates, forever if nothing gets in its way. There is no such thing as a field of light. It is a form of energy.

Magnetism is a component of electromagnetic radiation but it is not electromagnetic radiation.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin
this cropcircle appears stating the date 7/7

No, the fact remains that this was AN INTERPRETATION (and a rather loose/false one at that) of what this crop circle was "stating", made/interpreted by the good people @ cropcircleconnector.com

It is no secret that the sun was going to come out of it's "solar minimum" period and start displaying more activity as it starts coming into it's "solar maximum" period. Simple science could have predicted this, since it is a repeating cycle that happens every decade or so, and has for countless ages throughout history.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

and yet the CC said 7/7

sunspot on 7/7

i didnt see science predidct that, the CC did

unless the people making the CCs arent predidcting anything and are just using science?

just trying to point out that there is a clear corrolation between this 7/7 sunspot and the CC i dont know how or why it looks that way but even my 7 year old made that same conclusion without any prior knowledge or prompting.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

Why don't you go back just one page where I pointed out decent sizes sunspots (some of which, look bigger than the current one you speak of) which have appeared over the last few years, which were during our "solar minimum".

Why were our ET friends not predicting any of these with their not-so-helpful CC art?

The sunspot activity today, is really not out of the norm...period.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I agree science didn't predict the sunspot, or any related major activity on that day, it was a crop circle "interpretation" that predicted something was going to happen that day.

I love crop circles. The only people they seem to bother are the ones who are too narrow minded to be able to make sense of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

and yet the CC said 7/7

sunspot on 7/7

i didnt see science predidct that, the CC did

Sunspot 1024 began forming late on July 3rd.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The crop circles researchers offered several hypothesis. A "potential" solar storm was one of them.

"The astronomy of our local solar system was shown at Roundway, Bishop Cannings, Windmill Hill or Wayland’s Smithy in April or May of 2009: the solar ecliptic, lunar orbit, a lunar eclipse on July 7, 2009, and possibly an upcoming solar storm!"

Notice the headline reads "possibly". It's too bad that people take a suggestion then run away with in on the internet and the story grows and grows until it's out of control because the worlds going to end with a solar blast. LOL

I believe that the CCC misread the signs. I think the circles were saying the sun is going to be coming out of it's solar minimum and watch for the signs, which of course was expected. But even the scientists couldn't predict 2 months ago what day it would happen.

Source: www.cropcircleconnector.com...

"Both of those features suggest that a solar storm may impact Earth on July 7, 2009, as has already been suggested by several other crop pictures from April or May (see bishopcannings or roundway2)."

Notice this headline says "may".

Source: www.cropcircleconnector.com...

I suggest giving a read to the links to see all the different theories that were "suggested". There is quite a bit of research done that I find impressive.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Now hold on....I thought that the CC was predicting a "solar storm", or the "collapse of our magnetosphere" on 7/7....NOT the forming of a couple sunspots (which as pointed out above, formed on 7/3)
Do I really need to go dig out the quotes from this "interpretation/prediction"?

I too have been a long time fan of crop circles, and have been admiring, and contemplating them for many years. I would mainly like to thank Lucy Pringle for all of her efforts in photographing these for the world to see, without all of the insane prophetic type interpretations, like some others we know...

www.lucypringle.co.uk...

Edit: Speaking of Lucy Pringle... I don't think I saw this one posted up on ATS yet...however I have been gone a couple days:

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Now hold on....I thought that the CC was predicting a "solar storm", or the "collapse of our magnetosphere" on 7/7....NOT the forming of a couple sunspots (which as pointed out above, formed on 7/3)
Do I really need to go dig out the quotes from this "interpretation/prediction"?

No just the title of the relevant thread will do

Another New Crop Circle Predicts July 7th 2009 - Earth getting a Major Solar Storm

I have no problem with a belief in Aliens making some circles... but deliberate lies to back a claim is too much... and does no one any good. Besides its easy to make a prediction and find facts that seem to support it like they are doing in this case

Yesterday I predicted there would be at least Two 5.0 or higher earthquakes in the World lesse now....

07-JUL-2009 19:14:09 -5.53 151.96 5.1 44.5 NEW BRITAIN REGION, P.N.G.
07-JUL-2009 19:11:45 75.28 -72.20 5.9 10.0 BAFFIN BAY
07-JUL-2009 16:59:05 23.99 122.55 4.8 11.0 TAIWAN REGION
07-JUL-2009 16:46:15 -29.38 -71.07 5.3 48.8 NEAR COAST OF CENTRAL CHILE
07-JUL-2009 16:31:41 -26.72 67.46 5.7 10.0 INDIAN OCEAN TRIPLE JUNCTION
07-JUL-2009 12:42:00 -17.93 -178.53 4.6 587.9 FIJI ISLANDS REGION
07-JUL-2009 07:59:47 56.96 -33.56 4.7 10.0 REYKJANES RIDGE
07-JUL-2009 01:02:47 34.17 25.55 4.8 10.0 CRETE
07-JUL-2009 00:32:46 34.21 25.19 4.9 9.6 CRETE

not bad I got FOUR

My prediction holds for tomorrow as well, no mater when you read this

www.iris.edu...

