It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kundalini and The Long Dark Night of the Soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have come to realize my kundalini has risen. I have felt the amazing love and energy swirl around me, up my spine and out into the space between myself and God/the one/creator. At first it came to me often, it was absolute love, it made me realize there is a far greater power that is so amazing once felt you can never turn away from it. It calls to you, it asks you to awaken, it calls you to love in a way that is beyond words....

I took this love for granted, I thought it would stay with me forever but after a while it lessened, visited me less, I thought it had left me, abandoned me, I became lost for many months. Even now the love surrounds me much less am I going through this....

www.kundalini-teacher.com...

The experience of the Dark night is the apparent disappearance of the Divine Grace that the Kundalite has become accustomed to as a warm, loving presence. It is a feeling of having been abandoned by God, characterized by an extreme sense of loneliness, and often a sense of futility and an experience of all efforts coming out the opposite of what is expected.

Dont get me wrong I still feel this immense energy but in a different way. No longer do I walk around in a warm loving fuzzy feeling as before, its still there but its intensity is less. The spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle after his awakening spent 2 FULL YEARS in a state of bliss, he lived in an absolute state of divine love for that long but even for him it eventually left him.

How do we know when we are in the long dark night, its not just a night as Ive often thought, it can be weeks even years. When this ends is it a complete awakening?

The loneliness is Divine. God-dess was lonely, being One and infinite, and so created us- the illusion of separation, in order to experience love. When the illusion ends, as part of the process leading to self realization, the experience of Divine love ends too... but the dark night is temporary. You will experience the love and presence again, when you come out the other side and evolve into Self Realization and start to see your lovable Divine Self reflected in everyone and everything you meet.

I am not at this point, but I have also experienced the Divine love leaving me, does this mean I am in my dark night of the soul?

I just want to discuss this with others who may have some idea of what I am trying to think about or even understand maybe. Im not depressed or sad, I did feel great spectrums of emotion initially when my kundalini/awakening started but I do feel I am still in some process awaiting the next stage.

How long do these stages to divine realization go on for? Life?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Kundalini is not really love, it is more like an infinite fuel. You might experience love more intense because kundalini is flowing but kundalini is not really love. If you mistake kundalini for love it might be you are shutting it out because it is not aligned with truth anymore.

It might also be a lot of different things, some change in yourself triggered by daily events, something someone said to you and is affecting you but you misinterpret it as kundalini rising. The ultimate goal is ofcourse reaching a state of bliss for all of eternity, not just this or the next life.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hi,im had a kundalini awaking earlier in dec of 08 im 19 and im still dealing with it,

i feel like i went throught certain steps,first i had the overwelming ernergy surging throughout my body felt like i could feel everyblood cell in my body moving,or electricity,then i went through a stage of obe going to other worlds,then i went through a stage of having psychic abilites,started to see auras and such...and now im kinda still in the psychic stage still,but the thing is i was depressed before i had the awaking and one day i was so depressed i thought about giving meditation a try and the first time i meditated(unguided and with no info on how)i had a spontanouse awaking

i dont know if i went through the dark soul part yet because im get sad somtimes but mosty beacause of this hateful world we live in but not like before

sry i kno that doesnt answer your question but just wanted to let you kno your not alone

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You can never chase yesterday's spiritual experience.

It's fresh as a fountain of new life welling up from the very center and source of existence and can only be touched, touched by, drank from, out of the present moment.

This is why Eckhart Tolle now claims that presence is everything.

Be present to the presence of the present and allow your mind to be continually renewed, and leave yesterday's spiritual experience behind, and you may find that the bliss will return.

All that said, I haven't yet had the full on awakening, only a taste and a glimps of it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
hello Mr Green

The dark night of the soul is not the same as having lost the illumination

They are two separate states

Some people describe it as ...being in love with the whole world ...where everything takes on a shininess ....a senses of glow

What I feel you are going through by your description is the dimming of the "lightness in your being"

"So with in ...so with out "

This is kind of like losing the taste of something and a search begins for that which is lost

This is what can starts a person upon their spiritual journey

The Kundalini energy just like dragonfly79 says ..is something different from your state of being

The dark night of the soul ....is something else
something other then what you seem to be experiencing

There are many ways of bringing this lightness back into your being ...
So please do not worry that it is lost ...you simply need to understand how it got there in the first place

Then re-apply the focus

and yes ..omegapoint ....love cannot be stored up or grasped so very true

it is reborn into each new moment ....

one breaths it in ...and breath it out.....

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sounds like you're doing fine -

The Cloud of Unknowing

The Cloud of Unknowing is an anonymous work of Christian mysticism written in Middle English in the latter half of the 14th century. The text is a spiritual guide on contemplative prayer and the esoteric techniques and meanings of late medieval monasticism.

The book counsels a young student not to seek God through knowledge but through what the author speaks of as a "naked intent" and a "blind love."

Source : Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAB19
hi,im had a kundalini awaking earlier in dec of 08 im 19 and im still dealing with it,

It does not come with a guide book does it, shame would make our life a lot easier.

sry i kno that doesnt answer your question but just wanted to let you kno your not alone

Thank you that means a lot. Just to talk to others really helps.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
You can never chase yesterday's spiritual experience.

Very true. However this dark night of the soul is related to spiritual awakening and I dont think it can be just simply ignored. yes dont chase after the initial awakening feelings but isnt it better to understand this phase more?

The "dark night" experience is very specific, and often misunderstood. It is often mistaken for depression, anxiety, or the Witness state. It generally comes late in the kundalini process, and it is a precursor to self realization. It often lasts several months, even a year or more.

You are very right though it is pointless to chase past spirituality.

This is why Eckhart Tolle now claims that presence is everything.

Be present to the presence of the present and allow your mind to be continually renewed, and leave yesterday's spiritual experience behind, and you may find that the bliss will return.

Again very true, to be in our now is truely the only place we can actually be.

The experience of effort creating opposite effects, is to train you to stop trying and simply *be.*

this advice from the link on how to come out the other side of late kundalini effects like the dark night is very similar to Eckart Tolle also, to just simply be .

www.kundalini-teacher.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Saint John of the Cross has written extensively on this subject. One of the best examples would be The Ascent. Go ahead and click.. the entire text is free to read.
To me, the Dark Night is just that.. dark. Void of all hope and reassurance from the divine, to imagine the sunrise is comparable to dreaming of Summer while locked inside a walk-in-freezer.
It is the ultimate test of faith. You feel the Spirit has left you and all of your efforts are in vain. I have been experiencing this Dark Night for over three months now, but apparently it can last for years. I am sad to say, every moment hangs on a complete breakdown for me. I have been working diligently to live a spiritual life for half a year, which is really not long at all...but for all the work and change I've experienced, my former, earthly self was beginning to seem a distant memory.
Now, however, I feel as if I am trapped. A spiritual being completely separated from the Divine. There is no joy or pleasure left in sacrifice, nothing to look forward to, and most of all, no longer content in the Spirit.
I was getting to a point where meditation was becoming very rewarding. Now it is only black nothing. There is no sign of love or comfort to be found in the infinite, and to search for such comfort on earth would mean all of my efforts have been in vain. Even my closest friend, who is one with the universe, refuses to comfort me.
I am afraid my spirit might not survive this Dark Night. I am this far from downing a few beers and chain smoking. More encouraging words could only come from one who has actually passed thru the Night. Whether such a person would care to lift our Spirits, is another thought altogether.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by siree

To me, the Dark Night is just that.. dark. Void of all hope and reassurance from the divine, to imagine the sunrise is comparable to dreaming of Summer while locked inside a walk-in-freezer.
It is the ultimate test of faith. You feel the Spirit has left you and all of your efforts are in vain. I have been experiencing this Dark Night for over three months now, but apparently it can last for years.

Thank you for your post, you sound like you are definatly within this long dark night.

Do you think that is what it is, a period of testing with no contact with the light? The final test prior to awakening? I dont feel as bad as you, I do still see the light, I can still connect to it but its fading, it is getting less and less, my meditation does not connect like it used to. I definatly feel like you some part of the light has left me, like its hanging back watching me, yes testing me maybe.

What is the point to this dark test?

I am sad to say, every moment hangs on a complete breakdown for me. I have been working diligently to live a spiritual life for half a year, which is really not long at all...but for all the work and change I've experienced, my former, earthly self was beginning to seem a distant memory.