Even if I miss one day a month I'm still batting 90+% accuracy

[edit on 8-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
comment by repeat banned member removed by admin.

[edit on Thu, Jul 9th 2009 by Djarums]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Qualifying an interpretation with "may" is sort of like having your cake and eating it too. If it happens, you're golden. If it doesn't, you've got wiggle room.

Two options here. Either the "interpretation" was wrong or the "prediction" was wrong. They weren't talking about solar flares, they weren't talking about sunspots. The "jellyfish" was supposed to represent the magnetosphere, specifically, remember? The "sextant" one was talking about coronal mass ejections, specifically, remember? There were no geomagnetic storms on the 7th, there were no coronal mass ejections on the 7th, there was no impact on the Earth on the 7th. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Three strikes enough or are do you want to waffle some more?

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Now hold on....I thought that the CC was predicting a "solar storm", or the "collapse of our magnetosphere" on 7/7

Those were two interpretations, remember? And anything relating to our magnetosphere or solar activity is easily within the ballpark of this "prediction" as far as I am concerned, because I remember all of this at the time and it made enough sense to me to watch solar activity in general. It is at least enough of a coincidence to be called a great coincidence, do you not agree on that much?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I do understand what you are saying and agree for the most part, I dont think you understand what im saying tho, forget the solarstorm or anything just the simple fact the CC said 7/7 and on 7/7 theres a sunspot.. that IS a correlation.. deny ignorance as they say?? i'm not saying theres any ryme or reason to that correlation just saying its there. Do you not see that?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I'll say one thing about that CC; when you run your scroll wheel back and forth on it, it looks bitchin.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
"The astronomy of our local solar system was shown at Roundway, Bishop Cannings, Windmill Hill or Wayland’s Smithy in April or May of 2009: the solar ecliptic, lunar orbit, a lunar eclipse on July 7, 2009, and possibly an upcoming solar storm!"

So your saying there was foreknowledge of the look of that 'jellyfish' graphic several months before the circle appeared? How about that

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Fair enough, only humans trying to make a WAG anyway.

I'll take maple sryup with the waffles.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Do you not see that?

No, I don't. Sunspots occur from time-to-time. You don't want to go back a page like I told you to...fine, I will do it for you:

Originally posted by questioningall
Well it seems that a sun spot has been spotted that is the LARGEST EVER FOUND - sunspots can be 60 times the size of Earth - this one is 60 to 80 times the size of Earth.

What? Are you sure you (and whoever wrote this article) know what your talking about?

Here is a current picture of this "massive
" sunspots you are referring to:

I am just going to randomly grab a few of these same pics from only the last couple of years, which also have visible sunspots, and then you tell me if the current sunspot is really the "biggest ever"

just the simple fact the CC said 7/7 and on 7/7 theres a sunspot.. that IS a correlation.. deny ignorance as they say?? i'm not saying theres any ryme or reason to that correlation just saying its there. Do you not see that?

No still don't see it, please re-look over the pictures of recent large sunspots posted above.

Originally posted by Phage

I'll say one thing about that CC; when you run your scroll wheel back and forth on it, it looks bitchin.

Agreed!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I do understand what you are saying and agree for the most part, I dont think you understand what im saying tho, forget the solarstorm or anything just the simple fact the CC said 7/7 and on 7/7 theres a sunspot.. that IS a correlation.. deny ignorance as they say?? i'm not saying theres any ryme or reason to that correlation just saying its there. Do you not see that?

NO I do NOT see that because... you all are missing ONE important detail

The sunspot did NOT appear on 7/7... Sunspot 1024 appeared on July 5th, 20o9 and actually subsided on Jul 7th... though today it is acting up again

spaceweather.com...

So how can ANYONE use this sunspot to claim anything if it began two days before the 'prediction'

Yesterday, sunspot 1024 took the day off; the fast-growing active region stopped growing and even decayed a little. Today, the sunspot is growing again. It now measures 125,000 km from end to end, almost as wide as the planet Jupiter. This 3-day movie from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) shows recent developments:

spaceweather.com...

Here is the spot from Jul 5th, Jul 6th and Jul 7th

But you guys will still find a way around this won't ya?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

Its simple mate!

We are entering solar maximum! When we enter solar maximum we have sun spots, fact! Its not amazing that somebody would have guessed there would be a sunspot on 7/7 because it was going to happen anytime soon!

Not only that the sunspot has been there for over a week!

Sometimes your just banging your head on the wall dealing with people on this site!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join