It is well known people enter an awakening as one person and come out the other side as another. We change totally, our friends seem to change, and our lives seem to change. Maybe you are meant to move away from your Earthly self into a more spiritual being? This change is painful, it is so painful at times I know.

I was getting to a point where meditation was becoming very rewarding. Now it is only black nothing. There is no sign of love or comfort to be found in the infinite, and to search for such comfort on earth would mean all of my efforts have been in vain. Even my closest friend, who is one with the universe, refuses to comfort me.

Again this has happened to me. Meditation does not bring the same results but I have read this happens to many. I dont think your efforts have been in vain at all. It will return we just need to have patience and faith in the light. This is a recognized part of spiritual awakening and has to have an end point.
When I first opened my chakras I was overcome with an absolutely devestating feeling of dread and complete darkness. It felt as if my spirit had been taken and I was an empty shell of nothing. It felt like I had no soul it was the most terrible feeling I have ever had, it lasted maybe 2 weeks but I do not think that was the dark night of the soul, I just think that was the dark. Awakening at times is hard and I hope you do feel better soon.

More encouraging words could only come from one who has actually passed thru the Night. Whether such a person would care to lift our Spirits, is another thought altogether.

lets hope such a person is on this site

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The dark night occurs after considerable advancement toward higher consciousness. Indeed, the dark night usually occurs like an initiation before one of these special seekers is admitted into regular relationship with higher consciousness. The dark night also occurs to those who do not seek relationship but immersion or unity in the higher consciousness. While the term dark night of the soul is used broadly, its general meaning — in the field of higher consciousness — is a lengthy and profound absence of light and hope. In the dark night you feel profoundly alone.

maybe this site helps this is very interesting

www.themystic.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venus014
maybe this site helps this is very interesting

www.themystic.org...

He comes across a bit of a Guru but much of that link did make sense.

As you proceed earnestly you experience several unusual, utterly delightful levels of awareness. You move through "levels of the heart" and through numerous planes of consciousness.

above taken from your link, yes I have experienced this very much.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Perhaps it is the question of time you seek that hinders the ability to regain awareness? Time is not relevant in spirit.

And without darkness there is no light, they together help the self appreciate the balance.

I'm certain this is something you already know, or this topic would not exist.

Just releasing what I was urged to write to you.
Just trust it will be.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
forget about bliss and light. those are both traps. nice little island stops to make, but if you are serious about anything you are not interested about mai tai's on hawaii
you want answers
to who you are and where you are

the person who suggested kundalini is a fuel is a great gift
use that energy. go looking false. all the bull# you can find.
throw it all into that kundalini fire
when it is ALL gone

what is left
will be the truth

best wishes

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with the term Kundalini, but the phrase "dark night of the soul" really resonates with me.

In my opinion, most spiritual people, no matter what their faith or belief system, will experience something similar. I once had someone describe it to me (from a Christian standpoint) as this:

1. Conversion Experience (accepting the gift of God, awakening, what ever term you would like) tend to leave one feeling euphoric, joyful, and energetic. This feeling can last anywhere from minutes to months, and even years. But it is ultimately temporary.

2. Dark Night- the person begins to "come down" from the spiritual high of the conversion experience. Now realizes that everyday life continues, it changes reality somewhat. Person may feel abandoned by God, unworthy, somewhat apathetic. I believe this abandoned feeling is directly linked to the dissapointment of losing that conversion "high" (for lack of a better word).

3. Revival or Renewal- occurrs when the person experiences a reconnection with God/higher self/what have you. Often accompanied by a feeling of maturity, enlightenment, and peace. Ultimately transitory.

A person will most likely experience several of step 2 and 3 throughout a lifetime. I know myself I've been through 3 "Dark Night of the Soul". Just remember it is a transition phase, and use it for discipline and learning.

Best wishes to you, hope this helped and didn't completely sound far off left field.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hermes8

forget about bliss and light. those are both traps. nice little island stops to make, but if you are serious about anything you are not interested about mai tai's on hawaii
you want answers
to who you are and where you are

the person who suggested kundalini is a fuel is a great gift
use that energy. go looking false. all the bull# you can find.
throw it all into that kundalini fire
when it is ALL gone

what is left
will be the truth

best wishes

Star for you!

I wrote the OP many months ago, and since then, have grown to see all this in a different light.

I totally agree with your post above.

new topics

top topics

join